Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Thank you so much for this thread!!!
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited November 2019
    ktg wrote: »
    Hiya! Wondering if anyone can help! I’ve removed all my mods folder and my lots still aren’t loading or letting me play - they’re stuck on the flashing blue square if you hover over the lot. I know there are broken mods, but Cos I’ve removed all of them and still having the issue I don’t know what else could be wrong !!
    Pls help me

My game is being super annoying too. Try taking the Sims 4 file out of Electronic Arts folder (only after moving your Mods, Saves, and Tray folders
    to a safe place as well as “options.ini”) and then starting the game to make a fresh folder, repairing the game through origin and restarting your computer. Then delete the new Mods and all the other folders you backed up and put in your backed up files.
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2019
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @luthienrising Hi, do you know if anyone has reported issues with their careers after patching? I haven't patched yet because I use most of Midnitetech's careers and I didn't see anything about needing an update from her. I know that Neia's career tool needs to be updated, but not sure if it will impact the careers. Thanks.
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @luthienrising Hi, do you know if anyone has reported issues with their careers after patching? I haven't patched yet because I use most of Midnitetech's careers and I didn't see anything about needing an update from her. I know that Neia's career tool needs to be updated, but not sure if it will impact the careers. Thanks.

Careers are all broken. It's noted on p. 1. I'm not sure *what's* broken about them -- often it's just one aspect, like getting promoted or time off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »

Careers are all broken. It's noted on p. 1. I'm not sure *what's* broken about them -- often it's just one aspect, like getting promoted or time off.

Okay, thanks. I will just wait until I hear anything from Midnitetech either on her tumblr or Patreon.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    the mc hotfix is broken the one just posted is new one coming soon
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Thank you so much for this thread @luthienrising - and for continuing to do this for the community. Every. Time. There is a patch. I know when we use CC, its up to all of us to keep it all straight, but you really make the task less daunting. Especially for us Mod and CC addicts, who have more than we can count on both hands! :D Does anyone else come here to see if their mods are broken; then grab the update, and then grab the new mods that were updated that they didn't have before?? Or just me. LOL.

Still working on getting my game up and running! .. but this thread has at least given me hints on what I should look into! Thanks again:)
    heh i have about 1500 mods and get more when i surf the net
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2019
    bandit5 wrote: »
    heh i have about 1500 mods and get more when i surf the net

WOW. Just mods or that is CC ?? Currently, I have 31 mods in my game currently. I have 10 Gb + of CC though. (15,362 individual pieces :open_mouth: LOL. Its taken me all day today and all day yesterday to go through only 25% of my folders in my Mods folder. ROFL. I'm going to be working really hard to hopefully get have it ready by Friday though !! .. the sad thing though? I'm seeing all these updates, and then just grab more stuff !! LOLL

(I had an issue with CAS lagging and lagging, and not closing, and then my game froze and crashed.) - I think it was the eyelashes.. (hoping) I'm still working on testing though, so Idk.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited November 2019
    Parvati wrote: »
    I did the Origin update and the MCComand center 6.6.1 but my game is a bit of a mess now, simology and career are not showing up right and cant buy books or travel
    Screenshot%20-%2011_12_2019%20%206_49_55%20PM_ver001_zpshpmqtmec.pngScreenshot%20-%2011_12_2019%20%206_49_47%20PM_ver001_zps7leycedm.pngScreenshot%20-%2011_12_2019%20%206_50_18%20PM_ver001_zpsseytzlu6.png result trying to buy books,travel and change outfitsScreenshot%20-%2011_12_2019%20%206_50_24%20PM_ver001_zpszt3agcft.png

I'm having a similar problem to this person. I can't purchase items or leave my house since all pop-up menus just greet me with a pink circle. Does anyone know what mod is causing this? I'd research it myself, but I just spent all day testing my game for crashing. (It was the Sorcerer mod and Neil's mods causing it -.-)

EDIT: And just as I post this, I see it was UI Cheats. Heh.
    My old mod folder that has cc and mods is 1.4 giga bytes i have not tested all in the old mods folder if all is in mods it crashes game
  • CeCeStarrxCeCeStarrx Posts: 7 New Member
    T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi is broken.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    AOM (orangemittens) mod 'CC Wrench Icon Hider' is NOT working at this moment, causes UI glitches.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Thanks @CeCeStarrx -- that makes two reports on that one, so going ahead and listing it -- and @AquaGamer1212 ! For wrench mods, there's an alternative one on Updated right now you might want to try while you're waiting. Not surprised to see another UI mod down.

Broken Mods
    • CC Wrench Icon Hider (AOM)
    • T.O.O.L. (TwistedMexi)
  • littleduckgaminglittleduckgaming Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks for the updates! Can confirm that AOM's wrench icon hider is broken at the moment, causing pretty significant UI glitches. I specifically use the fourth version (catalog cc dot, blank swatch). Additionally, I'd like to report that my Invisibaby (similar to the OMSP shelf) is working fine with the current patch! -ajduckie
    Thanks @littleduckgaming !

Confirmed Fine by
    • ajduckie: Invisibaby
  • CeCeStarrxCeCeStarrx Posts: 7 New Member
    T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi is broken for me anyway. Not sure about anyone else.
    CeCeStarrx wrote: »
    T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi is broken for me anyway. Not sure about anyone else.

I'm considering it confirmed now :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Do we know what's the problem with the CC traits? or should I go ask on Twitter or Sims studio where they might have a better idea?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @MadameLee I'd ask around on Twitter or on the creator's forum/discord. It might be quicker for finding the answers you're looking for. Good luck. There are many mods affected by this update. :)
    @Paigeisin5 what if you don't know where some traits came from? Or what if the creator has 'retired' from modding how do we update those ones? I'm not a modder and I have no idea how they create the traits originally. I know or at least I believe the newer traits been made with help of Zerbu's mod.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RacroesRacroesRacroesRacroes Posts: 5 New Member
    My game keeps crashing. It loads fine when it comes to loading build mode and CAS, but it crashes whenever I try to just play the game in live mode.
    My game keeps crashing. It loads fine when it comes to loading build mode and CAS, but it crashes whenever I try to just play the game in live mode.

@RacroesRacroes check the first page to see if you have any of the broken mods. Then check to see if any of those mods been updated also on 1st page
    6adMCGP.gif
  • christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2019
    The following CC from peacemaker are causing CRASH on lot load. If you have any of these objects in your build your game will crash while trying to load the lot. All of them are bookcases.

Also...
    • The showers and tubs from Serenity bathroom and Hamptons Getway sets. if they are placed on the lot the may not display interactions. No new instances can be placed on the lot (they vanish). This is the same issue that affects any other shower and tubs and it is due to the new whoohoo interaction that will be added with Discover University.
    • Apparently some beds are broken too. I haven't found issues with their CC beds but there were reports about problems (https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/189050425499/list-of-broken-cc-pre-uni-patch)