Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly dates are over in 5 seconds? NE1 else?

Just tried to play, and had two dates, and in both cases, the date started, never showed any goals, and disappeared in about 5 seconds. Anyone else seeing this?
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    I haven't yet, but the first thing I always check after patching my game is to update any mods I have. Mods will cause all kinds of things to go wrong if they haven't been also updated, or the creator says all is good with their mod.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I was seeing something like this in one save when sims would invite my sim out to things like a festival. Both my sim and the sim that invited them would show up but after two seconds the other sim just disappears. I just started a new save but have only gone to one festival but no one disappeared that time.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I haven't yet, but the first thing I always check after patching my game is to update any mods I have. Mods will cause all kinds of things to go wrong if they haven't been also updated, or the creator says all is good with their mod.

I appreciate your bringing that up because it is the culprit most of the time. The weird thing is, is wasn't happening a few days ago, and I checked every single mod I use, right after the last update. And everything was fine til this particular play session. But maybe I didn't try a date, last time? If I have to, I will go to the work of removing all my mods, then adding them back one at a time again, and trying dates until they don't work anymore, so I know the culprit..hoping that works.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I was seeing something like this in one save when sims would invite my sim out to things like a festival. Both my sim and the sim that invited them would show up but after two seconds the other sim just disappears. I just started a new save but have only gone to one festival but no one disappeared that time.

I guess there's nothing to do but remove all my mods and add them back in one at a time and try the date with each new addition until I hit pay dirt. Hoping you find out what is happening at your events. I was just hoping this was an issue a bunch of other people were suddenly facing so it wouldn't be a mods issue necessarily.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    It's happened to me too, and I play with absolutely zero mods or CC so I think it's just a bug. One of the many I've had since DU.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2019
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    It's happened to me too, and I play with absolutely zero mods or CC so I think it's just a bug. One of the many I've had since DU.

Please post here then.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

And by the way in case anyone missed the patch added beach locations to places sims could go on a date if you have Island Living. That was missing at first.
    @catloverplayer thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    It happens to me too and I also do not use nods or cc.
    Update: it seems to have fixed itself with this latest patch, so I guess I don't care what caused it in the first place, it's resolved.

xicwqMCm.jpg