Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Idea

Sims 4 needs more of a life for stay at home parents. add more cleaning options like window washing, lawn cutting, hedge trimming. actual laundry sorting/ironing/folding/Putting stacks of clothes back into the dresser of each room that has a bed+dresser in it, sweeping/mopping/vaccuming, bed making, changing sheets as they get dirtier w/ use, longer time preparing meals vs snacks and sack lunches. let kids and teen sims help cook.

Parent interactions in general:
- Have more options for a parent to be more iquisitive about school, classmates, teachers, school trips, school clubs, and homework.
- Argue w/ kids/teen sims about clubs they can or cannot do; player gets to decide and then gets to give a reason (not enough money/time/grades)
- Give out allowances

Also:
PLEASE LIMIT HOW FAR RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN A PARENT AND FRIENDS/ACQUAINTANCES OF THEIR KIDS CAN GO.
Sometimes my kid's parents become BFFs w/ their kids friends but barely like their own children. If the sim is a friend or acquaintance of their kid then the relationship should cap at a 50% friendship this way it is still possible to like the friends more than your own child, but not so grotesquely. :blush:

Comments

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I've moved this over to the right section, feel free to continue the discussion.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Most of the time, I play with a stay at home mother. She does have a husband (which is working) and two children. And I feel she's already busy enough with householding :o

Butt.. this doesn't mean I don't like your idea! I would love all these things to be in the game.
    But I'm a little worried that if our sims had to do so much householding, they won't have enough free time.

It's just something that should be really well thought out. :smile:
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I like to have my stay at home parents contribute to the household economy in some way. One is a freelance botanist and tending all those plants takes up quite a few hours. Another is a painter and sells her work form home. Another is a woodworker. For me, that is more interesting than cleaning and doing laundry. I haven't yet tried bee-keeping or flower arranging since I just purchased the Seasons expansion, but that is another thing I want to try.

One thing I would love to be added is some way to do homeschooling. I think that would be a good occupation for stay at home parents.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    edited October 2019
    A step-by-step action for every task in the household seems a bit too much to me, personally.

An option "clean up" dresser/closet/cupboard/bookshelf would be nice. As they won't do animations for every door/drawer, they could just animate the sims rummaging around in front of them, pulling out fitting objects (from thin air) and throwing them away or "putting them back". To make it fun sims could find coins from time to time, toys or other small objects, maybe a forgotten book or something. This could even sometimes add a good or sad memories moodlet.

And i'd like to have back messy beds, that have to be made.

Invite teachers for tea/coffee would also be fun. Especially when the kid(s) have bad grades.... >:)
    Post edited by Marduc_Plays on
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd love more cleaning options and household chores. Everything you mentioned sounds great. :)