Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mistakes of the Sims 4

S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
edited December 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What are the mistakes of the Sims 4 and what they should improve for better and versatile content?

I thought of this even though I think the game is getting better I feel they put unnecessary situation in the game that stops it from being as fluid. Other times I think those elements should’ve already have been included for the game to function better anyways.

LIMITATIONS:  like no open shower woo hoo when the steam hides the woo hoo.  No kitchens in dorms for students  to make own meals. The mini fridge only for microwave sort of stuff which is silly if you  want to use the mini fridge multiple  builds like small homes and apartments  making it not versatile.  Not being able to put mini fridges, washing machines and ovens under counters.Not being able to have stoves and ovens separate and not being able to put objects like microwaves and coffee machines on others surfaces like shelves, accent tables and dining tables I know it more animation but I at least think they're should be a set microwave wall height or wall microwave.
We should be able to put a popcorn maker on tables.
We should see pets in other world's without a lot trait if vampire  can pop up randomly to your house we should see pet in other neighbourhoods.
We should be able to walk more than one dog and children should be able to walk dogs.
If a sim is a family or has a high enough friendship with another sim then when the sim visit their house they shouldn’t have a problem with them cooking or sleeping overnight.
I can understand a sim not having to two occult powers however in CAS, I think all sum with occult DNA should be able to mix not match case features to represents  both side.they have a special occult icon to represent  mixed DNA either with human sim and a occult sim or two different occult sims e.g mixed alien human sim with human skin and alien eyes or a mixed vampire  mermaid sim with the appearance of a vampire but with mermaid tail and powers.
Children should be able to do more things and they have  been neglected  more people will play with them if they had more things to do like riding bikes and doing a little wand magic mini duels, baking, gardening. 
We should able to terrain paint the dirt on the edited terrain
Be able to move object down as well as up like bushes so they go flat into the terrain
Being able to select own roommates based on people your sim knows  as well having random choice.

MISSING CONTENT:

Not adding hammocks with islands living or having a hotel system.
No drums added in a update or get famous
Not having a active teacher career in discover university  see the other side of university life plus I'm not in the mindset that if we had a active career we wouldn't do much they are plenty thing for students and teacher to do e.g like writing  a lesson plan, conversing with students and other teachers tutoring badly performing students assign group task planning field trips asking  school board for new equipment and teachers planning a graduation event as a task etc. If it was for students pick groups in team project either prank other students or help classmate prank teacher to lower performance or ask questions to boost performance be a team leader or not show class and teacher your project. I'd  rather do that  then just wait ages for them  to return for me to start playing with them again
Those that say it's pointless, you can say that for any active career. (I can always change a build creation I don’t buy the Sims for their build creations but for their content).
I was really disappointed when we didn't get hotel systems in island living especially as it didn't have  much game play we need to be able to own more than one lot in a single household  and rent out own business and residents or vacation  home as a source of income.
(Unless sim does a hotel pack and study pack I think they should add theses features to the game).

Bunkbeds should be added in a update. As well as being able to make platforms based on a wall height segments to make split levels on different floor levels.
Rotate stairs diagonally
Ladders options as well ( I know we just got a Stairs system update which is good but I think it will  better if function was customised by each individual step so they rotate by step and stretch to a certain distance in a way to change stairs into a ladder if not for the sims 4 then the sims 5).

RECYCLED OR THING THAT SHOULD’VE BEEN IN A UPDATE
The ability to change your poses that should been in a free update instead of add a camera feature in a stuff pack.
The whole of my first pets stuff should be free at least if you bought cat and dogs as most the stuff seemed be recycled stuff for cats and dogs. (I also think the only reason it would be rated high is for those that got cats and dogs and only enjoy pet stuff subsequently to loving cats and dogs. My first pets stuff rides off its coattails.
Instead of recycling content from previous packs and claiming them as new base game updates they should’ve made new content as we have bought these packs for their content.
(Look at LGR Sims 4 reviews and you notice which items have been recycled from which pack like the Sims 4 get famous review)
get-to-workt-cas-items-clothing.jpg

NEW FEATURES THAT SHOULD BE ADDED
Vehicles
Split levelling for all floor levels based on on wall height segments (the segments line is the parallel dots on the wall)
tumblr_o37zh9ZY4e1v8owxvo1_1280.png
Banking system for everyone: Sims have separate  fund when teens move out they have the money they saved either through part time jobs etc they can ask friend and family for money have Sims option to either put half/all or none in personal bank account or household account. Bill are taken out of household account. When a sim dies money they have in their personal bank can be divided up of family  and friends how much each gets or given away to charity. When friend and family received a money from the dead to goes into their personal bank account.

My criticism is constructive in hopes of the Sims improving on these features.

What do think is missing or needs to be improved?🤔
Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on

Comments

• simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    The fun is missing. I can´t play The Sims 4 for more than 20 minutes without getting bored, while The Sims 3 gets boring after 5-6 hours. I do like the gallery though.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    the biggest mistake of the sims 4 (in my opinion) is the lack of content for toddler sims :neutral: why does one of the most IMPORTANT life stages in ts4 have the least amount of content?
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    edited December 2019
    Not having a active teacher career in discover university

this!!!! hopefully zerbu will update his turbo career mod and include this as an option
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Im too lazy to type everything up on my cellphone right now this touch keyboard is annoying. But I just wanted to add not being able to live in destination worlds is a killer. Why can't we just have the option to use it as a rental or residential if we want? Those are the two most beautiful worlds and I can't live there 😭 even mods don't work.

Same with special lots. Had to use a mod to live in chalet gardens.

Also think we should be able to build on the area outside of our homes for more customization.

I think it's missing the ability to sit anywhere we want. Sims should be able to sit anywhere on the floor cross legged, on their knees etc.. for traditional style play or proper picnics, or just for whatever reason. If they wanted to take it a step farther sims should be able to sit on tables, fences, counters, the arm of the chair etc. Basically anywhere just like real life.

It's missing that sense of togetherness. I thought by 2019 I would see sims cooking together, dancing together (facing eachother), playing together like chasing eachother, tag, hide and seek type of play, riding boats together, walking and holding hands together, snuggle sleeping together. Sims teaching kids how to cook. Different ways of comforting/holding eachother when sad.
    Those kind of things.

Missing lots of traits and emotions especially basic things like faithful, fear emotion, brave, coward.

Too lazy to type more. 🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    I've mentioned a free open source software before in a couple of threads.

Search for OpenSimulator. I'll say no more.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The biggest mistake in this game is how dumb are these sims.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 yes that's why I can only play long term with autonomy off. They do some pretty..... not so smart things.... :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    sims having both the personality and intelligence of a raw potato
    i didn't even realize how bad this was until i got the 'have some personality please' mod😭
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    sims having both the personality and intelligence of a raw potato
    i didn't even realize how bad this was until i got the 'have some personality please' mod😭

Yea her mod is a life saver...

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sims 4 made an lot of mistakes Imho, EA/maxis took too much out of the game for one. Also used an engine from an failed project instead of building one from scratch with the understanding it would save them money from not doing so and by doing so it may have lessened some features from coming to Sims 4. Sims 4 is just basic for me and being most of the pertient packs have been produced already and with the total conversion to 64 bit at an late stage may have made it impossible to revisit those same packs so one has to wait until Sims 5 if it is in the works. If Paralives lives up to what it can do, it may be an strong contender to the Sims series and if it does it would be an serious mistake for EA/Maxis.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    No offense, but people have been posting about ways they could improve the game for years, and they really haven't listened for the most part. There are over 300 posts on this same thread complaining about random outfit changing, for instance, and they are still putting it in the packs. And that's something they don't even have to change; just stop doing it. Less work! So not sure why they'd suddenly start now. But hey, it's worth a shot.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    With a maximum sized lot and some thought and creativity one can make a community lot that comes close to feeling like semi-open world, at least with community lots - which were much better done. One lot with several different types of places on it, bigger versions of the EA made 'corner shops'. Didn't need to hire attendants for outdoor food stalls, either.
  • AverageLuluAverageLulu Posts: 34 Member
    The one thing that has always been bothering me about any of the sims games is that none of the stuff you buy actually changes the game unless you make it happen (apart from seasons). I'd love to be more challenged, for traits to have more impact and stuff like that. Once you know how the games work it isn't hard to get everything you want.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Circuseend wrote: »
    The one thing that has always been bothering me about any of the sims games is that none of the stuff you buy actually changes the game unless you make it happen (apart from seasons). I'd love to be more challenged, for traits to have more impact and stuff like that. Once you know how the games work it isn't hard to get everything you want.
    Sims isn’t the kind of game where things being hard to get is the focus. Sims is about the journey, not about the goal.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2019
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    No offense, but people have been posting about ways they could improve the game for years, and they really haven't listened for the most part. There are over 300 posts on this same thread complaining about random outfit changing, for instance, and they are still putting it in the packs. And that's something they don't even have to change; just stop doing it. Less work! So not sure why they'd suddenly start now. But hey, it's worth a shot.

...and I just started integrating the Realm of Magic into my playing. Setup some of my own magic types, like the Potter gang, gave them all skills, brooms, etc, then went back to my own sim. He visits the Magic Realm, and what does he see? Hermione in a totally non-sanctioned or created outfit. In other words, there they are, at it again changing outfits on your sims. Uggh.

Modding that out, but the point is, they never listen, or learn. And the sad part is, there is plenty of coding and filters already in the game, that they could use to apply their outfits to generated sims only. I use a line that says "Has a home" wherever I want the sim chosen to be one of mine, or at least one I allow to continue to exist, who all live in houses (except Father Winter...he's still a homeless bum). They could easily have put that in every change outfit override situation, so it only would have happened to homeless sims. And there are traits, buffs, etc, they could have used the same way. But no, because they either don't care or think their way of playing is better. "You Rule*" should have a an asterisk: *When we let you.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Fully agree with you! The fundamental mistake of TS4 is its creation and release.