Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

preferred lifespan?

2...Next

Comments

• vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    normal
    I play on normal as I find long to be too long. It is too easy to max everything on long and for the most part I like to keep the majority of my Sims at a low or middle career level to keep the game somewhat challenging. Haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with University though.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    long
    A while ago I'd say normal, but I've come to appreciate long lifespans a bit more, especially now when DU is here, and that really takes time. It would be a pity if my sims died of old age before they could graduate, wouldn't it? xD
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    use MCCC to adjust days
    I have custom normal lifespans, that are about double the normal lifespan on everything but the baby stage. But I'm not against resetting ages, turning aging off for certain sims, or whatever I need to do to ensure my sims do what is needed - like graduate from DU before they're old lol.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    doesn't matter, ageing's off
    As the overlord of my sims, they age when I say so-muahahaha 😈
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    doesn't matter, ageing's off
    I rotate between too many households for ageing to be left on. If I didn't keep it off, all of my Sims would be growing up and experiencing life without me there, then dying off.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    long
    I've played with the idea of aging off but figured I'd forget about it and I actually want my sims to age up. I have settings on long lifespan with aging only for active households I'm playing. NPCs age normally on long lifespan but most of my sims are supernaturals so they're automatically immortal. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    other (please specify)
    Since I rotate I have ageing off most of the time. About twice per sim year I switch it back on normal lifespan for a few sim days so that the population ages a little.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    use MCCC to adjust days
    I have adjusted the lifespan to be roughly double of normal (or half of long, if you want) with the length of each stage to be closer to reality (especially the comparative length of child and teen stages compared to YA/adult).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.