Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will other sims I'm not controlling automatically go to the university?

2...Next

Comments

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I think someone said if you made a household of young adults, enrolled them all, and then marked them as unplayed, they would be the students turning up on campus.

So theoretically if you made enough students yourself, no one would be grabbed from the neighbourhood? The same as spellcasters?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    @calaprfy as long as they stay in the Other Households bin and you don't play them, then yes, they should (according to what the gurus said) eventually graduate and move on.

So everyone’s household bins will be filled with well educated spellcasters lol?

Half of them with the celebrity glow too ;) And the occasional vampire.

Kidding aside, the game does generate new townies for dorms and they will end up with degrees, plus pulls in some of the existing YA townies into uni. But ultimately yes, a lot of Sims with degrees of questionable (read: average) quality if you play in the Uni world a lot.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    As far as I remember, the Gurus mentioned that the game won't pull in existing unplayed families (so no random Nancy Landgraab being a student in Britechester) but generate new ones when you're in dorms/on campus.

If you want more control over SIms that show up in the unis, you can create households, enroll them in University, then set them to unplayed and they will continue attending university (and graduate eventually if you have aging on).

@darrenfroggy .. I have been looking for this answer because I plan to enroll so many households in University and dorms so I see my friends there and their girlfriends. I hope this works because I really want to see all of my Sims I've spent time creating at University. I can't stand random townies. Does "set them to unplayed" mean I'm not playing them? Can they still be marked as a favorite?

Marking them favorite moves them from the Other Households to My Households, so they're no longer considered unplayed, I think. I'm not quite sure how the uni progression will work then (if they're active households, their progress through university might not be automatic, you might need to check in on them and enroll them into classes at the end of each term.

We'll have to wait until the pack is out, I guess, to get all the details and options for the way it's set up.

Nono, that's not how marking them as favorited works. That just means they're protected from the game culling them should your save exceed the max limit for Sims in the world (I don't quite know the max off the top of my head, but it was around 750 last time anyone checked). Unplayed households you still marked as favorited will still be considered unplayed, just protected from any culling. For example, when I first got RoM, it pulled in some Sims of mine from favorited, yet unplayed households to be casters.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    As far as I remember, the Gurus mentioned that the game won't pull in existing unplayed families (so no random Nancy Landgraab being a student in Britechester) but generate new ones when you're in dorms/on campus.

If you want more control over SIms that show up in the unis, you can create households, enroll them in University, then set them to unplayed and they will continue attending university (and graduate eventually if you have aging on).

@darrenfroggy .. I have been looking for this answer because I plan to enroll so many households in University and dorms so I see my friends there and their girlfriends. I hope this works because I really want to see all of my Sims I've spent time creating at University. I can't stand random townies. Does "set them to unplayed" mean I'm not playing them? Can they still be marked as a favorite?

Marking them favorite moves them from the Other Households to My Households, so they're no longer considered unplayed, I think. I'm not quite sure how the uni progression will work then (if they're active households, their progress through university might not be automatic, you might need to check in on them and enroll them into classes at the end of each term.

We'll have to wait until the pack is out, I guess, to get all the details and options for the way it's set up.

Nono, that's not how marking them as favorited works. That just means they're protected from the game culling them should your save exceed the max limit for Sims in the world (I don't quite know the max off the top of my head, but it was around 750 last time anyone checked). Unplayed households you still marked as favorited will still be considered unplayed, just protected from any culling. For example, when I first got RoM, it pulled in some Sims of mine from favorited, yet unplayed households to be casters.

Ah, my bad. Can you tell I don't use the household part of the game a lot? lol

I do know that you can set the max Sims limit though, if that's what that setting really is for. Now I'm not so sure about anything anymore. ;)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I do know that you can set the max Sims limit though, if that's what that setting really is for. Now I'm not so sure about anything anymore. ;)

No, that one is to set the max amount of favorited Sims to add to your households; the max Sim limit is global, counting each Sim throughout the entire save that has been generated or created, played and unplayed. I think at one point they no longer counted ghosts into the max count, but it remains to be certain the current status of them now. :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

No, that one is to set the max amount of favorited Sims to add to your households; the max Sim limit is global, counting each Sim throughout the entire save that has been generated or created, played and unplayed. I think at one point they no longer counted ghosts into the max count, but it remains to be certain the current status of them now. :p

ugh, that whole part of the game is way too confusing for me. or rather, it's just complicated enough that i don't feel like diving into figuring it out, since my laptop wouldn't manage anything anywhere near those numbers anyway lol

Thank you for explaining it though, much appreciated!