Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Is The Cost To Setup A Gaming Livestream on Youtube?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
I just want to ask how much is the cost to setup a Gaming Livestream on Youtube like what other gamers like The Sims Supply, Claire Siobhan, Deligracy did? They have a video of themselves while on their background on their side is a screen capture of their gaming and the usual Youtube title is Let's Play The Sims 4!

Comments

• bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Please I need your help...
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't stream myself, but I used to work for a company that develops recording/streaming software, so I've had some contact with the culture.

Some streamers have a separate computer to stream and another one to play games on, because streaming eats up a lot of CPU power (which can also be offloaded somewhat to your GPU.) Some streamers usually list their hardware on their page on Twitch or so, so you can get an estimate. For example, you can look at James Turner's setup on his homepage: https://jamesturner.yt/ Looking at his page, it seems like he only uses one computer, but the hardware is very powerful (he uses an i9 and an NVIDIA TITAN.)

You can also get professional lighting and video recording equipment, but I don't recommend doing this until you're sure you're committed to doing this, and when you already have a small following.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?