Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

preferred lifespan?

just curious. i usually use normal but i've started to experiment with long and it's growing on me
when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye

preferred lifespan? 107 votes

short
0%
normal
15%
Akl500Pvancanuckfan86IcewolfCelticgamer0CamkatBoergeAarg61IObelleMindofyduhboy2u2DoloresGreysarahuk12Bearpal64KiwicantdieSimtown15nerdfashionQueenarellaGilbertStrangePenny 17 votes
long
19%
bshag4lvGalacticGalrudolphaBloosmoomlmeadowsRamblineRoseKhrisstynefallenangel66RedDestiny92StutumOEII1001JemmaTheSimmerFirandealyssa123Violet_SapphireSharoniaDaWaterRatCaprianaBfinnhhoneylemon 21 votes
doesn't matter, ageing's off
37%
auroraael14sims2freak737joelygirlsims2friendlysimmersg01denswanBluellesekojranaakaniki0AquariusMomspice3elelunicyiliekponiezDevilNDisguiseannaliese39catitude5JackOnYourBackMissyScabtreeEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7HopeyStarr 40 votes
use MCCC to adjust days
17%
alan650111TynkColorist40Isb917MeteoraStormMariefoxprice83KalaniCoolSekrilsillyangel0906FaberriesNorthDakotaGamerLairaperagogoWildIrishBansheeMindsimscreateTomasGrizzlyizecsonllamasfluVanesa1118 19 votes
other (please specify)
9%
elanorbretonthecatsredChampandGirlieSimKeatsMDianaSimsmustenighostpostBecka28KimmerCherryBerryCloud 10 votes

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    long
    Considering the calendar for Seasons, and now the coming of Discover University and the time required to earn a degree, I think that it is clear that the devs have developed the game with the Long setting in mind.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I turned off ageing, set my seasons to 3 weeks and age up my sims every year or two. They live in total for 10 sim years. :)
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    use MCCC to adjust days
    I used to play with the long lifespan, but I’m so busy nowadays and i don’t have time to play as much, so i changed it to normal, but with a few tweaks from MCCC. I still haven’t found the right amount of days for my play style, so i turn aging off if i feel like it’s going too fast
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    do not matter i play with aging fully turn off and use the mcc mod to also make my sims immortal
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    long
    The long setting always. I like to keep my sims around for a long but still have them age.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited December 2019
    Ageing is off. And I never get around to ageing them up. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Ageing's off here, too. I don't just play dolls - each and every Sim I play is special to me, and I dedicate time and effort to have them accomplished their things. Plus, it's so nice to come back and see them again after having taken a break from the game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    normal
    After having some sims with very long lifespan, I prefer normal.
    Some Elder sims had a stated lifespan of more than 2,000 days.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    other (please specify)
    I use a combination of aging off and normal. I mostly have it off but every so often (no particular rhyme or reason) i age my sims a few days on normal. Sometimes I get fed up with the current generation and aging stays on (normsl speed) until the teens are young adults and then sging stops again for the new generation.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    use MCCC to adjust days
    All I do is use MCCC to double the 'normal' lifespan. I found long to be way too long and lost interest.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    other (please specify)
    Normal but I pause sometimes to actually make it a bit longer. This means that I can really let scenarios play out without worrying about aging or I can keep trucking along.

I nearly always only age the household I am playing. Eventually I will age the townies along but that's more like generational aging when my playable households shift over.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    other (please specify)
    I use everything, except short lifespan.

It depends on the save file. On challenges I follow the rules. If I play my own game I usually start with aging off and turn it on later. I use either normal or long lifespan, depending on how I feel about the game play.
    Sometimes I can turn the aging off later again if I feel like I need more time to achieve something before my Sims will age up. Sometimes if I play on long lifespan I may get bored and want my Sims to age up faster, then I will turn the aging on normal.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I age Sims up when I’m ready.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    other (please specify)
    I would love if I could settle with one aging option, but normal feels too short whereas long is just too long. I end up juggling between those two and maybe occasional aging off mixed in. Generally I like having aging on though and think it adds a sense of meaning into my sims' lives.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    other (please specify)
    I've tried everything but the short lifespan but don't really have a preference. I like to change it in the different saves I have. I have one legacy on normal, one on custom and most of my test and story saves are aging off.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    other (please specify)
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    normal
    I play either rotational or Legacy, or a mix thereof, and so normal lifespan has been my go-to. I might experiment with long just to see how it feels.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I turned aging off and age my sims up whenever I feel like it. It works better this way and I don't feel rushed while playing.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited December 2019
    long
    I like to have as much time with my Simmies as possible. I play on Long. That way I can age up my Sims, when I'm ready to do so. ;) I used to play on Epic in Sims3 and change the sliders around to suit me. In this iteration, I was annoyed we didn't get that, but I have found my own workaround. And yes, I do use MCCC and just learned recently why setting the number of days per age wasn't working for me, so now I have an option I didn't have before. But, I don't always keep to the 'script'. Sometimes I will age Sims up sooner than originally intended. For instance, once DU came out I wanted all four of my teens to go together and share a dorm room. Wanted to get them through university in one fell swoop. So, in order to keep their birth order, I started with the eldest and had him apply for a scholarship. The next day I aged him up. Leaving a day in between Sims, I did the same for his next younger brother. And so on and so forth until all four were aged up. Then I used the cheat for uni and sent Aaron to the uni of choice. I had him claim a bed, saved the game and went back to their home lot. I did the same until all four were at Britechester-U, in the same dorm and decided I would play each term back-to-back until they graduated. The only problem with this is that the only sister and youngest of the four, was about a day behind in her classes. But, it worked out in the end, except for a mod I was experimenting with. I have recently restarted them from a copy of the family held safely in My Library. I do like this method brought to us by Sims 4. I've even found a way to skill them up and save them with said skills. Makes for a shorter path to a restart. Sadly, I've suffered too many restarts. LOL But, I'll get over it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ghostpostghostpost Posts: 42 Member
    other (please specify)
    Usually normal but after DU released, I tried long since the degrees take some time. I have to say that the journey of my sim attending university and climbing up the ranks in their career really made me connect to them and like them more, so I kept the long lifespan and eventually turned ageing off completely!

I can see myself switching back to normal on other saves though eg legacies.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Aging off.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    other (please specify)
    I use normal for legacy families/challenges, long for a challenge I gave to myself where I raise a child from toddler to YA ONLY controlling the child, and OFF for my OC (original character) save where I just make sims and let them do whatever.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    long
    Have always played on long and keep my seasons at 2 weeks. I find it suits DU as well. Just can't keep track of using age up on my own except for the odd one day earlier than the actual birthday. Still get that legacy feel to the game which I like and have time to see my sims accomplish some goals.
  • FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    Aging is off for my sims, keeping them together like little dolls in a imaginary world makes me happier
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    normal
    Although, when I get DU, I'll probably extend the Young Adult lifespan with MCCC to 35 days.
    funny-gifs20.gif