November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Sims4 wont work after installing a mod

I installed a mod from mod sims. and now my game will not open. I removed the mods and game still wont open. Any suggestion on what to do that doesn't involve me re-installing the game and losing all my stuff?

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Try repair.
  • ChremataChremata Posts: 21 Member
    i did it did not work
  • TheSpiciestBoiTheSpiciestBoi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, newbie here with no luck finding the right thread to post this on :cold_sweat:
    I have a Sim that is based after a character that wears both an eye patch and glasses. I managed, by switching the categories, to be able to have both on at the sims time. But the texture from the eye patch is spreading all across the glasses and I can't have that :disappointed: I've looked around but can't find out how to edit it and fix this issue :neutral:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,091 Member
    Chremata wrote: »
    I installed a mod from mod sims. and now my game will not open. I removed the mods and game still wont open. Any suggestion on what to do that doesn't involve me re-installing the game and losing all my stuff?

Try clearing your cache files. Sometimes even after you remove the mod it leaves files behind. If that doesn’t work you can try resetting your sims folder. The mod likely is out of date.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 5,520 Member
    Hi, newbie here with no luck finding the right thread to post this on :cold_sweat:
    I have a Sim that is based after a character that wears both an eye patch and glasses. I managed, by switching the categories, to be able to have both on at the sims time. But the texture from the eye patch is spreading all across the glasses and I can't have that :disappointed: I've looked around but can't find out how to edit it and fix this issue :neutral:

You may want to ask your question at the Sims 4 Studio forum, they can help you with that. http://sims4studio.com/board/8/creator-help You will probably need to sign in but, membership is free.