The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover Universities Coming to Consoles Today (Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
The end of the trailer today confirmed Dec 17th for the consoles as did the blog. Glad to see this hitting consoles before Christmas especially since this pack has bikes,shower woohoo,piercings,single tattoos,the return of kegs and pong tables and so much more. This also means we can expect a pretty big update for consoles in December.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Got mine preordered 😄, cant wait, I even got excited seeing the toilet and shower woohoo to lol
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    That has to be Canadian dollars. Otherwise, it'd be more expensive than any other pack.
    edited October 2019
    Its £32.99 for ps4 UK money, it's the same price for all expansions, @RionAgrias
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Just preordered Discover Universities and got a free theme.
    Can't wait for Discover University to hit consoles.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll preorder it in roughly two weeks.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Zac5194Zac5194 Posts: 1 New Member
    😄, cant wait...
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited November 2019
    After the live stream, I will make my decision about buying it. I don't want to be disappointed.

Edit: I want and need it now!!
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Since the Livestream I want it even more and if you missed Britechester has a swimmable lake.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    35 days! *Cries*
    Plus now I want the new update and bug fixes
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am really looking forward to robotics, I'd buy it for that alone!

Does pre-ordering have any benefits?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

You get to download it early but you cant play until release but by the time it comes out its downloaded to your console and you can play it straight away when its released instead of waiting and you get a new theme, the front cover of the pack you pre-ordered @RavenSpit
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Will we get the RoM fixes patch before Discover releases for console? That's the real question.
  • lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    Looks like such a good expansion so far from the game changer videos I’ve been watching. I’m a bit frustrated though that rotational play doesn’t seem to be very easy to do and that getting a degree takes so long pretty much using up the whole of the young adult time frame unless you turn aging off.
  • lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    @RionAgrias the sim gurus have said we will be getting a patch update before the release of discover university so that should pretty much fix the bugs that have already been mentioned in the PC version. The toddlers not eating their dinner is driving me mental at the moment 🤦🏼‍♀️
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Will we get the RoM fixes patch before Discover releases for console? That's the real question.

Yes and plus 105 bug fixes pc just got.
    edited November 2019
    Can't wait for this to hit consoles
    3 swimmable lakes in new world
    Shower woohoo
    Bikes
    Npc Roommates
    Wall shower head aka open showers
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited November 2019
    I pre-ordered DU with my birthday money. I can already tell that I'll have a lot of fun with it.

And I am waiting for sales on other packs like IL and RoM.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    25 Days Left!!!!!
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited November 2019

I just hope those fixes include all the game crashes. I am getting fed up that when my Sim goes to travel somewhere and before it gets to the World Map, the game crashes. Go to do something else, the game crashes.

Plus, the other night when I tried to input the Resistance Solis Level 3 cheat for my recently made Vampires, it wouldn't work, no matter how many times I entered it.
    2quwd7.gif

I just hope those fixes include all the game crashes. I am getting fed up that when my Sim goes to travel somewhere and before it gets to the World Map, the game crashes. Go to do something else, the game crashes.

Plus, the other night when I tried to input the Resistance Solis Level 3 cheat for my recently made Vampires, it wouldn't work, no matter how many times I entered it.

I believe the travel crashes are related to only the consoles unfortuanly. I hope their addressed. There are 3 error codes with DU that kills your saves making them useless. One is after they graduate try to move back error 102. I surely hope they get these addressed on pc soon so they can get it to the console update or we will get these.

Currently the 3 are
    Error Code 102
    Error Code 109
    Error Code 15

Have you mentioned these travel crashes to SimGuruLegacy and SimGuruJoystick?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited November 2019
    I mentioned it in the Bugs section a few weeks ago and all EA suggested was to clear the cache by unplugging the console for 2 minutes then hooking it all back up again.

The other night, I went to have my Sim travel somewhere and it crashes. Last night, I created a new Sim and before it gets to the World Map, it crashes. I'm calling this issue the "Load Crash."

I would've sent a Tweet to the Sim Gurus but since Twiiter altered its layout, I don't where to go to sent a Tweet to someone.
    2quwd7.gif

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    DU releases one day after my birthday, haha. It looks a lot better than I originally thought. Hopefully, I can get it soon.
    He/Him