Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difference between Mechanical and Computer Engineer?

Anyone know what the difference between Mechanical Engineer branch and the Computer Engineer branch of the Engineer career is?

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Following because honestly, what’s the difference (in game wise).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    All I know is one of them rewards the iron man suit. I don't know which, though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2019
    Job Paths for the Engineering Career, if that helps, with * showing what a degree can start you at:

Engineering Career
    1 Support Technician
    2 Engineering Intern
    3 Apprentice of Algorithms
    4 Cog in the Machine
    5 Engineering Technician
    6 Expert Engineer

Computer Engineer Branch
    degree: Computer Science
    *7 Constructor of Computers
    *8 Processor of Processors
    9 Computer Connoisseur
    10 PC Prodigy

Mechanical Engineer Branch
    degree: Physics
    *7 Maker of Mechanics
    *8 Artisan of Apparatuses
    9 Mechanical Genius
    10 Master of Machines

I didn't write down the different salaries and tasks and rewards, but it might help show some of the difference in focus.

Early access courtesy of the EA Game Changers program
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jan64XJan64X Posts: 1 New Member
    What if i allready got computer engineer and want to switch to mechanical engineer (even by using cheats)? Please and thanks!
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Skill requirements, daily tasks, work schedules, and career rewards.

Mechanical Engineer focuses on Robotics (to level 10) and Handiness (to level 7), Computer Engineer focuses on Robotics (to level 10) and Programming (to level 7).
    Mechanical Engineer has to make Mechanisms, Computer Engineer has to make Computer Chips.
    Mechanical Engineer unlocks the ExoMech Suit at level 8 and ExoMech Helmet at level 9. Computer Engineer unlocks the Computer Glasses at level 9.

Carl's Sims 4 Guide is a good place to look for information like this.

You can switch branches by completing the appropriate university degree. Physics for Mechanical Engineer, Computer Science for Computer Engineer.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Jan64X wrote: »
    What if i allready got computer engineer and want to switch to mechanical engineer (even by using cheats)? Please and thanks!

As far as I know getting the corresponding degree as mentioned above is the only way to switch career branches in a game without mods.
    The only other option I know is a mod: mccc. It has an option to reset the branch so you can choose again.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wait! So you mean that my Sim, who I accidentally chose the wrong career path can, if finishing the appropriate degree, switch to her desired career path?!
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Wait! So you mean that my Sim, who I accidentally chose the wrong career path can, if finishing the appropriate degree, switch to her desired career path?!

Yes
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Yes

Oh! If only I had known that before enrolling her. She is on the history degree now but knowing this, I am thinking of having her change a degree. She is only on her 2nd term and may probably have to begin anew with her course credit points but will be worth it. This is great news.