Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Challenge Number: 23
    Origin ID: seaben06
    Gallery Name of Build: container home
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5D8060BD17EB11EC8621EA3E90C3E6E0?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=seaben06&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow:N/A
    Additional Notes: i hade to tweak the blueprint a bit it didn't have a counter island but i added one other than that i followed the blueprint
    Space for Pictures: vjIEf3M.pngafSkfup.png
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    OMG @seaben, I'm in love with your build!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Container Home is a lovely build! @seaben :) Very nice exterior design and wood textured walls and the skylight is lovely bringing in sunlight! The gardening area on the roof is great! Lovely glass walls and glass roofing greenhouse to enjoy growing plants. Very nice pool and loungers patio.The furnishing of the interior is lovely! Very nice blue and brown colour scheme of the bedrooms.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    thanks so much for your complements @icanhassims and @rosemow <3
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Ooo, very nice! @seaben
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Challenge Number: BB23
    Origin ID: msmunkie
    Gallery Name of Build: Steel Magnolia
    Gallery Link: Steel Magnolia
    Link to Pics: Pictures and More Pictures
    Photos:
    361a22085ad40dfc80c502ed42860bd57221b1ed.png
    24d963d48b2272468ac1882d72a89cab943f0cbc.png
    9ec9d01b15d4b4a156512c925085f7c6a21a8846.png
    90534cc6fb36f207a91ec8d0ac464ce804cd0236.png
    Steel Magnolia is a lovely family home! @msmunkie :) Very nice exterior design and great balcony areas! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel. playing chess, meditating on the stool or sitting near the fireplace eating meals cooked on the bbq and having drinks from the bar.The furnishing of the interior is lovely! The kids room is sweet! Very pretty floral wallpaper, and the giraffe,panda lamp and animal chair are cute! Very nice kitchen and dining area design. The wood texture of the furniture is very nice and great wall tiling. The design of the tv wall with the fireplace in the living room is very creative! The indoors pool and hot tub room is very nice! The master bedroom design is lovely! Very nice warm restful brown colour.
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks so very much @rosemow ! I had a hard time stopping at the ground level. I needed to take advantage of the gorgeous views from this lot. I'm just surprised that my sims can concentrate while meditating with all the nude joggers that keep passing by. :D
    Your container house looks beautiful @msmunkie
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Ngl, I've built something, but it feels so incomplete and compared to all of the others here, I feel really self-conscious about it :s
    SLpPUp.png
    Hello @leochick123 I am sure that your build is very nice. I will look forward to seeing it :) Please don’t compare it to the builds of other simmers. Every build is a special creation of the simmer who built it.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @leochick123, I wholeheartedly agree with @rosemow! I know that I used to judge myself against other builders but as I continued, practiced, and started to feel out my own style of doing things, I'm always pretty happy with the end result. I'm sure that whatever you've built is uniquely YOU and that's something that I'm sure we'd all love to see. <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @leochick123 please don't be self-conscious! I must say, I have found the people around here to be a pretty encouraging bunch :) We can all learn from each other and it is fun to see yourself progress in the process as well.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,778 Member

All the versions of this shell are wonderful ;) all so different and unique to each creator :) so dont worry @leochick123 we love to see what each person comes up with as we all think differently and learn new ways of doing things from each other. Just have Fun thats what its all about ;)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @leochick123 I have only recently started posting and I find non competitive threads like this one a great place to start. I love looking at how the very experienced builders interpret the blueprint and "finish" their designs. I learn new things all the time and slso have "imposter syndrome " about everything I post. Enjoy doing what you do and remember other people judge you less harshly than yourself.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    I am having a blast looking at all your entries! I love how cool, yet different they are. I can see an entire town populated with all your amazing containers. Beautiful!

This blueprint challenge was irresistible for me. I love working with the containers and wanted to give it a go. I actually finished it a long ago, but haven't had time to do the pictures before.
    I think I managed to make a slideshow as well, so I hope it works :)
    Will be getting it all ready and up soon.
    ENTRY FORM

Origin ID: Stinalina
    Gallery Name of Build: Raw ECOntainer-SeptShell

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/142D1C45218511EC81AF2E2CE62140A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=stinalina&max=50&maxis=false

Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/L4SOdEP

Additional Notes: I wanted to create a "Homemade" raw industriel look for this container home. It's build for the eco conscious freegan type of sim that prefer clean energy and a semi-self-sufficient lifestyle with a veggie garden, bees and insects. I rotated the building, raised it, added a lot(!) of platforms and covered the walls with wood and other materials for isolation ;) My Sim; Carla moved in and her sister; Yasmin visited during the photoshoot :smiley:

Space for Pictures:

tJaGhOe.jpg

fRIeIDE.jpg

edited September 2021
    Raw ECOntainer-SeptShell is a lovely eco living container style home! @Stinalina :) Very beautifully designed exterior! Very nice and stylish exterior design, great wood textured walls, and the platforms with plants, flower boxes, planters,and vases are very nice! Sims will enjoy growing plants. The water fountains are pretty ! Very nice firepit platforned patio! The rooftop loungers, flowerboxes and painting patio is very nice! The water collectors and solar panels. there are great! Very nice outdoors nook where sims can enjoy doing flower arranging, woodworking and making fizzy drinks, whilst kids have fun playing in the tent or on the monkey bars . Very nice chess area on the porch. The interior furnishing is lovely! Very nice wood texture of the furniture. The bedhead wall design in the master bedroom using the piping and wheels looks very great! The dinosaur in the kids room is cute!
    It is a very nice eco living home! :)
    That looks great @Stinalina and I love the name of your build :)
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Okay, y'all gave me the encouragement, so here we go, please be gentle with this one xD

Origin ID: PBHiccup
    Gallery Name of Build: Eco Storage Home
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/87933D4D223211EC89C57DB6A3FFB678?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=PBHiccup&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/xAP3Eyt
    Additional Notes: I feel like it's just... Blah... but I tried, Idk, not my best one.
    Space for Pictures: OuclT0l.png
    1x8EX5o.png
    SLpPUp.png
    Eco Storage Home is a very lovely eco living container style family home! @leochick123 :) Very nice exterior design, and great eco living solar panels on roofing, wind turbines and water collector! Very nice outdoors dining and bbq patio area to enjoy dining outdoors. Sims will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! Very nice warm wood textured walls and wooden furnishings. Very nice sofa sitting nook to enjoy watching tv. The butterflies wallart is pretty! Very lovely and restful coloured bedrooms. The hanging bedroom lights are pretty!
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I’m calling your bluff @leochick123, it’s not blah, it’s blue! 😉 I like the warm colours inside and the realism in your build.
    Thank you very @rosemow and @AlJay It was such a fun challenge!

And thanks to everyone for your sweet comments on my upload in the gallery.
    - I honestly love this community for all the positivity!

@leochick123 no need to feel worried, no-one here would ever be mean to you! And certainly not for your building. I really like that you kept it on the ground and made it look authentic. Your use of the warm wood inside is beautiful and goes so well with the raw kitchen style. Great work :smile:
    Your Eco Storage Home looks very nice @leochick123
    Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to take part in this month’s challenge! You have all simply floored me with your talent and creativity. I love it! Each house was so unique and special in their own way. All together I think we made a great looking container community!

@icanhassims your Cool Desert Container looks wonderful! I love the landscaping and how you have placed the cactus and other plants so nicely. The roof is really fun the way you have angled it and added vent windows. The interior of the home looks great with the whites, light wood tones and pastel colors. I like how you have created a bar and music area in the living room and the seating at the end of the beds in the bedrooms is a really good idea. Very nicely done!

@luckyheather your modern container home is beautiful! What a great idea to elevate it, giving you space for a pool below and I love that you took advantage of the roof, adding a rooftop deck. The yellow really makes this build pop and your chain link fence suits the area so well. The interior has a great modern feel and I love the black and white with pops of yellow. You have added so many nice details to this build! Very well done!

@nali272 Desert Container is so nice! I love that you chose to build this one on the diagonal; It can be a challenge placing things so good on you! You have done a great job with the yard; the pool area is especially nice. The interior of your home looks beautiful! I really like the orange, yellow, and white colors that you chose to decorate with and having the couch on an angle looks very nice. It is great that you even found room for an office space. Great job!

@Becka28 Sulani Simple Life is a great container home! I really like that you chose to build this one in Sulani. The Cement exterior suits the build so well and I love the wraparound deck. You have added nice plants and lighting throughout the property, it is great that you even added a boat. The interior of the home has a very nice costal/island feel that makes it look so calming. I especially love that you have placed the master bed facing the window. Beautifully done!

@abelhinha35 Corrugated Bliss is a very nice industrial themed home! I love the wall covering that you chose for the exterior and it works so well with the windows and doors that you chose. I like the overgrown yard with the Zen Garden and the stone fence. The interior looks nice with the different floor textures and I absolutely love the TV Wall and dining room with access to the pool. You have done a great job giving this home an industrial look. Very well done!

@JojoMOMSTER 3rd X Charm is a great house for the challenge! The way you have designed the roof looks great, especially with the added decks. I love the desert community that you have placed it in and the yard is perfect for a family, so many things to do! The interior of the home looks so nice! I like that you have kept some of the corrugated walls. You have decorated the home very nicely for a family and I like the way you have personalized it with special items. Nicely done!

@xXQueenBeeXx Junk in the Gut is a beautiful container home! I love the way that you have designed the yard! The fence, enlarged planter, and many Eco features are great. I think that it is great that you have even added roof access. The interior looks nice as well. The kitchen design and the entertainment cabinet are a great design. I love all the little details that you have added. My personal favorite it the fireplace area. Well done!

@seaben your container home is so nice! I love the overgrown yard and vines climbing up the walls and roof. It is great that you have even added a greenhouse. The skylights are great and the green space is a nice addition. The interior of the home turned out great! I really like that you added the counter island, it works very well with the space and I really like the black and white theme throughout the house as well. Great job!

@msmunkie You have done a fantastic job on this one! When I saw Steel Magnolia on the Gallery, I didn’t even recognize it as a container home. I love the way you raised the home, giving room for a pool, and added fencing and wall slats. The covered deck with creative flooring design is very nice and I really like the skylights that you have added to the home as well. There are so many activities for the family to enjoy in this house. You have done a great job of decorating it to really make it feel like a family home. Beautifully done!

@Stinalina Raw ECOntainer is a beautiful Eco home I love how you have added so many different levels within the yard to create almost like different rooms for sims to enjoy the many activities that you have added. I really like that you added the green space to the roof and the extra containers on the property look very nice as well. The interior of the home is well done! I like the industrial vibe that you have given it, yet it still looks nice and cozy. Perfect for a family! Well done!

@leochick123 Eco Storage Home looks so nice! I like the fenced in hedge and the vines look great hanging from the front entrance. It is great that you have added a deck and I like all the Eco features that you have added as well. The interior looks very nice! The color choices compliment each other well and the wood wall coverings that you chose suit the home nicely. I really like that you kept the cement floor, you even added floor vents! Great job on this!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top