Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Console Update Out Now

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    So far so good. I think anyway. Haven't played too much today unfortunately.

Odd though, when I loaded up my game I was greeted with Restaurants now available and then when I switched world's I had a Spa is now available pop up.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    The updates sound good.

Now if they can only fix the crashing problems.
    2quwd7.gif

• TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    sims are still excessively drinking water.
    edited December 2019
    Has anyone had trouble downloading the new patch? I tried several times tonight and it kept failing saying "The data is corrupted."

Here is a screenshot with more or less the message I get:
    20170119_225931_resized.jpg.0884fdf8dc871cf7a2db3e89537059ac.jpg

Please tell me it's not my game data is corrupt. If it were, wouldn't I be unable to play the game still?
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

sims are still excessively drinking water.

I don't know if I would call it excessive but at the same time my one Sim grabbed a glass of water from the bathroom sink walked to the kitchen put it down on the counter and grabbed another drink of water from the kitchen sink. I just don't understand why they want to drink water if there is no thirst meter.
    Has anyone had trouble downloading the new patch? I tried several times tonight and it kept failing saying "The data is corrupted."

Here is a screenshot with more or less the message I get:
    20170119_225931_resized.jpg.0884fdf8dc871cf7a2db3e89537059ac.jpg

Please tell me it's not my game data is corrupt. If it were, wouldn't I be unable to play the game still?

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-36244-9/

It just sounds like an issue with downloading the update not the data for the game hopefully.
    Has anyone else been unable to download the patch?
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited December 2019
    Has your console got enough memory ? , is the software up to date ?, how is your internet connection ?, is your console light flashing red ?, do you switch your console off from the mains while the light is still on or flashing ? That can corrupt files, if all of that is ok I would contact EA it shouldn't be doing that @adamclark83
    Things I've noticed from this patch:

There is now a Transportation category in outdoor objects - it has a picture of a bike.

The club's icon beside needs is now renamed Social Groups and the icon is a speech bubble rather than the three people icon.

There is a new quick meal option (or if it was always there I never knew it) called Off-brand Soda.

You can now assign beds.

Transfer funds between households when moving is now available.

On a minor but important note on the main menu you can't switch between the render art. I think it's now set to your last installed pack which for me is RoM.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Has your console got enough memory ? , is the software up to date ?, how is your internet connection ?, is your console light flashing red ?, do you switch your console off from the mains while the light is still on or flashing ? That can corrupt files, if all of that is ok I would contact EA it shouldn't be doing that @adamclark83

I was really investigating the problem yesterday, watching videos. There was one that simply said restart the console and it should fix the issue. I turned on my console last night, connected to the internet and within a matter of minutes a message popped up saying "The Sims 4 1.20 has been installed."
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm glad it's been resolved for you, theres nothing worse, a complete nightmare when something refuses to install 😂
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    The updates sound good.

Now if they can only fix the crashing problems.

From your lips to the developers ears. My game has had a crashing during travel problem since the July update, now the game just shrugs its shoulders and crashes 15 minutes into gameplay for no reason. At least I could pace myself for the travel crashing by saving before I tried to travel (could always travel at least once, but would crash when coming back home) but the game now crashes unexpectedly after the December update. My excitement for Discover University has gone down the drain because what's the point of getting it now i'm 1-not able to travel and 2-can crash at any moment....I hate this.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »

It would be best to let SimGuruNick, SimGuruJoystick and SimGuruLegacy know.
    My game crashed last night after exiting camera view from taking someone's photo. I've noticed how slow the game gets when coming out of camera, but pausing the game for a second usually helps. It's like the game can't handle all the detail and everything going on so it crashes the game.
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    My game crashed last night after exiting camera view from taking someone's photo. I've noticed how slow the game gets when coming out of camera, but pausing the game for a second usually helps. It's like the game can't handle all the detail and everything going on so it crashes the game.

That was supposed to be fixed in the patch consoles just got.
    I felt like my game froze when I entered camera view. Nothing was responding and all of a sudden it started working again. I'm not so sure the patch fixed it on console to be honest :/
    Something I noticed was that the "computer security settings" option was actually included in this update but I didn't realize it was because the lot I was playing at the time had the Detective Reward Computer and it didn't have the option. I wonder if that's the same as the other reward computers. :/ 🤔
    edited December 2019
    Another thing I swear that's new is that I can't rotate rooms anymore. I know I could do it before because sometimes I would be lazy and just pick a styled room and rotate it to fit the house. Am I crazy?

Update: okay so now it's working. I swear last night I couldn't do it on any lot! 🤔🤪
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Something I noticed was that the "computer security settings" option was actually included in this update but I didn't realize it was because the lot I was playing at the time had the Detective Reward Computer and it didn't have the option. I wonder if that's the same as the other reward computers. :/ 🤔

yes, I was soooo happy when I saw the option, finally!
    but weird if it really doesn't work with reward PCs, gotta test that out.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Definitely an oversight I think my testing has shown that all the other computers even the ones from expansion packs / game packs etc have the option but the reward ones might not.