Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you give your Sim children plastic surgery if they don't look pretty enough for you?

I know some players like their Sims to be perfect and I've seen even children been given bigger eyes, poutier lips and their bodies made skinnier etc. I've even seen this done on 100 baby challenge kids. I'd like to know how common it is.

Do you give your Sim children plastic surgery if they don't look pretty enough for you? 144 votes

Never, my Sim children are perfect the way they are.
31%
Simmervillexbecky685xTWSimGamer82Annie2008PlayerSinger2010Vibsemcruddelanorbretonhaneulilovejewel17Mariefoxprice83Tiipiigoodcakebaker62barracuda1574KalaniCoolduhboy2u2KhrisstyneceyricChampandGirlieLissyK9 46 votes
I only do it if they have features that bother me.
42%
auroraael14CK213bshag4lvMstybl95BlkBarbiegalColorist40NianaIsb917Mizz_TriceyIObelleWyrrenakaniki0Amj1995KaeChan2089MirichaCarminetaydevJACKIEJOYmordarlarTrowicia 61 votes
Yes, because I use custom content on them.
3%
BooDaBoo5munroelesofasimPhantasi33RobotBees 5 votes
Yes, I need all my Sims to be cute.
5%
BabykittyjadeCheiriPixieironknight35GordypopstarsleyEnnaelUniqueKhaossimsgames2324 8 votes
Yes, every time, they always look too hideous for me.
0%
zagboorules 1 vote
Other, please specify.
15%
Kita5399IceyJlisamwittDaemonPawsannaliese39EnkiSchmidtHermitgirlmusteniHopeyStarrddd994poltergeistNorthDakotaGamerKoteykaCupcakes4lifecitysimmerSERVERFRASimAlexandriaElaineenicoleenetney52llamasflu 23 votes

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Almost all of my Sims are cartoony Disney/Pixar characters so they have huge eyes. All of their kids are born with tiny eyes. I just don't understand that, but it forces me to have to fix their eyes. And then sometimes the kids are just hideous so I modify them to make them look less like Gollum and more like a human.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited December 2019
    I never do it. I've always loved to see how my Sims' children look like and how they will look like when they grow up. It's one of my favorite things in this game.
    Many times good looking parents can have children that don't inherit their parents good features. It never bothers me. I don't change their looks even when they grow up.

• LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I prefer to see how things play out with a family instead of making them all be perfect. Some of my most beautiful sims are ones that have been made through the game and not by me!!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    It has to really bother me for me to edit their features, though. I mean some of the more extremes of Vlad's nose/Chin inheritance levels of bothering me (not that I've had Vlad father a kid directly, but I do have one of his grandkids in my family tree). And even then, I just reduce the severity of the offending feature, rather than remove it completely.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I've only ever done it with game-generated sims. I would never do it with the children of premades or my own sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I used to do that when my sims' sons grew up to be pear shaped and that used to happen like everytime. It is not realistic that every male's body is pear shaped. It doesn't happen anymore so there is no reason for me to give my sims any plastic surgery :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Only if they're sporting some weird feature which is seldom the case lol
    // take me back to 2018.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    My sims rarely have kids to begin with, but if they age up with the no chin glitch or something that is otherwise outrageous, I will edit that slightly. I wouldn't edit them to make them look pretty, just to make them less freaky. I still want to preserve the parents genes the best I can.
    However, I do often make kids in cas through the genetics feature and I usually randomise until I get a decent looking kid. Which boils down to the same as I mentioned about born in game sims. I like to preserve the family genetics, but faces that are really off will be tweaked slightly.
    I never edit body weight though, then I'd just give the the right kind of ice cream in game ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other, please specify.
    I want to say never, but I did it once when my male sim looked like he was pregnant. All the clothes looked weird on him. So I tweaked his tummy area a bit. I could have probably picked the second option, but usually I get used to their weird features and on the face a lot can be done with just glasses or beard.

Edit: He was a teen. I understood the question as children in general, sims born in game. I see no point in editing children (lifestage) as they change so much when growing up.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other, please specify.
    I don't edit my children to look cuter or prettier (unless it's story-driven), but I do edit them for the sake of the storyline in my game. For example, sometimes in the story the kid is supposed to be chubby, but in the game he turns out skinny. It's very hard to get a skinny kid to be chubby in The Sims 4 naturally even if I feed him dozens of cupcakes because all of those features usually only start appearing when they age up into teenagers.
    I also tweak facial features to reflect their personality more. Eyes, eyebrows, mouth, all that kind of stuff. Believe me or not but it actually helps! I remember one time when my dad came in while I was editing a kid in the Sims. He immediately pointed out that the kid looks very sad, vulnerable and probably has a hard childhood. That was exactly what I was going for.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Only if they age up looking nothing like their parents, with no chin and creepy, overly large eyes.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I almost always ended up with good looking children, and their children after them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Other, please specify.
    yes, not because i need them all to be cute but rather i need them to look like their parents and sometimes they will come out chinless even though their parents have perfectly fine chins, or with puny noses even though most of my sims have big noses. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other, please specify.
    Depends what you mean by plastic surgery. I have changed the eye colour and hair styles and possible minor features such as eye brows at most. However this is only for the sims that have descended from my simself in my main save. Other sims I don’t mind changing as they are background sims.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other, please specify.
    I generally never mess with kid Sims' looks because it would ruin the surprise of how they'll grow up, and I want to see what their teen and adult selves will look like without my meddling. However, I voted "other" because there is one thing I will change that isn't looks, but it drives me bonkers when it happens: There is a certain voice that sometimes happens in kid sims, that I cannot S T A N D hearing. It makes me want to crawl out of my own skin. It's this extremely sassy, unpleasant voice and the kids affected talk in it all the time, not just when being sassy or teasing or whatnot. I couldn't be around a kid who sounded snide and jeering every second of every day.

So I change that if it happens, to alleviate the growing urge to end them.

About looks though, I had a Sim whose looks were negatively affected because he bore a genetic resemblance to his Reaper father that played out weirdly: he seemed to have inherited the coloration his dad must have had for whatever he would have been if he hadn't been a reaper (because the kid was light-skinned and ginger-haired, definitely didn't get that from the Goth side), but he got the strange, stylized face all Reapers have under their hoods if you change their clothes in CAS. So he grew up with the over-large, round eyes, delicate rounded features...kind of a baby-face with too-large eyes effect. It was strange, and impressive, and different. But not what anyone could call attractive. But I left it, because it reflected his unique heritage, and anyone can be stereotypically attractive, but not just anyone can be a Reaper/Normal Sim hybrid offspring.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited December 2019
    my sims have thin necks and smoll faces but for some reason the system keeps giving them thicc necks and huge heads anyways so I often change that just so they fit in with my other sims and look less freaky

also I often add jaw since they seem to miss that too

more than anything i just try to make them look more like their parents since game fails at it

not to make them super models tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't count changing hairstyles or make up (for teens and up) as plastic surgery. If so, I never do major body editing on kids. Townie adults, etc, are fair game. Most common would be editing weight and body types.

An adult child might get worked on if I really think it is needed and can't be fixed easily. It just depends.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't touch them usually until they age up and something is out of proportion.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other, please specify.
    I usually have an idea of how I want my sims to look, so I will play with genetics in CAS until I'm happy with the result. I will only change the body shape and hair and eye colour if needed as I like to keep the genetics (unless it is an adopted baby - then anything goes). If I want to play the baby stage I then use MCCC to copy/paste the sim I made in CAS onto the baby once it ages up to a toddler.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other, please specify.
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I usually wait until they are teens to see if they grow into normal looking features.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I always leave my sim children as they naturally are, but maybe if there was something about them that really bothered me I would change it when they became young adults, but never as children.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I need all my Sims to be cute.
    I play sims to escape reality. So I figured they mind as well all be cute. *shrugs*😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Have added chins, lower jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, enlarged eyes and moved them farther apart. But I usually wait for the teen or young adult stage. I also edit body shape.I cannot abide the pear shape. And I get rid of the slouched spine .
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I usually only do small edits on my Sims children, generally when it's a feature that bothers me. Sometimes Sim kids just look awkward and grow up to be pretty, so I don't edit them a lot.