Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Origin Access and Sims Packs

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
So...I have Origin access as part of that November thing where you'd get one month free from having the security thing on.

Now....if I try to buy Uni or another pack, there's 10% discount on the pack.

Could someone explain how this works? Will I not be able to play the EP after the Origin Access ends? Or even the game itself?

Thank you.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think, and I'll admit I don't know for certain but it would be really bad business practice on EA's part to not work like this, that any pack you buy with an Access discount you'll still be able to use fully. Now, things like the Deluxe add on - if you didn't buy the deluxe version initially - I'd expect to deactivate as if you'd uninstalled the pack.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited December 2019
    My free trial just ended so here's my experience. Any game you purchase you can still use after access ends so take advantage of the 10% off while you can! If you upgraded your game to deluxe for free you cannot access that content after. The game will be grayed out but don't worry, to open your game click on the game and the gear button to open the setting, there should be an option to revert to the purchased copy which will remove the deluxe content and allow you to play normally. It will not remove anything you purchased, just the free content from access.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2019
    Good guess on how it works @DaWaterRat, and @Felicity1169 explained it perfectly! The 10% discount is applied to purchases while you are an Origin Access member. If your membership expires, the purchases you made will still be in your Origin Game Library and you can keep playing as usual. Basically, it works as if you purchased a game during sales. :)
    However, games from The Vault that you added to your Game Library for free during your Origin Access membership (this includes Deluxe upgrades or packs) won't be accessible anymore if your membership expires.