The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is counterproductive, Sims UI Team!

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
I have been playing around with the robotics skill and buying components is kind of a hassle. Not only do I have to go through too many pie menu options in the computer, having to buy insane amounts of components nearly breaks my fingers from clicking on the mouse so much.

V8s2M5R.png

I hope you can improve this by adding the option to write down the number on the number box, similarly to TS3, because having to click on that arrow so many times is not intuitive at all.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I agree. It is so annoying to click 99 times. Also I do not understand why we are not allowed to buy more then 99 of these parts. Ninety nine parts is not enough for my sims.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    I agree. It is so annoying to click 99 times. Also I do not understand why we are not allowed to buy more then 99 of these parts. Ninety nine parts is not enough for my sims.

Exactly. I really hope they update this in a future patch because this is really insane, it's too much clicking :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I found this infuriating while building servo. I'm sure there are mods out there to help with this, but while I have no issues with mods and use plenty myself, we shouldn't need to use mods for something like this. This is just plain stupid by design and they should fix it.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My daughter was in the next room and was laughing and teasing me about the 99 clicks all the time! It is quite annoying.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Seems like such an easy thing to implement too
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Agreed, they clearly must have been aware of it, but did not do anything to fix it. They could just have offered you to buy a box of upgrade parts like with littlemssam's robotics mod.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It looks like they need to add part packs to the game.
    Say a set of 10. 10 clicks and you would have 100 parts.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Seems like such an easy thing to implement too

Depends on how good they are at reprogramming it. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    On console you have to press just once and then hold
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I've had this frustration with upgrade parts and plasma packs even before robots lol :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I have been playing around with the robotics skill and buying components is kind of a hassle. Not only do I have to go through too many pie menu options in the computer, having to buy insane amounts of components nearly breaks my fingers from clicking on the mouse so much.

V8s2M5R.png

I hope you can improve this by adding the option to write down the number on the number box, similarly to TS3, because having to click on that arrow so many times is not intuitive at all.

Omg I haven't tried the robotics skill but this will kill me! I already have bad hands..
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Not sure why they did it this way. There are already containers in game that hold other items that you can open in inventory (rock and capsule) and inventory stacks. It should be simple to sell a box of 100 parts. Or a bag of 10 tomatoes or potatoes.

But the inventory needs some love and a polish, there are so many annoying issues with it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Now I am frightened to try robotics 😂