Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Degree career boosts are quite high! Thoughts?

2...Next

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think the boost for the distinguished degrees is great! However, I wish the boost for the non distinguished ones was lower. I mean, it seems quite hard to be accepted at a distinguished degree, and the difference to a normal one's boost is not that big (only 1 career level). But I'm not complaining.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Im glad the degree makes sense. I mean, when you study for management, you can easily apply for a CEO job. It would have been nice if sims would not always necessarily get those jobs due to no available jobs at the moment or not enough experience.

I wish that this EP would have worked on sims applying for jobs and having to wait for a function to open. So much more for realism!
    But yeah, I think these boosts in careers are good, but I would LOVE for my sims to first get some experience to become a level 7 or 8 in most high ranked jobs and not always just through a degree.

• ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I rarely get my sims to the top, so I'm happy about it. Literally all my sims end up making it to like level 3 or 4 of they are lucky and then hit elder age. Very boring. I agree about the difference though. A regular degree should get you to like level 5. A distinguished degree should get you to like 7/8.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I wish normal degrees started at 4 and distinguished started at 8. That would make them more worthwhile in my opinion.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'm personally glad they give such a high boost. Considering that getting an A in high school already takes you to level 3, I feel like they needed to be high in order for it to feel worthwhile to go. Other than for the experience, of course. :)