Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Julia

A lot of people seem to love Julia, and I get why, seeing as she's basically the pack's mascot, but for some reason, she gets on my nerves. Does anyone else feel this way? I also felt this way with Penny Pizazz when City Living was released. I just feel like that kind of personality that she has is... well... annoying. Like, she seems a bit self-absorbed, like one of those people who's constantly oversharing and telling hour-long stories. I also feel like, when creating her, EA was trying to represent the stereotypical "Gen Z" girl, but as a Gen Z myself, I can confirm that, not only is that not how most of us act, but it's also highly annoying. I'm just gonna put it out there... if she was a real person, she'd probably be a VSCO girl. I'm sorry if this causes conflict; I just hope someone agrees with me on this.

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I love her. My sim is currently dating the conspiracy theory guy but once I get DU (when it‘s 50% off) I‘ll have her leave him for Julia.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    She's a pretty enough Sim but I haven't really gone into a lot of thought about this. She'll get the personality I give her anyway in my head, and if she's too annoying there's always death by delete or I'll marry her off to Gavin Richards until she learns to behave herself. (That is the ultimate punishment in my game)
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I was so confused by this thread title because my name is Julia.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I was so confused by this thread title because my name is Julia.

I apologize for the confusion.
    And, FYI, there are plenty of white sims that I also find annoying, like the Landgraabs, Eliza Pancakes, Caleb Vatore, Baby Ariel, and that yellow-sweater lady named Alex, just to name a few.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    In the first trailer I liked that she helped her roommate when she was down. But in the gameplay trailer it made her look like she had no idea what she was doing Switching dorms, losing her scholarship and slacking. I only didn’t like her there because I don’t like slackers in general. But she started taking it seriously so I don’t mind her now
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    She's a gorgeous sim. I think I'm going to get her and her best female friend romantically involved and prehaps married.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Her personality/how it was showed in the gameplay trailer got on my nerves too. But I have no plans killing her (yet), all kind of annoying sims are welcome to my game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I mean yeah if I went to uni with her we probably would not be friends
    nothing to do with race though I like that we have diverse sims
    just that her personality is bit iffy

but maybe that is because whoever made her speech was tryna be cool and hip
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I love her. I wanted to play with her character since the first trailer, but she's already in University. She's definitely going to be a part of my game play, most likely a girlfriend for one of my young males.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I adore Julia as a sim, because I can fit a personality like hers in my gameplay. She'll seemlessly blend in with some of my teens and younger adults. In real life I do not think we would have much in common.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hated the #relatable stuff they went with, but she seemed pretty cool outside of that. She also has a deep story and concrete personality, so she's got more going on for her than most sims.

Hate her hairstyle, though. I keep getting flashbacks to when you'd see it on pre-teen girls in the '90's.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    back in my day (lol) the cool thing to hate on was Basic B's
    I see times have changed and it is now the VSCO girl
    but i also see times haven't changed in the sense that everyone still thinks they're vastly different from whatever stereotype of their generation they're trying to hate on
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Judy reminds me a lot about Penny Pizazz.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think that Julia seems like any other young person in college from any cohort or demographic -- alternately confident, insecure, determined, listless, focused, scattered, responsible and careless. She seems just like any other number of young people trying to make it through a system that forces them to determine what they want to do for the rest of their life at age 17. The writers did a good job on that trailer.
    I'm really sorry for any misunderstandings I caused. I often have problems wording things because my thoughts are in my brain's unique language (which is more similar to Python than a spoken language) rather than English, so there are often a few "translation errors", which people often get offended over.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    but i also see times haven't changed in the sense that everyone still thinks they're vastly different from whatever stereotype of their generation they're trying to hate on

Oh yeah! Well I'm so out of date and irrelevant that I dont understand what these 'VSCO' girls are. They are trendy and drink out of water bottles or something? Their the new brand of 'preppy' girls?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2019
    Melmack wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

Oh yeah! Well I'm so out of date and irrelevant that I dont understand what these 'VSCO' girls are. They are trendy and drink out of water bottles or something? Their the new brand of 'preppy' girls?

lol exactly, and I had forgotten about preps. It really seems like there's a new version of this concept every 10 years or so
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited November 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    Brave of you to come on this forum and boldly say to our face you can't relate to black girl premades though.
    I think it’s unfair to drag her race into this. Not everything is about race.

It’s about race because the only two sims he/she mentioned that were annoying were both black. Next time I would have added more of the Sims they added later....
    The OP made a detailed description of why, it had no mention of race or even any racial stereotypes, and to accuse someone of racism without cause like that is just nonsense.

Some people will yell racist over any little thing. I've even seen someone call another person (on this forum) a racist because they didn't like a certain hairstyle in the game... It's ridiculous.

Did anyone say anyone was racist? No....I personally was responding to someone about what was said in another comment. Next time better wording is key...and they even said that they were worried about their wording..

You didn't come out and say it, but it sure sounded like that's what you were hinting at. Anyways, I've already said what I wanted to. This thread is getting derailed, so I'll leave it at that.
    He/Him
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Brave of you to come on this forum and boldly say to our face you can't relate to black girl premades though.
    I think it’s unfair to drag her race into this. Not everything is about race.

It’s about race because the only two sims he/she mentioned that were annoying were both black. Next time I would have added more of the Sims they added later....
    The OP made a detailed description of why, it had no mention of race or even any racial stereotypes, and to accuse someone of racism without cause like that is just nonsense.

Some people will yell racist over any little thing. I've even seen someone call another person (on this forum) a racist because they didn't like a certain hairstyle in the game... It's ridiculous.

Did anyone say anyone was racist? No....I personally was responding to someone about what was said in another comment. Next time better wording is key...and they even said that they were worried about their wording..

You didn't come out and say it, but it sure sounded like that's what you were hinting at. Anyways, I've already said what I wanted to. This thread is getting derailed, so I'll leave it at that.

You should get new speakers 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I did not have a strong opinion either way. I promise I'm not that old but I don't remember her that much from the livestream and I don't know what a VSCO person is. I hesitate to say "VSCO girl" though. If we get elders knitting in the new SP, I promise that it won't be making my simself.

Generally to be annoyed, I need to be playing a sim. More likely, I'm bored and they get consigned to being unplayable but then they run into one of my other sims so I play them for a while again.

I don't usually like the evil and materialistic sims unless they are so bad that they are good. Then it's time to get out the popcorn ...
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I like her because she has a lighthearted and kind attitude. She helped her friend who was crying and she stays positive throughout a bunch of stress. As someone with depression and anxiety, I like happy go lucky and self assured sims because they cheer me up. It's more "escapist" to play someone different than me. I do love a good Gloomy sim though! (Looking at you Bob, you great sim you!)

Also, she's freakin' gorgeous and has great style. I wish I had the confidence for that outfit she wears! I also love that they made her a little curvy, I think she's one of the prettiest sims in the game :)<3

As for the VSCO girl thing, i think it's pretty silly but I'm not a big social media person anyway. I just avoid trends and view people as people :)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't like/dislike her cause I haven't even played the game yet?

It's interesting how EA has been making specific Sims the main characters of packs, like Julia in DU, and Morgyn in RoM. And it's even more interesting how people tend to be obsessed with them or hate them. And before even playing the game lol
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    I apologize already , but when (at sale) I get the pack, she is most likely to be having the same faith than Morgyn would of have, (if I ever get that pack, not still sure yet)

Do not look if you love Morgyn and Julia :)
    I delete them... *evil laugh*
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Apparently I'm old enough (also from other country) so I have to google VSCO girl. And I tend to agree. At least the "gameplay" trailer made Julia look like this. I'd say it's more the trailer itself and the tone/themes it uses that annoy me... A lot. Also as a foreigner I had a hard time to follow trailer narrative. At first I thought it's just my English but later I saw people mentioning it's the manner of speech in the trailer. I'm not a fan of that direction. Not a good sign for sandboxy game to become a "niche" one...

Anyways I'm just deleting each and every premade in my game. No discrimination.