Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Official Countdown Thread!!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope that the universities will function like the magical realm in the way that if I log into an household and enroll a specific sim into university and the go back to my main household my sim would be able to see that earlier sim on campus as a student.

I have had a ton of fun designing and making my own magical community and I love seeing the sims that I designed as spellcasters turn up in the realm. It would be fun to make my own student-townies for university. An adult military sim with a prosthetic limb going to Uni to start a new life. A good vampire that never would feed on anyone, he got a grant providing he would participate in some studies to further the knowledge of vampire-kind. That sort of thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    :smiley: No more yelling... on every pack release... "WHERE'S UNIVERSITY!?" Now it's gonna be "WHERE'S FARMING!?" but at least it's new, right?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    23 Days!!!!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    All I can say is I'm glad the leaks were real! I wanted University since TS4 was announced :P

ME too. I was hoping we got this a lot sooner than we did.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well all right another count down thread
    this pack looks fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I didn’t see any elders in the trailer and actually, I’m happy about that. That was one of features I hated most in TS3 Uni. Just YA like in TS2, please. I do hope there are online classes for older Sims, though.

Why did you hate it?

My Universities tended to get overrun by elder Sims who often died at inconvenient moments. Also, where I live, it’s very uncommon for elderly ppl to attend Uni. But my gripe with all ages in TS3 was that there were so many elders In Uni as the game progressed. Could have been a bug, though.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm wondering how they'll handle ageing/the passing of time while our Sims are away at Uni given that we don't have customisable age lengths. I forget how they did in TS3/TS2 - did all ageing just freeze for Sims both at Uni and those not? Which would be weird. But I can't see how else they could do it given that three (just an assumption) Sim trimesters/terms would eat into most of young adulthood.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I dont even have a computer to play on anymore and I'm excited.

Oh bless you I hope you managed to backup save all those wonderful worlds and pics you used to post on the forums spanning back to other iterations of the game as well?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I didn’t see any elders in the trailer and actually, I’m happy about that. That was one of features I hated most in TS3 Uni. Just YA like in TS2, please. I do hope there are online classes for older Sims, though.

Why did you hate it?

My Universities tended to get overrun by elder Sims who often died at inconvenient moments. Also, where I live, it’s very uncommon for elderly ppl to attend Uni. But my gripe with all ages in TS3 was that there were so many elders In Uni as the game progressed. Could have been a bug, though.

OMG I would have hated that thankfully I have never seen that in my uni S3 games right up until today as I still play? I wonder if that was some sort of bug?
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I'm wondering how they'll handle ageing/the passing of time while our Sims are away at Uni given that we don't have customisable age lengths. I forget how they did in TS3/TS2 - did all ageing just freeze for Sims both at Uni and those not? Which would be weird. But I can't see how else they could do it given that three (just an assumption) Sim trimesters/terms would eat into most of young adulthood.

For TS2, Uni students had their own dedicated age range. Going to university was the only way TS2 Sims could become a young adult. They aged to YA when they enrolled, and aged to adult when they graduated. While you were playing your university Sims, aging was frozen for all other households just as if you were playing another family home.

In TS3, aging was suspended altogether while a Sim was at university. Your university student didn't age, and their family back home didn't either. The same thing happened when you went to the World Adventure destinations (which TS3's university system borrow heavily from).

I'm not sure how they'll handle this for 4. I'm expecting the university system to take a lot of cues from the vacation system like TS3's did. But in TS4, our Sims do age on vacation. I've had Sims age up on vacation in both the woods and the jungle. I would think they would have to suspend aging for university, though, because depending on how long the term/semester is your Sim could be almost through their YA stage by the time they graduate.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    This waiting is hard part!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sigh. Sometimes I just wish they wouldn't announce stuff until the week before.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sigh. Sometimes I just wish they wouldn't announce stuff until the week before.
    It would’ve been more painful waiting for an announcement since we already had the leaks😂 its been a month since the target leak and just waiting all this time for the announcement was so long
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2019
    I really like this Sim in the Discover University trailer. She's cute! :blush:

75424781_2448922715220313_8259587568975216640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnlg45IEyo5AbzZtKnB9HxQk3dj8gUPoxfoesd2M_3xe_j1DO0CzLHosOpEaGJx_j8&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=d5727f25e1c532ef09faf57a18ad45c6&oe=5E21924C
    75279184_2448935988552319_7287587520148144128_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmkocZshcmts_t_P0SB5pCf0WEb2fDul3ziIW1nEja9ouPNPz21-3RXldG5EY-Ypc8&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=6fd74437a144430c301868e4518435cf&oe=5E1FF6B2

Anyways, I hope they include her in the game, and I am really looking forward to this expansion. Island Living and University were my two most wanted expansion after Seasons.
    Post edited by rjssim on
    getting closer
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ah the countdown thread :) looking forward to spending time with you all again here. Although I'm glad it's gonna be a little less bad (for me) than waiting for magic. I'm far more chill about university xD which is a good thing, I can't go through that extreme PEPS too many times a year 😅
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I hope that the universities will function like the magical realm in the way that if I log into an household and enroll a specific sim into university and the go back to my main household my sim would be able to see that earlier sim on campus as a student.

I have had a ton of fun designing and making my own magical community and I love seeing the sims that I designed as spellcasters turn up in the realm. It would be fun to make my own student-townies for university. An adult military sim with a prosthetic limb going to Uni to start a new life. A good vampire that never would feed on anyone, he got a grant providing he would participate in some studies to further the knowledge of vampire-kind. That sort of thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

You know I was wondering about this the other day - maybe dorms, or rather, the uni world, will indeed function a bit like the magical realm? Except this time they let us build without cheats?
    22 Days!!!!!
    two weeks to live stream and more info
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I know everyone is wondering this, but I wonder if all classes are rabbit holes or if they will do it like TS3 where some are rabbit holes, but you also have a lecture that’s playable once or twice a week.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I know everyone is wondering this, but I wonder if all classes are rabbit holes or if they will do it like TS3 where some are rabbit holes, but you also have a lecture that’s playable once or twice a week.

My guess is it will work similarly to the “work from home” function where you’ll be able to decide if you want to send your sim to class (rabbit hole) or “study from home” with tasks to perform that are connected to your sims’ major.

Just my guess though, we’ll have to wait and see!
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’m curious about what ages sims can go to college. As I watched the trailer for the 6th time with my sister this morning I noticed it seemed to be oriented towards Young adults or Adults only. I hope the elders aren’t left out that was my favorite retirement for them in the sims 3 they went back to school so to speak lol
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I admit I'm rather curious to see how a Spellcaster performs in college with all those emotional manipulation spells. >:)
    #Team Occult
    21 Days Left!!!!!

3 Weeks!!!!!!
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

My guess is it will work similarly to the “work from home” function where you’ll be able to decide if you want to send your sim to class (rabbit hole) or “study from home” with tasks to perform that are connected to your sims’ major.

Just my guess though, we’ll have to wait and see!

I would love that!