Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a world you have but never played?

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Forgotten Hollow and Strangerville. Both are too little and way too limiting. They are just like stage backdrops for me.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Brindleton Bay - I avoid it as much as possible. I had a family move there when I installed Cats and Dogs. They lasted about a Sim month before I had them move. Although I liked the environment a lot, I did not like the number of NPC dog walkers or strays that were generated. I also got tired of having my Sims clean up the messes left by the NPC's pets who usually took a dump right in front of the house. It also seemed like the strays were always ill.

I have a few community lots in Brindleton Bay that my Sims visit occasionally if someone invites them, but other than that I still avoid it. I know that any time any of my Sims visit Brindlteton Bay, the game automatically generates NPC dog walkers who start showing up at venues with their pets. The pets usually relieve themselves on the sidewalk, growl at other Sims, or start drinking water out of toilets. They all get deleted.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've never touched Oasis Springs as it has no appeal to me. Too hot and dry.
    I had one family in Windenburg and I'll probs never use it again because I just don't like that world. Too European for me.
    I had one family in Del Smol Valley and I have no desire to ever play there again. Neither neighborhood is fitting for the majority of my families.
    I played Brindelton Bay maybe once or twice and I'll never go back unless they add a way to turn off those gross stray animals.
  • grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    I dislike hot climate so none of the hot places (Del Sol Valley, Oasis Springs, Strangerville (played once for the pack but wont get back there), the island thing. I dislike the vampire place as well. I mean I like the Pine valley setting and the mountains in the background - but it's so gloomy & depressing!

I'm using an edited version of LilSimsie's save game so all the worlds are populated - but I've edited it heavily. So my favorites are Windenburg, Brindelton Bay and Newcrest. The new little worldlet that came with the magic pack is beautiful but too small - and I don't like its architectural style.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I don't really have a neighborhood that I never play in, I think they each have their own charm to them. I actually use Newcrest and Mag Promenade in every save - I usually put all my restaurants, spas, cafes, etc. in Newcrest, as well as bakeries and the like in MP. They are both beautiful in my opinion. I wish Magnolia Promenade had more lots though, I really like it but the playable area is really for retail it seems.

I guess I use Strangerville the least currently because I am doing a challenge with a set theme/storyline for each gen, and there's one that fits pretty well for the Strangerville mystery. I'm waiting until then to solve it and be able to play there in the save. I try to move my heir to a different neighborhood each time they are going off on their own to complete their generation goals.
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I will some times put houses in Newcrest but I never touch it. Also the vacation worlds, rarely touch them too though my sim is currently sick of being a criminal mastermind and wants a vacation so...I guess that might change, lol.
  • KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    I don't think I have step foot into Del Sol Valley. I actually barely touched most things from Get Famous. When it came out I stayed in San Myshuno.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    magnolia promenade.
    I wish they added that too Willow Creek's map (expanding the neighborhood like in SIms 1), or added a full neighborhood like Bluewater Village (or none).
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Easy answer : del sol Valley. I have some favorite worlds and some I use rarely but this one never. I don't like the look of it, 3 lot neighbourhoods feel small, and I mostly keep forgetting I have it in my game.
    Get Famous is the only pack I regret buying. And the world has something to do with that.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes. I've never played almost all the world's I have. I keep thinking my "story" will eventually take me out of Willow Creek lol
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    New Crest because I just think the town style is so ugly. But I tend to make use one way or another of all the worlds on rotation.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Oasis Springs. It's nothing particularly deliberate, I just never work with the desert worlds (mind you, I'm English. Deserts are kind of alien to me :D ). I do intend to play in it more with my BACC game so who knows? I'll probably end up enjoying it.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I sent some Sims to Magnolia Promenade once for about five minutes, but I haven't touched it otherwise. I should really delete the shops and turn it into a new suburb.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oasis Springs and Del Sol Valley. I don't like worlds where it doesn't snow.

Sulani is the ONE exception. I love that world.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Strangerville - I bought the pack because of an EA special, you got an expansion, game pack and stuff pack for a decent price when Island Living came out. Have never played in Strangerville. I just put a restaurant and a spa there just so I don't feel it's a total waste of money but I have zero desire to play through the story.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I only play in NC, WC, and SM. I do visit restaurants in MP. I have all the packs. I would play in OS a lot more if we had another desert world
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Newcrest and Oasis Springs, I just don't know what to do with NC for now so it remains empty and for whatever reason I tend to forget about OS, though I build some nice stuff there...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Newcrest & Magnolia Promenade.

Newcrest is just too bland and boring. I love the extra space and have even gone through and added all types of beautiful venues and residential lots, but I've never actually used them. I honestly forget I've done it until I accidentally click on the world.

Magnolia Promenade isn't as bland, but it's extremely small, and that just doesn't work for me and the way that I play. I picture the worlds to be separated by great distances (for the most part) and so Sims only visit the venues that are in the world they live in, unless I'm planning for them to "make a trip" to see family/friends elsewhere or "vacation" somewhere.

I will add that I don't play in Strangerville very often, since my most active households don't really fit the vibe there. There's also Forgotten Hollow, for similar reasons and for being small, and the new world that came with RoM.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Nope. I play them all rotationally. The only place I never visited at all (yet) is SIXAM. Can't wait to go there, but want to do it through game play.

Me too. Though there are some I have now dropped from my rotation as I am not so keen on them - Forgotten Hollow is too small for me and, at the moment, I don't have a household to suit it. I find Newcrest a tad boring, it has no personality. Del Sol Valley is lacking in neighborhood choices, though I do still play there. And Glimmerbrook is rather small, I may end up ditching it once the newness has worn off.
  • StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    Oh my goodness so many, I typically buy the packs to simply add more animations to my game. I do like having the worlds but I am probably someone who doesn't ever unlock a packs full potential but I still love the Sims
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I don't see the appeal of Del Sol Valley. The elite neighborhood seems too big and the regular neighborhood seems too cramped. I'll have some sims move there eventually but it's never my go to world.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I’ve played all worlds, but some hardly ever, like Magnolia Promenade because it’s retail lots only. But my sims don’t shop much, if at all, and the ones who own stores rarely open them, therefore I seldom visit.

Other worlds I very seldom play are the two vacation worlds because I tend to forget they exist in another screen, and the two desert worlds because I dislike deserts/barren landscapes. All other worlds get regular playing rotation.

I don’t have the magic pack yet, so not sure how much Glimmerbrook and the Magic Realm will be apart of my gameplay.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Forgotten Hollow is the only world I have never played in. I play in Newcrest 90% of the time since that's where most of my families are.

I hardly play in Magnolia Promenade unless my sim is working at her bakery there and Brindleton Bay I will only play in for my sim who owns a vetinerary clinic there, I would play that one more but currently I don't have anyone to put there and I don't want to make a new family or play the existing ones.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    There are some worlds I almost never play in. 1. „Vampire Town“ (don’t remember the name): only has a cemetery that my sims visit on Dia de los muertos. 2. Magnolia Promenade: I have my spa there, so I sometimes visit 3. Newcrest (duh): restaurants, bowling alley, community garden
  • andrea_akemiandrea_akemi Posts: 24 Member
    Del Sol Valley and Brindleton Bay because of the grass. That texture bothers me. I even downloaded a default for Brindleton Bay, but the author hasn't updated it for Del Sol Valley. I only travel to these worlds because of the awards and the vet, but I can't stand playing there as a resident.