Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day of the Dead HAT! I need it! Please!

AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
I was playing Sims 4 earlier, base game as always. I was at the park, fishing with some of the kids. And Then I notice there's a sim, a male with a such a cool top hat on! It had sugar skulls on it and so colorful and pretty! OHHHHHH! I wanted it as soon as I saw it. But I didn't know how to get it. And I noticed him cause he paused to take a photo with another sim before walking away. I never spoke to him and he's the first I've seen with that hat. And it is so COOL!

Please, tell me how I can get Day of the Dead clothes and sugar skulls for the display case! I'm American, I don't know the exact culture behind Day of the Dead, but it's so pretty what they make of it! And plus it's death related, so I'd love to show case that in my sim house. Please don't hate on me for not understanding Day of the Dead, all the colors and outfits are so beautiful, bright, and unique! I can't help but adorable that beauty!

Please be kind.
Post edited by Anitalifegurl on

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It should just be in your game alreafy. In create a SIM under the masculine hats category. I hope that helps.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Pics?
  • AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    It should just be in your game alreafy. In create a SIM under the masculine hats category. I hope that helps.

YES! :smiley: Thank you! I'm so excited now! :smiley:
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Pics?

Sorry I didn't get a picture of that mysterious sim. But if you google Sims 4 Day of the Dead, results will come up with sims wearing Day of the Dead themed outfits. I'm sorry I can't help anymore than that. I don't know that random sim, so I don't think I could find him again.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    For the sugar skulls, I don't think you can get them anymore without cheating, it was an event. Same with the positivity posters. You can do it by buying them in build if you turn off unlock entitlements. Or if cheats are on, right click on you Sim and go to collections and complete the sugar skull collection to get them all
    For the sugar skulls, I don't think you can get them anymore without cheating, it was an event. Same with the positivity posters. You can do it by buying them in build if you turn off unlock entitlements. Or if cheats are on, right click on you Sim and go to collections and complete the sugar skull collection to get them all

I wasn't playing Sims 4 during the Sugar Skull event, so for me, it's just a tease for have the display cause for them, yet no honest way to collect them anymore. I think I can turn off unlock entitlements. But since the event has long been over, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell a sim to go looking for sugar skulls anymore. But it's weird, cause when a sim dies I can have my sim leave a sugar skull offering to the newly dead sim. So the sugar skulls are all sorts of confusing. Also I was scared that the Day of the Day outfits would be off limits just like the sugar skulls are from just knowing I can't get sugar skulls naturally anymore.

Thanks for the comment, it seems I'll have to cheat to collect all the sugar skulls. :3
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I don't know how to get the skulls without cheats but you can honor the dead if you have a headstone on the lot. That got me a participant in Strangerville a couple of months ago.
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I don't know how to get the skulls without cheats but you can honor the dead if you have a headstone on the lot. That got me a participant in Strangerville a couple of months ago.

I never heard of Strangerville. But I had one of my sims honor a dead sim with a sugar skull. So that's a thing lol. Yeah, seems like cheating is the only way XD
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I got a sugar skull when one of my sims died, about a week ago. Her son talked to the guy wearing the Day of the Dead hat and eventually got the option to ask for a sugar skull.
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I got a sugar skull when one of my sims died, about a week ago. Her son talked to the guy wearing the Day of the Dead hat and eventually got the option to ask for a sugar skull.

So it's when a player sim dies, a sim can ask the ghost for a sugar skull? Or any ghosts? Cause I have a sim ghost in my sim house cause I stole her urn from her family. She died at the night club from old age I think. And stole it cause I wanted a ghost and to meet Death.

Or are you saying I need to speak with the sim wearing the Day of the Dead hat that I saw one day?

This mystery is very interesting.
    edited December 2019
    Yes. My sim died the day her son got the skull. First I clicked on the gravestone to request a skull. Then my sim went searching for the man wearing the Day of the Dead hat. He talked to him for awhile from the friendly section (asked about his day, get to know, etc) until I finally got the option to ask for a skull.
    Yes. My sim died the day her son got the skull. First I clicked on the gravestone to request a skull. Then my sim went searching for the man wearing the Day of the Dead hat. He talked to him for awhile from the friendly section (asked about his day, get to know, etc) until I finally got the option to ask for a skull.

I'll have to try to see if I can get one from Nancy's urn (she was Nancy Landgraab). If not then I guess I'll have to wait for a family member to die XD Okay, but I should request a skull from the gravestone, then look for the Day of the Dead hat wearing sim and chat him up until I can ask for a skull. I think that's possible :smiley: Thanks!
    It worked for me. Good luck!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Your questions have been already answered.

Anyway, I would like to suggest you to do some digging on the day of the dead. It is a very beautiful "thing". If you haven't seen Coco movie, you 100% must! This cartoon is about the day of the dead and without a doubt it is the most beautiful and meaningful movie of all ages.

Have a nice day and happy simming! :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You can get the skulls without cheating if you have Seasons though I’m not he is the way you do it. You can also get the egg collection and the special seed collection if you have seasons. The eggs is a tradition I believe and you can find the seeds in Patchy or get them in seed packs dropped by the gnomes.
    ~ ~ ~
    It worked for me. Good luck!

Your questions have been already answered.

Anyway, I would like to suggest you to do some digging on the day of the dead. It is a very beautiful "thing". If you haven't seen Coco movie, you 100% must! This cartoon is about the day of the dead and without a doubt it is the most beautiful and meaningful movie of all ages.

Have a nice day and happy simming! :)

I don't know when the real Day of the Dead is so I don't think I could dig. And if you meant to have a sim dig on Day of the Dead in Sims 4, well I probably had missed it and plus my sims don't announce it's a special holiday within the game :/ And I have seen Coco! It was so bright and beautiful with the colors and decorations! What I meant that I don't know much about it cause I'm not Spanish at all, so there's no need for me to celebrate it. But all the bright beautiful colors and all the work that goes into decorations and sugar skulls! It's so incredibly breath taking! :D I'm happy for the people that get to celebrate it, everything they do for it is admirable :3

Thanks for the nice day wish, I hope your day is good too and happy simming back to you! :3
    3KNPen wrote: »
    You can get the skulls without cheating if you have Seasons though I’m not he is the way you do it. You can also get the egg collection and the special seed collection if you have seasons. The eggs is a tradition I believe and you can find the seeds in Patchy or get them in seed packs dropped by the gnomes.

I don't have Seasons sadly. And yeah, I could get them honestly that way, but I'm too lazy to get Seasons for now. Maybe I'll get it one day. And I know of the egg hunt to unlock the bunny plushie. And wait "seed packs dropped by the gnomes"?!

Are there living gnomes pretending to be garden gnome statues or did I misunderstand you? :confused:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited December 2019

I don't have Seasons sadly. And yeah, I could get them honestly that way, but I'm too lazy to get Seasons for now. Maybe I'll get it one day. And I know of the egg hunt to unlock the bunny plushie. And wait "seed packs dropped by the gnomes"?!

Are there living gnomes pretending to be garden gnome statues or did I misunderstand you? :confused:

With Seasons on harvest fest the garden gnomes appear in your home and you need to appease the by offering what they want to them. If you get it wrong you get struck by lightning though. After harvest fest the appeased gnomes become normal garden gnomes and leave a ton of seed packets on your floor

With Seasons on harvest fest the garden gnomes appear in your home and you need to appease the by offering what they want to them. If you get it wrong you get struck by lightning though. After harvest fest the appeased gnomes become normal garden gnomes and leave a ton of seed packets on your floor

Okay, that's less disturbing than I thought XD Good thing it can only happen in videogames.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I believe I uploaded a very small room with the skulls on the shelf. I wanted to download them into another sims house. It’s probably under SheriSim or SheriSim57 and I try to hashtag them.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I believe I uploaded a very small room with the skulls on the shelf. I wanted to download them into another sims house. It’s probably under SheriSim or SheriSim57 and I try to hashtag them.