Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Take Screenshots of Your Sims Lives?

Lots of people (from what I can tell) take LOTS of screenshots of their sims. What about you?
funny-gifs20.gif

Do You Take Screenshots of Your Sims Lives? 76 votes

Yes! I take screenshots all the time, no matter how unimportant the event.
46%
CK213icmnfrshalexspoom13aprilrosedreamergrl84Writin_RegasimbsimelanorbretonRadioAChickenAalyahReedsekojranataydevblueyblueskyChuChuExpressKarababy52NiaraTiaraEnkiSchmidtjooxisLiELFlunaoddity 35 votes
Yup, I take screenshots for important events in my sims lives and sometimes other things.
22%
LaBlue0314IceyJThunderbat87MissyHissyGracieO312annaliese39KathykinsBearpal64OldeseadoggeShanabananasFurSimsOfficialklestrellaGrumpyGlowfishalyssa123FaeChaiCaprianaBMissy77 17 votes
I didn't used to, but now I'm doing it more.
5%
SelinaKylesnerdfashionRouensimsAngeliqueAdelaide 4 votes
I used to, but now I'm doing it less.
7%
Colorist40ElderSimChildsillyangel0906Vivi_WillowTreeSimAlexandriaHoverael 6 votes
No, but every once in a while I'll take a screenshot or two.
10%
bshag4lvIsb917BoergeAarg61loubyloulouAquariusMombenson2006RedShoe7Jasonschick80 8 votes
No, never.
3%
SajahiTwoeta_BirdNorthDakotaGamer 3 votes
Other
3%
SimmyFroggyDaWaterRatKimmer 3 votes

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I used to do it a lot but now I don't very often. I used to do it and then take them as memories but I dislike how the memories are shared from one save file to another even though they don't know the Sims in the pictures. And also I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I was always deleting them again LOL. I would take a bunch of screenshots and delete them the next day so that my folder would be empty which kind of defeated the purpose LOL. Now I basically take one if I have something to share in the forums about it, but I delete it right afterwards
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited October 2019
    Other
    I do take screenshots, but not so much and not from every important event. I'm often so into the game that I simply forget to screenshot or I just don't want to ruin the moment. I've missed taking screenshots from my favorite Sims weddings etc and I regret it.
    I take screenshots from random stuff, though. If there are funny moments or something else I find amusing I take a screenshot. I also take a lot of screenshots from cute moments, especially with toddlers and pets. My screenshot folder is full of completely random stuff, but mostly toddlers and cats and dogs.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I didn't used to, but now I'm doing it more.
    I started out never taking screenshots. Then I decided I was going to keep an account of all my Sim households with their stories and pictures. Turns out I'm way too disorganized for that! Now I just take screenshots willy nilly when I like the way something looks, like funny townies, or when something important happens like a marriage proposal. I enjoy looking back at my screenshots sometimes, but I don't think I actually look at them often enough to justify keeping them all. Especially now that my screenshots are getting clogged up with every picture my Sims ever take.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yup, I take screenshots for important events in my sims lives and sometimes other things.
    It depends. Some families I have loads of pics, others not so much. Like the first sim/family I played. 1 screen is all I took while playing them. They had some eventful times too, with marriage and 3 kids.

I do like taking pics of weird and funny stuff
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I used to never take them, but now that I've started, I'm hooked.

I mostly take pictures of the important moments of their lives, like weddings, first kisses, etc., but I do occasionally take not-so important screenshots of cute moments I might like to look back on later. I also prefer the screenshots to be in an order that reflects segments of their story so that I'll never lose track of how events unfolded. My save files are around for a long time, so it's nice to be able to pop into my screenshots for a little recap of their lives or to remind myself of a happy memory from playing.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited October 2019
    My blog is basically a collection of everyday sims moments in different families :D
    I do have a few saves that I don't share on my blog and I do take fewer screenshots there.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other
    For my current family, I eventually started taking one for every Grand Meal they ate as a family, and some day I plan to go through the Screenshots folder and make a timeline of how the family has changed over the years. Probably once I get to generation 10-11, which is when I plan to stop.

Other than that, I'll occasionally take a screen shot if something interesting is happening.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I pause the game all the time to take random screenshots. I'm a Simsphotographer :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i do it for any moments or events i want a record of. some things i take screenshots of frequently include: family meals when all of them are sitting at the table together (doesn't happen often, gotta treasure it), birthdays, parents with their newborn babies, etc
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes, I can't seem to stop!! I love taking screenshots to remind me of my family (I'm on gen 16 so it's lovely to look back on the generations before and remember moments and sims I'd forgotten). But I do struggle when it's time to clear out my screenshots folder - there's always soooo many it takes forever!! :D
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I usually take a lot of their every day lives but especially big moments or funny situations, especially for my BACC game at the moment.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I take lots of screenshots.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yep, I do it a lot. I have folders for each screenshot session...I think I'm going to need to move my current folders over to my external hard drive..
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Sometimes by accident when my finger hits the C button, but usually only when something catches my interest.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other
    Not as many as I should. I tend to get lost in gameplay and forget to screenshot, unfortunately, unless I'm specifically doing a build play test.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    More so in TS2 than 4 as they are part of the household, not in a general bin, and are arranged in the order taken unless you tinker for story purposes. In effect, each household has its own graphic novel. Old habits die hard, so still do it in 4, though organization is an absolute nightmare. Because of that the frequency is much lower, but the mess...
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    Used to do it but due to a lack of interest from the community on this forum, it increasingly became a waste of time and effort to the point it was frustrating. I was burned by that experience and since then i stopped doing it.

I don't collect screenshots for the sake of it though, at 1.5MB a file can easily build up over a few months to GB's. Being practical, i don't have the space to fill my drives with such things if they don't hold any value.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I take screenshots of important events, funny moments, good looking scenes or new animations and features that I like. I have a bunch!
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    No, never.
    The only screenshots I've ever taken were when I hit the button by accident. To be honest, I tend to forget it's a feature. If I was thinking about it more, I probably would.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No, never.
    I did, for a memories type album until I found that doing so contributed to in-game lag. There is no real purpose for them anyway. Like I said, I have found that even just a couple screenshots can contribute to lag issues.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    No, but every once in a while I'll take a screenshot or two.
    I'm like darrenfroggy, I get immersed in gameplay and forget all about taking screenshots. :/ I did get a shot of Christmas morning with all the family eating breakfast together, which I think was one of the last ones, I think. I need to take more.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.