Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to stop painting looping?

My family is doing well. And my man of the house, Henry (dad/husband) is an Patron of the Arts now. I don't remember his painting level, but it is probably high from how far he got in his career. He never read any painting books, he was created as a young adult in the beginning, never been to the art museum to look at art at all or really any other location away from home aside from work, and now is pretty good at painting! Yet, the only problem I'm having is paintings are looping. I don't think the category of painting matters that fact that it is looping. I know this cause if it's a new painting I'll hang it in the house if it's a copy or a repeat I'll have someone sell it. And there's one painting I want so badly. It's a Large Pop Art painting of a grey skinned girl with black hair, white bow on her head, white eyes, and in a grey dress with red framing around her face.

And I've been trying to get him to paint it ever since he started to paint! He still hasn't randomly painted it. Every try it's looping. It's blue monsters, wolf, blonde guy, and a black haired lady with tan-ish skin tone in a swirl outfit of black and white. Those have been the paintings looping with each attempt. Is there a way I can force him to paint the grey girl with the white bow?!

Like is the grey girl a painting from a "craft" mood when he gets inspired to paint randomly? Or can I influence him to paint it by coloring the house specific colors? Or is there a drink or something that will trigger him to paint the grey girl?!

Please be kind. I don't know what is going on with the looping painting. I'm sure I choose Large Pop Art every time. I need help. I have the base game, no expansions or mods. Please I wanna have this painting specifically!

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I always thought the paintings were random, because you can get the same painting multiple times in a row. You're probably going to have to just keep trying.

The following is theory and conjecture, I have nothing to back it up other than poor anecdotal evidence

You might want to try going to the park in Willow creek, or otherwise near the Goths. My current house is in Brindleton Bay, and I've had a lot of repeats of the various cat and dog images. It's either because of where I'm painting/living, or else because my sim family has pets - like constantly.
  • Options
    AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I always thought the paintings were random, because you can get the same painting multiple times in a row. You're probably going to have to just keep trying.

The following is theory and conjecture, I have nothing to back it up other than poor anecdotal evidence

You might want to try going to the park in Willow creek, or otherwise near the Goths. My current house is in Brindleton Bay, and I've had a lot of repeats of the various cat and dog images. It's either because of where I'm painting/living, or else because my sim family has pets - like constantly.

Yeah, I figure a good portion of what paintings we'll get are randomized, so getting repeat offenders is so easy to happen. Yeah I don't think there's a direct way I can influence him to paint the grey girl ;u;

I think you have a decent theory. I gotten a sim to paint the Grey Girl before but I don't know how. And it's been so annoying I can't get that painting now since I gotten it before it a previous game I had lost due to my computer breaking down for a while several months ago. And probably some traveling would help him think more about other things to paint than to repeat himself so much. I swear it's like he can't remember "Oh hey I'm painting this painting again" whenever I notice what he's painting. Ugh, I just let him paint it all the way before getting rid of it or hanging it. Cause my theory is if I stop him mid-painting to scrap it, he'll soon try to paint the same darn paintings again. Yet that theory is bad, since I allow him to paint all them out before getting rid of them or hanging them.

Every time I play I pray he'll paint the Grey Girl, and he still denies me. :neutral: I don't know what his problem is.

Thanks for the comment! :smiley: Your idea is great and always worth a try!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited December 2019
    Paintings depend on the skill level. So your Sim could either have too low of a level for it or too high; my guess is it's too high now, since he's painting the better quality appearance ones.

It's also random when you're at or around the right skill level. There's unfortunately no way to force him to paint a specific piece, no way to influence it, and no way certain emotions will make it happen, either. Emotional paintings are actually their own category.

If you aren't opposed to it, many people have uploaded these completed paintings to the gallery for others to download into their game. They usually upload a bunch of them within small rooms, so that all you have to do is place the room, take the painting(s) you want, and then delete the room.
    Otherwise, if you wanted his name to be attached to the painting as the maker, there won't be a way other than to keep making him paint Large Pop Art paintings, or perhaps cheating his skill level a little lower to see if that'll work instead.
  • Options
    AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    Paintings depend on the skill level. So your Sim could either have too low of a level for it or too high; my guess is it's too high now, since he's painting the better quality appearance ones.

It's also random when you're at or around the right skill level. There's unfortunately no way to force him to paint a specific piece, no way to influence it, and no way certain emotions will make it happen, either. Emotional paintings are actually their own category.

If you aren't opposed to it, many people have uploaded these completed paintings to the gallery for others to download into their game. They usually upload a bunch of them within small rooms, so that all you have to do is place the room, take the painting(s) you want, and then delete the room.
    Otherwise, if you wanted his name to be attached to the painting as the maker, there won't be a way other than to keep making him paint Large Pop Art paintings, or perhaps cheating his skill level a little lower to see if that'll work instead.

Darn. And there's no telling what level of skills it takes to paint the Grey Girl! Curses! He might have too high a level, I'll have to check his painting skill level since I can't remember it. Yeah, I think the quality has been excellent maybe, I don't know for sure I never pay attention to that. Random of course, of course.

The downloaded gallery sounds nice, but I'd like it if my sim could be able to do it. But that's for the information. I never cheated on the skill levels before, and I'm tempted to test that cheat out for his family members as well. Yet I never thought of cheating skills lower. That's new to me. And I guess if none of these ideas work out then I could always have his kids try to paint the Grey Girl! ;u;

Thanks for the comment, it had a lot of good information for me! :smiley: I appreciate it a lot :3