Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items you can bring to Uni

Ok So, I was initially kind of bummed that we can't edit the dorm rooms, but I've found solice in considering all the items that can be dragged into my sims inventory. I'm hopeful that when my sim goes to university she can bring those items out of her inventory and decorate her dorm room to make it unique. I tried to google for a complete list of draggable items in the sims 4, but couldn't find one that lists everything. I've found cameras, coolers, incense from spa day, the future cube, the night owl toy light, journals, all of the objects that you can buy from the stands in outdoor retreat( campfires), island living (such a beach towels), and strangerville decor items, flea market bubbles. I'm not sure about all the decor items because there are so many, but I noticed that a lot of wall posters are not draggable. I also saw from the ea game changers previews of items that the universities sell at stands that the selection doesn't seem to include everything. I hope they add to it, because not letting people edit the dorms like they are apartments feels like a big choice to make. Having all the possible items for sale at university would be useful.

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well they did say they made a few more items draggable to inventory now with the new pack, like the microwaves which we couldn't do before. I'm sure they'll add more draggable items then that surely in the patch, right? Though I've been surprisingly disappointed before.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    I often wish there was a sort method for items that can be dragged into the personal inventory. Like a filter in bb mode.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    @BooBooKittie a list would be great. Your post has got me thinking I might have my sim make some paintings to take with her.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I'm gonna sneak a stove in the dorm... you just watch!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like that you can't have stoves in dorms. Makes the game more challenging.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »

:p

That's doable if we had easy-bake ovens
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Potential gameplay (or mod) idea: hot plate that Sims can try to sneak in & get kicked out if they get caught. ;)
    Which gives me so many college flashbacks...

Potential gameplay (or mod) idea: hot plate that Sims can try to sneak in & get kicked out if they get caught. ;)
    Which gives me so many college flashbacks...

They got those induction cooktops now, perfectly portable if you ask me ;)
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

Finally, a use for the cupcake machine! (And the ice cream maker, popcorn maker and cauldron).
    Thetford wrote: »

Finally, a use for the cupcake machine! (And the ice cream maker, popcorn maker and cauldron).

Popcorn maker only works if a juiced sim forgets how to make it at 2 in the morning and has to evacuate the entire dorm.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

The SimGurus said you can't have stoves on dorms and if you try to place one down, it will make the lot invalid, but there's a work around and you can simply build a cafeteria with that new cafeteria station where your sims can get food.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited November 2019
    I feel like there is no need to have even microwave ovens in dorms because of the game play video I watched yesterday. The other students brought so much food to the dorm that it was almost ridiculous. There seemed to be something for everyone, someone even brought lobster, which was funny, and there were heart cookies too.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I feel like there is no need to have even microwave ovens in dorms because of the game play video I watched yesterday. The other students brought so much food to the dorm that it was almost ridiculous. There seemed to be something for everyone, someone even brought lobster, which was funny, and there were heart cookies too.

I’m looking forward to that very much 😈
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Me too.

It throws me right back into college and Sunday evening "what did you bring" exchanges when everyone came back from home with bags of food lol
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Me too.

It throws me right back into college and Sunday evening "what did you bring" exchanges when everyone came back from home with bags of food lol

Back at my first college, I was in the Culinary living learning community dorm and we were always cooking, which brought people from other floors always trying to eat 😂😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Holiday items will work eg the base game Christmas Tree and the Season Christmas Tree.
    All of the City Living posters that you find in San Myshuno work too. l had my one sim load up on those last night.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    At first I was annoyed you couldn't access buildbuy in university housing but actually it's quite cute now I've thought about it, like packing to go away to college.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I tried to google for a complete list of draggable items in the sims 4, but couldn't find one that lists everything.

I tried to make a list. It contains most items up to strangerville. I won't say it is complete but it can still help. I particularly like the portable radio.

portable objects