Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wonder what's coming Tuesday?

Sims Guru Frost says over on Twitter we have more stuff coming Tuesday at 11 a.m. pt. This is a good week that coming!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is first weekend(I think) that SimGurus say some! This is (perhaps, I think) that livestrem and DU (I rofl every time, when I read or write DU - because DU is short for
    School homework in my country) is si bad! They must pull rabbit from hat!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    The Maxis Monthly is Tuesday. There is something coming in the Update that has them excited. I'm wondering if it could be the oceans and lakes in all the worlds being swimmable because Britechester is coming with a swimmable lake. Prehaps it's bikes.

Frost has said that what isn't coming is cars and updated babies. Those are ruled out.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing sadly* I guess hip hop radio station which was first came out in Get Famous starting from 2018-2019
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    *sighing sadly* I guess hip hop radio station which was first came out in Get Famous starting from 2018-2019

I hope not. If only because they could add both Show Tunes and Arena Rock channels packed with simlish versions of all my favorites and I still wouldn't find that worth getting that excited over. It would have to be a fully licensed Simlish version of Hamilton performed by sims versions of the Original Broadway cast - and a venue to watch it -before I wouldn't be disappointing in the "something exciting" being music related.

More likely it's the accessibility options that has them excited.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Whatever it is, it probably has to do with that tweet of the sim lying on their chest.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    The Maxis Monthly is Tuesday. There is something coming in the Update that has them excited. I'm wondering if it could be the oceans and lakes in all the worlds being swimmable because Britechester is coming with a swimmable lake. Prehaps it's bikes.

Frost has said that what isn't coming is cars and updated babies. Those are ruled out.

I would be so excited if that was the case, finally there would be a reason to go to the beaches in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg aside from fishing.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @SimGuruNinja has pretty much confirmed that this isn't coming with the pack so what could this be?

y'all got bread?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

Correction

Britechester comes with 2 swimmable lakes one in Britechester and one in the Fox College area.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope it's an overhaul on personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I hope it's revamped whims, and maybe fears.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @SimGuruNinja has pretty much confirmed that this isn't coming with the pack so what could this be?

Clearly he's trying (and failing) to do the Worm dance! :D
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I'm wondering if it could be the oceans and lakes in all the worlds being swimmable because Britechester is coming with a swimmable lake.

I was wondering this too. I remember one of the Gurus said something about them working on the other worlds when Island Living came out. As they'd added swimmable lakes to Britechester, it seems like the perfect time to bring that out <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Whatever it is, it probably has to do with that tweet of the sim lying on their chest.

I'd forgotten all about that. I think you're right.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Swimming areas in all worlds I bet.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

Correction

Britechester comes with 2 swimmable lakes one in Britechester and one in the Fox College area.

I think they said each of the districts in Britechester has a swimming area. So that makes 3. But they did only show 2 of them.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The accessibility feature that Frost mentioned is the ability to scale the UI. As revealed by a game changer at approx 2:15:

https://youtu.be/vAIGU0tFk2c

Quite a nice feature as the text is small and I know my niece complains on console that the text is really small.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

it's most likely a murphy bed...
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    We know so far...
    Repo man
    Customizable columns
    They said new CAS items
    An accessibility feature

And they teased at one other thing and I'm trying not to get my hopes up tbh

Actually we dont know if the repo man is coming to the patch because he could very much well be just a student loan collector. They didnt clarify
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    We know so far...
    Repo man
    Customizable columns
    They said new CAS items
    An accessibility feature

Actually we dont know if the repo man is coming to the patch because he could very much well be just a student loan collector. They didnt clarify

They confirmed the repo man is for student loans only via the Q&A they sent to game changers.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    We know so far...
    Repo man
    Customizable columns
    They said new CAS items
    An accessibility feature

They confirmed the repo man is for student loans only via the Q&A they sent to game changers.

That figures.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member

But it is outside. Nobody else than Pescado would have a bed at their LAWN!
    (old joke, most likely too old :) )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

But it is outside. Nobody else than Pescado would have a bed at their LAWN!
    (old joke, most likely too old :) )

true but might put it outside so people wouldn't figure it out
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    @KaeChan2089 , might be :) My comment was an old joke, one of those times when "I just cannot resist" :)

But yeah, not a tiny idea what that pic would mean, dude clearly isn't happy about it, what ever it is :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited November 2019
    Whatever this one little thing is, I hope it's an update to the whims. Or romance. I doubt it, but I can hope. Cars, freed babies, Murphy beds, bunkbeds, and bikes for kids have all been confirmed as not being in the update. My guess is they are adding the height slider for columns as an update to the base game. Keeping that building option available only for players buying DU would upset a lot of people. But they could be including that anyway because we already saw it in the DU Live Stream. There will be some B/B and CAS stuff in the update so adding it then saying it's a suprise addition would be a bit anticlimatic. Whatever it is, I hope it deserves the hype it is getting. As far as that screenshot of the guy looking confused and lying on the grass? There are a hundred different scenarios that could explain it. Was he hit by a soccer ball kicked by a Sim with max fitness? Was he run over by a bicycalist? Knocked out by a random punch while the mascots are fighting? Being juiced would never come into play in this scenario so no to that being the cause. The only thing I get from that screenshot is it looks as if it is connected to some kind of sport. And seeing as the teams added soccer in DU, along with practice sessions for members of the uni teams, adding soccer to the base game update makes the most sense. I can't be too excited if this is true unless they found a way to let kids and teens in on the fun.
    I think I know what the final surprise is judging from this article right here that reminded me: https://simscommunity.info/2019/11/11/the-sims-4-to-require-64bit-operating-systems-with-discover-university/

I think it's having to do with the announcement of that Legacy Edition they were talking about months ago but they delayed it until now as a 'surprise'. Idk why you would announce this now of all places and never inform anyone that you already switched the minimum specs of packs to requiring 64-bit for DU and most likely for all packs going forward. So if you still run a 32-bit system and already preordered, you're out of luck.