Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And Paralives has a Color Wheel...Why can't TS4?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I don’t get how this thread is about Paralives. It’s actually about the lack of a colour wheel in TS4. Paralives is only mentioned as a point of comparison. Nobody is asking to talk about Paralives.

I know right I've stated several times this was comparing it....but you know.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Why do people always talk about Paralives likes it so good? It's not even done yet. You never know what will happen. Don't keep your hopes up.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Why do people always talk about Paralives likes it so good? It's not even done yet. You never know what will happen. Don't keep your hopes up.

Because it is the FIRST time that Sims MIGHT just might have competition...Sorry that I am excited.

Because it is the FIRST time that Sims MIGHT just might have competition...Sorry that I am excited.

There have been a couple of games that gave The Sims some competition but never came into fruition.
    832XG3D.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Those are some awesome building tools. I'll probably be a fan at least for building. The vegetation outside the window still looks a little abstract. As I said, I'm not going to comment on gameplay that I haven't seen but I'm open-minded. The guy certainly has imagination and I envy his attention-to-detail. I think the Sims team does as well but competition doesn't hurt. In my case, I don't think it would be an either/or proposition at least in terms of acquiring a basegame depending on the price.

That's an ambitious guy so it'll be interesting to see where he'll go from there. He might stay indie or he might eventually get bought out.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019

Nobody is talking about Paralives or wants to proceed with a discussion about that game. It was mentioned because it has a colour wheel, and the question is why doesn’t TS4? Nobody is talking about how Paralives is “so good”. We’re talking about a feature.

If this were a discussion about Paralives, as speculative as such talk would be at this point, I agree that it would belong in OT. I’m not even sure there’s cause to talk about it at all right now. It’s obviously far too early.

But there seems to be a lot of people getting defensive whenever the word Paralives appears on the forum, like it’s Voldemort or something. Maybe I’m off base, but that’s the impression that I get.

Nobody is talking about Paralives or wants to proceed with a discussion about that game. It was mentioned because it has a colour wheel, and the question is why doesn’t TS4? Nobody is talking about how Paralives is “so good”. We’re talking about a feature.

If this were a discussion about Paralives, as speculative as such talk would be at this point, agree that it would belong in OT. I’m not even sure there’s cause to talk about it all right now. It’s obviously far too early.

But there seems to be a lot of people getting defensive whenever the word Paralives appears on the forum, like it’s Voldemort or something. Maybe I’m off base, but that’s the impression that I get.

No I get that impression A LOT...it's like we cannot talk good about other games we gotta praise praise praise TS4 CONSTANTLY and if you don't like it, you are on the crap list for people on this site. Sorry not sorry.
    edited December 2019

If this were a discussion about Paralives, as speculative as such talk would be at this point, agree that it would belong in OT. I’m not even sure there’s cause to talk about it all right now. It’s obviously far too early.

No I get that impression A LOT...it's like we cannot talk good about other games we gotta praise praise praise TS4 CONSTANTLY and if you don't like it, you are on the plum list for people on this site. Sorry not sorry.

To be fair to the dissenters in this thread, I also don’t want to “talk good” about Paralives. It’s way too early for that and it would belong in OT anyway.

The colour wheel discussion is relevant, however.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, I think EA is being pretty lax about this. It's their forum and they'd be completely within their rights to ban any mention of a competitor game.

They either aren't threatened, will be on the look out for any way they can take him to court for any infringement or will ultimately try to acquire him in some form.

I am guessing that a lot of what he is releasing, he is doing in a manner to try to avoid infringement. I don't know him or his plans so it's all speculation. Maybe he plans to keep it entirely independent and to continue his ownership or maybe he'll ultimately plan to sell it off. I look at it and I see an entrepreneur, but it's too early for me to have any real opinion on his game as a whole.

As for why TS4 doesn't have a color wheel? It's a good question. I do agree with the suggestion of more options for hair colors. I've generally been fine with playing without it but I'd be happy if one were released. The upcoming arts pack seems like a good opportunity.

I'd guess that they have wanted to gradually release different features over time as they release more content. That's probably why they haven't released the color wheel or create-a-world. They want to make and release items from in-house.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member

There have been a couple of games that gave The Sims some competition but never came into fruition.

I've been wanting Rockstar games to make a life simulator forever now.
    keep on keepin' on
    edited December 2019
    As for why TS4 doesn't have a color wheel? It's a good question. I do agree with the suggestion of more options for hair colors. I've generally been fine with playing without it but I'd be happy if one were released. The upcoming arts pack seems like a good opportunity.

I'd guess that they have wanted to gradually release different features over time as they release more content. That's probably why they haven't released the color wheel or create-a-world. They want to make and release items from in-house.

Does anyone know if EA/Maxis has ever come out and said why we don’t have one? I’m wondering if it’s because it’s impossible under the constraints of the current engine and/or the way textures are applied to the meshes.

Otherwise I can’t think of a good reason why we don’t have a colour wheel - especially this far into the game’s life.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member

Does anyone know if EA/Maxis has ever come out and said why we don’t have one? I’m wondering if it’s because it’s impossible under the constraints of the current engine and/or the way textures are applied to the meshes.

Otherwise I can’t think of a good reason why we don’t have a colour wheel - especially this far into the game’s life.

Performance maybe? I know that's why they said that the worlds are so small, they want to make the game accessible to everyone regardless of PC, console, etc.

TS3's color wheel was cool, but it was one of the slower parts of CAS. Or maybe that's just TS3 in general.
    keep on keepin' on
    ceyric wrote: »

Performance maybe? I know that's why they said that the worlds are so small, they want to make the game accessible to everyone regardless of PC, console, etc.

TS3's color wheel was cool, but it was one of the slower parts of CAS. Or maybe that's just TS3 in general.

Psh, looks like that isn't not true now...dropping 32 bit support.

If this were a discussion about Paralives, as speculative as such talk would be at this point, I agree that it would belong in OT. I’m not even sure there’s cause to talk about it at all right now. It’s obviously far too early.

OP linked a video of Paralives in this thread. Therefore, they are still referencing it. If OP wants to complain about TS4 not having a color wheel, then just go with that. Why need to post that Paralives video? The word Paralives is even in the title of this thread... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

No I get that impression A LOT...it's like we cannot talk good about other games we gotta praise praise praise TS4 CONSTANTLY and if you don't like it, you are on the plum list for people on this site. Sorry not sorry.

Oh, so I'm on the plum list now? Also, if you have seen me on this site more, you would know that I'm not a huge fan of the game anymore. My intent is to not condemn people who are excited for Paralives but the game is still under development and we don't even have a set date for when it will be released. Anything can happen at this point. That's all I'm saying.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2019

OP linked a video of Paralives in this thread. Therefore, they are still referencing it. If OP wants to complain about TS4 not having a color wheel, then just go with that. Why need to post that Paralives video? The word Paralives is even in the title of this thread... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Oh, so I'm on the plum list now? Also, if you have seen me on this site more, you would know that I'm not a huge fan of the game anymore. My intent is to not condemn people who are excited for Paralives but the game is still under development and we don't even have a set date for when it will be released. Anything can happen at this point. That's all I'm saying.

Ummm,. why wouldn't I post a video of it in action when I was making a point?

Also I have seen countless times that people get ALL defensive if we start talking bad about the sims 4 and we are basically shunned.

• > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Ummm,. why wouldn't I post a video of it in action when I was making a point?
    >
    > Also I have seen countless times that people get ALL defensive if we start talking bad about the sims 4 and we are basically shunned.

What exactly is your point though? The garbage you wrote in your original post just comes off as mocking and snobby towards a franchise a lot of people still enjoy, of course people are going to get defensive. If you want a more constructive discussion while showcasing features of other games you should be more open ended ( ex: "Why does Paralives get a color wheel and Ts4 doesnt?", "So Paralives is getting a color wheel and Ts4 still doesnt have one, thoughts?" etc).

"Also I have seen countless times that people get ALL defensive if we start talking bad about the sims 4 and we are basically shunned."

This is a straight up lie. There is a lot of critisicm towards Ts4 coming from both people who enjoy the game and people who hate the game. Even the people who come here and mainly speak about the game in a negative tone are generally well received cause they put depth in their discussions/opinions. You on the other hand just seem to throw out petty jabs at the game/devs. The ironic thing about this is that the quallity of your post matches the quality of Ts4's content :blush:
    Uh hello, Based Department?

Also I have seen countless times that people get ALL defensive if we start talking bad about the sims 4 and we are basically shunned.

Yeah, I know you were making a point but I was replying to So Money saying this thread is not a discussion about Paralives. 😂

LOL, once upon a time, people actually get bashed for liking The Sims 4.

And you seem to get the idea that I don't like the word Paralives cuz it brings The Sims 4 to shame or whatever. No, I don't have a problem with Paralives. But I just don't understand the hype around it when all we see is just videos made the creator and not like some kinda demo being given out to other people. 🤷‍♀️
    832XG3D.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    Not sure what the hype is over a color wheel. Its pretty common in a lot of games. Wouldn't call that ground breaking. :*

Even S4 has it but for C&D since that had to be built from scratch snd there was actually more time to put that customization.

'Why doesn't S4 has (insert thing from other game)" probably the same answer for any question that comes up with that when you look back at the game when it was first shipped.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Paralives isn't general Sims 4 discussion. :D
    edited December 2019

Yeah, I know you were making a point but I was replying to So Money saying this thread is not a discussion about Paralives.

And my point stands. This is not a thread about Paralives; it’s a thread about TS4 lacking a feature that a similar game (by a one man development team) has been able to implement in its alpha phase. The discussion should be about how and why that is.

The people in here complaining about Paralives are the ones driving the discussion in that direction.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I never liked the colour wheel in TS3 so I can't say that it's really a selling point for me.
    edited December 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I never liked the colour wheel in TS3 so I can't say that it's really a selling point for me.

What’s not to like? It basically offers an endless array of colour options, for whatever scheme you want. In the long run it also saves the developers having to constantly add swatches.
    Sharonia wrote: »

What’s not to like? It basically offers an endless array of colour options, for whatever scheme you want. In the long run it also saves the developers having to constantly add swatches.

Exactly I was simply showing a point, but of course people think I am being off topic.
    edited December 2019

Yeah, I know you were making a point but I was replying to So Money saying this thread is not a discussion about Paralives.

And my point stands. This is not a thread about Paralives; it’s a thread about TS4 lacking a feature that a similar game (by a one man development team) has been able to implement in its alpha phase. The discussion should be about how and why that is.

The people in here complaining about Paralives are the ones driving the discussion in that direction.

Haha, sorry to go off topic. I just needed to get it off my chest. 😅

I mean yeah, sure. If we wanna talk about color wheels, here it is:

I would love there to be on in the game, especially for CAS. Still don't know why they can't implement it for just like sims' hair or eye color but they could do it for pets' fur. :\ I think they're just being lazy to change all the coding. I think they didn't really give a reason for it either... 😅🙄 The sad thing is that they CAN do it, but they just don't want to. 🤷‍♀️
    832XG3D.gif

I would love there to be on in the game, especially for CAS. Still don't know why they can't implement it for just like sims' hair or eye color but they could do it for pets' fur. :\ I think they're just being lazy to change all the coding. I think they didn't really give a reason for it either... 😅🙄 The sad thing is that they CAN do it, but they just don't want to. 🤷‍♀️

I think it must be the engine. They know it was a well-received addition to the series. I’m sure if they could have done it by now, they would have.

Nothing else makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top