Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I thought sims would be late teens when going to Uni... are they Young adults? Hm, then i might not get this pack. in my game sims become YA when turning 29 years old. It feels a bit weird sending them off to Uni that age... If I turn then YA earlier, they will hardly be Teens at all... hm... I'll stop thinking too much...

In real life Young Adult usually means in their 20s....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought sims would be late teens when going to Uni... are they Young adults? Hm, then i might not get this pack. in my game sims become YA when turning 29 years old. It feels a bit weird sending them off to Uni that age... If I turn then YA earlier, they will hardly be Teens at all... hm... I'll stop thinking too much...

If you can go to war at 18, you should be considered a Young Adult, not a teen.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Like I said, usually. Some places you can’t do anything until 21, other places you can do things at 16-17. But the average age of a YA is in their 20s.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Like I said, usually. Some places you can’t do anything until 21, other places you can do things at 16-17. But the average age of a YA is in their 20s.

I'm not talking about the average age (which I don't see how you can arrive at without knowing the actual age bracket), I'm talking about the year your sim becomes a YA and in the past and probably in this version too, that age is 19. Off to college equals adult responsibilities as you are now on your own in terms of the everyday events in your sims life. Getting up for class, feeding themselves, cleaning/laundry, etc.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Sooo excited!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm looking forward to this EP and can't wait till EA announces it and we get to see what coming in the next couple weeks.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

The thing is that you can be a teen and a YA at the same time irl - teen is technically the word for the age in numbers that doesn't end until one turns 20, while YA is a development stage that starts at the end of puberty/adolescence. I'm guessing "adolescent" was just a bit too long and not common enough a word to use in the game ;)
    Alas, in The Sims, you can't have both at the same time.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    The dude's hair looks soooo good.
  • Options

The thing is that you can be a teen and a YA at the same time irl - teen is technically the word for the age in numbers that doesn't end until one turns 20, while YA is a development stage that starts at the end of puberty/adolescence. I'm guessing "adolescent" was just a bit too long and not common enough a word to use in the game ;)
    Alas, in The Sims, you can't have both at the same time.

All that may be true in real life, but in the Sims, the young adult stage was created in S2 and your teen automatically became a YA when they went off to college or, if they didn't go to college, became a YA at their next birthday as that stage was inserted between teen and adult.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Okay... but are those normal male jeans??? Like, without rips??? YES
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Okay... but are those normal male jeans??? Like, without rips??? YES

LMAO felt that
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I am not excited. In fact, I'm scared.

It says it will include two universities, and with EA's tendency to include only 10 lots with one world, or sometimes less, I'm guessing each world will have one main lot for classes, etc. and then two or three dorm lots, and maybe two off campus lots if we are lucky.

Juggling a soccer ball sounds like more single sim centric activities that will get boring after 2 minutes. Where is the hacky sac like we had in the Sims 2, or the soccer fields like Sims 2 and Sims 3 had? Why can't we have real sports or even stadiums where sims can go watch their favorite college team play? This is supposed to be the next generation of sims and yet we are losing good gameplay left and right.

Ugh, I swear this is just getting to the point where it's no longer bad, but just straight up depressing.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I am not excited. In fact, I'm scared.

It says it will include two universities, and with EA's tendency to include only 10 lots with one world, or sometimes less, I'm guessing each world will have one main lot for classes, etc. and then two or three dorm lots, and maybe two off campus lots if we are lucky.

Juggling a soccer ball sounds like more single sim centric activities that will get boring after 2 minutes. Where is the hacky sac like we had in the Sims 2, or the soccer fields like Sims 2 and Sims 3 had? Why can't we have real sports or even stadiums where sims can go watch their favorite college team play? This is supposed to be the next generation of sims and yet we are losing good gameplay left and right.

Ugh, I swear this is just getting to the point where it's no longer bad, but just straight up depressing.

I understand your frustration and I agree but we literally haven't seen it yet so maybe wait until getting upset. I personally don't think were going to get a full on soccer game because I don't see them being that ambitious with animations but I'm sure they will give us 2 player soccer matches/games.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I'm trying not to get too hype since I was very hype for both IL and ROM and those disappointed me but so far this sounds amazing. I'm so glad we can live off campus because being trapped in the college world on the Sims 3 drove me crazy lol.

I wouldn't over think it, because you could live off campus in TS3 too.

Not getting University if it is like TS2 and TS3 where you are trapped in the college world.

I tend to like the stuff in the packs more, but I have 4 degrees and after spending 20 years as a learning professional, I'm over going to school.

So, I'll wait to see if this pans out and if it does whether it is a closed or open world and what other playability there is besides taking classes and throwing juice parties.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2019
    a reddit user has found the sim's discord server (the one which them simgurus are part of) image
    of a plumbob wearing a graduation cap.

Link to discord is https://discord.gg/VGysRkx

k58n25h52st31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=32907e8db5300f9840f2655d386733d6035d7990
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    a reddit user has found the sim's discord server (the one which them simgurus are part of) image
    of a plumbob wearing a graduation cap.

Link to discord is https://discord.gg/VGysRkx

k58n25h52st31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=32907e8db5300f9840f2655d386733d6035d7990

That's just someone wanting people to join their discord.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @simgirl1010 it's not a 'someone's' discord, it's sort of the 'official' the sims discord server since them simgurus also moderates or host this server.

s7idt4c1hvt31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e0c7ffe58106803435e9f5c0f0ead7e9a3bd4b9c
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited October 2019
    I just hope that we get the option to make apartments in the November patch. I would love to have a bunch of apartment buildings my college sims could live in. I would rather apartments as off campus living instead of houses.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I just hope that we get the option to make apartments in the November patch. I would love to have a bunch of apartment buildings my college sims could live in. I would rather apartments as off campus living instead of houses.

One of the sim gurus said they’d like to use apartments in the future but they were the the key selling point of CL, so it’s difficult to use them again.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    simgirl1010 it's not a 'someone's' discord, it's sort of the 'official' the sims discord server since them simgurus also moderates or host this server.

s7idt4c1hvt31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e0c7ffe58106803435e9f5c0f0ead7e9a3bd4b9c

Lol the server is named “r/TheSims”, and what do you think the “r” stand for?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd be happy to get a stadium even if it's a rabbithole so our sims could go see sporting events together.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2019
    Vagenius wrote: »

One of the sim gurus said they’d like to use apartments in the future but they were the the key selling point of CL, so it’s difficult to use them again.

i honestly think they need to do another city with apartments and such because if they wont allow us to make our own at least add more! and this university pack would be PERFECT for it! they could do what they did in ROM where they added a new neighborhood and then the university a area you can visit (but this time its actually more then 1 lot and is as big as a normal sims 4 world)
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    simgirl1010 it's not a 'someone's' discord, it's sort of the 'official' the sims discord server since them simgurus also moderates or host this server.

Lol the server is named “r/TheSims”, and what do you think the “r” stand for?

not sure how i am gone to say this, but i think EA also considers reddit as one of their social platforms, so i honestly don't know.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope bikes aren't confined to the uni world as that will exclude sims who dont go to uni and also children. I doubt sims who dont attend college will be able to visit the world.