Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Else Love Spooky Stuff?

Seriously. I ADORE Spooky Stuff, more than I probably should. It has a very nice pair of shoes that I can use often, even if they're supposed to be part of a costume, the wallpaper and flooring is wonderful for my favorite sim that I have right now, Moon Stone-Collette (and will be for many sims after her), and Halloween was a large part of my childhood so after I got Seasons it was really a must so that I could have a proper Halloween (or Spooky Day) experience. Anybody else? I feel like this is a largely underrated pack, personally.
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I use a lot of things from this pack. The candy bowl, hand sconces, table, chair, sofa with the torn cloths on them, the costumes and etc. I use the starwars costumes too. I love the fantasy/sci-fi stuff so I'm always wanting more.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes! That's my favorite stuff pack! I made a spooky bowling alley and a haunted house night club and my sims use them year-round. I have a couple vampires in my legacy family so it's spooky time all the time! :D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited November 2019
    When I first got this pack, I thought it was too "cutsie". Without Seasons, I could never get into it. There was no feeling of Halloween. I couldn't fake it even though Halloween is my favorite holiday. I did enjoy the Pumpkin Carving Station from the beginning though.
    I felt the same way about the Holiday Celebration pack.

After Seasons, it was on! All of my households celebrate these two holidays and I wouldn't want to be without these packs.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Spooky Stuff is a handy pack to have for the CAS costumes, some of the BB is great and a little creepy (I’m thinking of the couches with sheets over them - but the realistic sheet-color swatch is the most useful - don’t get me started on the covered couches with ghost faces...smh) Thank EA for Vampires - there’s a ton of much creepier stuff there. I wish spooky stuff had stuff like Ouija boards and a psychic freelance career... I don’t want to get political but #VoteForHappyHaunts
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Spooky Stuff is a handy pack to have for the CAS costumes, some of the BB is great and a little creepy (I’m thinking of the couches with sheets over them - but the realistic sheet-color swatch is the most useful - don’t get me started on the covered couches with ghost faces...smh) Thank EA for Vampires - there’s a ton of much creepier stuff there. I wish spooky stuff had stuff like Ouija boards and a psychic freelance career... I don’t want to get political but #VoteForHappyHaunts

Haha, agreed. Happy Haunts sounds like the obvious choice. I like the sound of the Grim Reaper Freelancer Career the most, but I wouldn't mind any of the other stuff included.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Spooky Stuff is decent pack now that we have Seasons and holidays before that I cant say I got any real use out of it. I just wish they would add a costume category in CAS so that all the costumes added could fit the style of our Sims for parties.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I use the costumes quite often, especially for my 'creative' teens.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »

Haha, agreed. Happy Haunts sounds like the obvious choice. I like the sound of the Grim Reaper Freelancer Career the most, but I wouldn't mind any of the other stuff included.

My hope is for the tarot career or the ouija boards to win, but I'd be really happy if anything from the Happy Haunts category won the gameplay focus! They all sound really fun! I hope Happy Haunts wins so bad!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Spooky actually grew on me now that there are Seasons. I use it each autumn in game. I've also baked that zombie cake for a few birthdays and I've had sims carve pumpkins in different colors more than you would think. I like setting the theme around Halloween. Different households engage with it to varying degrees but they all have fun.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I've played Seasons without Spooky Stuff for about a year, and it adds a lot to the Halloween theme. I use a lot of items from it. I do wish that some of the stuff in that pack came with Seasons, but this is one stuff pack that I've gotten a lot of use from.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I use a lot of the bb stuff from the pack and some cas items. I think it’s an ok stuff pack and feel it’s underrated.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I like it as much as anyone, but I don't obsess over it :) I feel the game should have a balanced selection of themes, then we can each choose what to focus on in our game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I literally use something from this stuff pack in every household I play. It's one of my top favorite stuff packs.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Love, no. Frequently use the CAS items, sometimes the bb depending on the item & story theme. Admit to thinking of doing a house with sim that weighs heavily on it for a change from the usual, but no decision yet.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love Spooky Stuff. I use it all the time for my Spellcaster & Vampire households. As well as, my Historic households.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i like it with seasons :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I used to like it a lot before we got any other supernatural packs. Nowadays I mostly use some tights from it. Other things I like are spooky party and the pumpkin carving station.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019
    I recently got it when it went on sale. It did not interest me as much as other packs, which is why it took me so long to buy it. I don't think I've even used it once yet. I'm sure I will eventually.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like it because it fits in with Spooky Day for seasons.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'll admit - I bought it for the pirate costumes.

But I have used much of it for decorating for Fright Fest (my Sims Halloween), so no regrets.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't celebrate Halloween and dislike dark occult stuff so I thought I'd hate the pack but I use it a lot for the cas as I have a fairy tale save with kings and pirates and princesses etc and the costumes work really well for it haha
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'll admit - I bought it for the pirate costumes.

Lmao me too actually :D It didn’t really get used much until Seasons though. I never had much reason to use all the objects til then. I’ve found some of the costumes also came in useful for my actors when GF came out.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Spooky is my favorite! I love Halloween and almost always have a lot dedicated to it with the decor. I also have used most of the costumes to fill in the gaps of fantastical play. I have fairies in Willow Creek, pirates in Sulani, Colonial seafarers in Brindleton Bay, and godly avatars wandering around.

SUCH a great pack! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's one of my favorite stuff packs! My sims live in pretty run down buildings, so the tattered curtains and tattered sheet covered couches/tables work really well in that setting. The scuffed up floors and walls are perfect for it, too. Now that we have spellcasters, I've taken to making my own fairies by putting the fairy costume on certain spellcasters. LOL It's a janky fix, but hey, whatever a simmer has to do to acquire more occult diversity. hahaha

Edit: Oh, and I always have at least one sim in the Cosplay club, so the costumes come in handy for those gatherings, too!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love Spooky Stuff, it goes so perfect with Vampires & Spellcasters. And the Costumes goes perfectly with the Costumes in Get Famous.