Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU: Aging on?

Hey all!

I’m playing through DU right now but turned aging off for a bit because I was worried uni would take over much of my Sim’s YA years...however, looking as she’ll be getting a level 8 career if she graduates in her distinguished degree with honors, I might consider turning it back on.

How about you guys? Do you turn off aging when your sims are at uni?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I turn aging off as I don’t like to get back to the real world and have dead Simmies or teens suddenly YAs.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    Yes, I am disabling! I didn't like to miss the whole phase of young adult studying at university.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've always played my sims with age off. The only time I eliminated my sims was when I played the black widow challenge. I made a very pretty curvy young woman & 6 very handsome muscular men. The men were brothers to each other. I gave all of them the player, carefree, shameless & flirty traits. Then I got the woman to fall in love with them & have 6 boyfriends at the sometime. The little vixen, lol. Then I got one of her boyfriends to propose & marry her. Once she was married I made a very small room with a pool, send the husband to go swim, deleted the door & move the wall closer to the pool so he wouldn't get out. It took a few days before Grim visited. I got one of my sims to release the spirit in the netherworld & deleted the tombstone. Had my remaining sims drink the moodlet potion. Then my vixen moved on to the next victim. I repeated this until she was on her last two. She became pregnant by one of the guys. So I waited until I knew which one was the father. She married the father of her 1st child. Then she finally became a black widow & is living happily ever after with the 6th guy with a second baby. PS: He lived.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'll be leaving aging off at university for the most part
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I play with aging off normally and I decide when to age them, sometimes I turn it on for a few days so townies age up. So yeah, turning it off for uni it’s a must for me.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I didn’t turn it off when I first played through but in the future I will. I had sims turn to elder in the dorms. I had them die while partying on campus. My own sim messed up 1 course and ended up doing 4 terms instead of 3 which meant she became an adult before graduating. If I were playing on long lifespan I’d leave it on I think.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I planned on turning off after doing the math of how long it’ll take a sim to get a degree, but I forgot and my sim’s mom died of old age and she was depressed for a week, making it really difficult to do any of her classes. I turned off aging right after!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nope, I play on long life span so this isn't an issue for me. Still, I leave aging on for the active household only.
  • taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    I always play with aging off, except for in my 100 baby challenge, and my Alphabet legacy haha
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've always played my sims with age off. The only time I eliminated my sims was when I played the black widow challenge. I made a very pretty curvy young woman & 6 very handsome muscular men. The men were brothers to each other. I gave all of them the player, carefree, shameless & flirty traits. Then I got the woman to fall in love with them & have 6 boyfriends at the sometime. The little vixen, lol. Then I got one of her boyfriends to propose & marry her. Once she was married I made a very small room with a pool, send the husband to go swim, deleted the door & move the wall closer to the pool so he wouldn't get out. It took a few days before Grim visited. I got one of my sims to release the spirit in the netherworld & deleted the tombstone. Had my remaining sims drink the moodlet potion. Then my vixen moved on to the next victim. I repeated this until she was on her last two. She became pregnant by one of the guys. So I waited until I knew which one was the father. She married the father of her 1st child. Then she finally became a black widow & is living happily ever after with the 6th guy with a second baby. PS: He lived.

Thats so cool. My only problem is that I always feel so sorry for them, when they are swimming desperately around. I just can't bare it :'( I should woman up, and practise killing sims :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Turned aging off yesterday, as my university Sim was about to become an adult and still needs 7 credits. I mostly play with aging on, since my main save is a legacy family, but I'll turn it off temporarily if I don't have enough time to complete something before a particular Sim ages up.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I’ve been playing with Long Lifespan and ageing on for Active Households so there hasn’t been an issue for me. There was a time where I had to quickly jump out my play to check on the family matriarch but she was fine.... until her daughter graduated.

She died shortly after the graduation ceremony which was devastating as I had intended for my Sim to return home with her Honors and diploma to show it to her mother. 😔 RIP Ophelia Lehman.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    I leave aging on and play with long lifespan, plus I'm tending to have my sims commute from home and work if they can, maybe even just not finish uni if their jobs conflict. Some of my sims will postpone working and enjoy more of university life but it's case by case for now.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I always play with aging on for the household I am currently playing but off for everything else and I use the long lifespan. But for university I think I will maybe turn aging off for some or even partially when I actively play my student, depending on how far they have already gone into their current lifespan as I plan on enrolling some of my old timers.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am leaving mine on simply because I play on the long life setting.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I play on Normal lifespan, so I turned aging off while my Sim went to college.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I didn’t turn it off when I first played through but in the future I will. I had sims turn to elder in the dorms. I had them die while partying on campus. My own sim messed up 1 course and ended up doing 4 terms instead of 3 which meant she became an adult before graduating. If I were playing on long lifespan I’d leave it on I think.

You may have just given me a reason to roll back a few saves and then turn aging off. I never stopped to think about them spending their youth at uni. :open_mouth: Since I've run into a snag that has me vexed, it just might be a reason to roll back.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I leave it on but then it's on long with 28 day seasons so they have time after.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I never messed with aging before and it didn't occur to me to change it. It was frustrating eating up all their young adulthood and the first few days of middle adulthood just to get through graduation.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I used aging on left my sims family in willow creek, after coming home my sims son is almost teen from toddler.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I generally turn aging off. I might let it run for a couple of days so that they aren't completely young when they graduate. They still have a lot ahead of them though.

Earning more over a longer period of time makes it an incentive to send them, but I still don't know how many sims I'd want to go through it with.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'm playing with aging on but I'm using the Long lifespan and plan on using either the Potion of Youth (aspiration rewards), Potion of Rejuvenation (spellcaster), or Potion of Immortality (spellcaster) as needed if Long lifespan isn't enough.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I always play with aging on until now. I turned it off for my Sim and her family so when she graduates her twin is not an elder. I have aging on for non-played Sims.
  • spanishprofanityspanishprofanity Posts: 1 New Member
    I play with a modified lifespan (1.5x of normal with MCCC) so my sims live ~140 days from the default 93~ but still turn aging off for university. It doesn't take 20 years to graduate in real life. I hope anyways lol
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2019
    I turn it off. I play on normal lifespan and also rotationally so there is no way for me to keep aging on while having a sim studying :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p