Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like this clothing change from the June 18th Patch

"Teen Sims will no longer spin into their Everyday outfit when going to school. If Randy wants to wear his swim trunks to school, well that’s Randy’s business."

My teens now all go to school in their pyjamas. Along with ridiculous situational outfits, this change is just making it that much harder for me to feel immersed in this game.
Worst of all I can't imagine what sort of player this change was intended to cater to, so I'm genuinely curious as to what someone who likes this has to say. :)

Do you like this clothing change from the June 18th Patch 126 votes

I hate/dislike this change
62%
aprilroseCabelle1863CamkatBreeNillaWritin_RegKementariAnmirlafruitsbasket101mock68VageniusCinebarGagealoyallyroyalzagboorulesJoAnne65mlmeadowssazzieJthecatsredSk8rblazeKLAlexis 79 votes
I like this change/I'm okay with it
13%
danacnbrettSimQueenie9MissyHissyGorgeoiousSindocatannaliese39SimsLovinLycanlexus20Twoeta_BirdLoveMcQueen5683happyopiddd994Vivi_WillowTreeIreneLudwigMaedMissy77SimmerBecca4481 17 votes
I'm completely indifferent to it
23%
storyyPlayerSinger2010AlrynnBloosmoofriendlysimmersBagoas77loubyloulouKalaniCooltaydevFroilFoxrox77EnkiSchmidtcalipossRedShoe7SuperCoolRachaelthatsnotswegbirdonawireGamingTweetyEvie0602Todiloo 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Absolutely hate it and it’s a tacky change imo.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I really don't get the sense of this. If there was the absent-minded trait like in Sims 3, ok, but just because?
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Who knows, maybe they broke something and decided to tout it as a feature rather than trying to fix it. It really does make no sense.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I imagine it's useful for when you want to assign their sims school uniforms and those uniforms are not in the Everyday 1 slot (in formal, maybe?).
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2019
    I imagine it's useful for when you want to assign their sims school uniforms and those uniforms are not in the Everyday 1 slot (in formal, maybe?).

Hmm nope, I don't think so - a change that affects every sim in the game just for the 0.1% of players who want to set a school uniform on a small percentage of their played sims? :/
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I like it because I have my young sims shower before leaving for school anyway, and when it's cold out, I always make sure they put on their cold weather clothes. Spining out of them for Everyday didn't make sense.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I work in a high school. Sometimes, real teenagers don't spin into their everyday wear, so I'm fine with it. :D
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Doesn't make sense to me. From how it sounds, every Sim is just going to end up going to school in their pajamas unless we intervene, which is annoying, as changing clothes now involves a pop-up window that pauses the clock every time it is present.

It's certainly one of those things that makes me question who thought this was useful, why did they actually spend their time doing this, etc.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited October 2019
    Doesn't bother me (then again, I only have one Teen in my played households at the moment).
    I do wonder if it was because they'd change into their Everyday outfit even when it was hot or freezing (and then ended up overheating/freezing on the way home or even while in school).

ETA: since uniforms were mentioned: I'd not even think twice if there was that option instead since all secondary schools and the vast majority of primary ones where I live have uniforms anyway. Would probably be a better way to do it. (provide the freezing/overheating didn't happen in those uniforms)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I understand what they were trying to do with that....but ultimately it doesn't work. Brings more problems than none...and they should just add the option for us to enrol sims into private schools which sims pay for and requires good grades for the uniforms.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I don't know what use this is supposed to have but I kinda like having to keep an eye on teens lest they leave the house naked.

But I'm also probably the only person to use parenthood commands on kids rather than taking direct control of them.
    I like things that put me more "in the moment" and less automated gameplay.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    honestly, i hadn't noticed this? maybe because i always check to see if my sims are dressed in the right attire anyway. my kids usually shower before school too.
    i wouldn't say i hate it since i guess it doesn't really affect me, but now that i know it's a thing that happened i think it was a poor choice. why not instead add a category in cas for school/work outfits? 🤷🏻‍♀️
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    why not instead add a category in cas for school/work outfits? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ohh I would love that. I don't like the default career outfits for any of my sims - they don't match their character.

Would be ideal if they added a Spooky Day costume category too, well I can dream at least...

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm more annoyed that I have to change my Sims into hot weather clothing after they shower during the summer. All my Sims shower in the morning, so they're not going to school in their pjs, but I wish they'd automatically wear the correct clothing when they finish.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Is it possible that this change is something to do with the next expansion coming out, supposedly a University one? Maybe there's a chance of more types of pre-university education coming with it so different choices of schoolwear or not? Hoping anyway.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm okay with it and find it helpful for cold/hot weather, but I can see how it might be annoying for some, particularly if you play with large households. I would like a uniform/work category option in CAS though.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I did notice my kids going to school in their PJS since they are nighttime showerers. Feels really strange when I don't catch them and they come back home without socks, shoes, with their undies out, and a big tshirt.... :\
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    This makes no sense to me. Why change it?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    This makes no sense to me. Why change it?

I have a feeling it’s something to do with people who set a specific outfit as a school uniform.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    For the school uniforms... couldn't they just have it set as

1) Children/Teens who are already wearing an Everyday Outfit will remain in said outfit on their way to school and;
    2) Children/Teens who are NOT in an Everyday Outfit will CHANGE into a random one from their choices on their way to school

This helps everyone - people who want to set one outfit for their school outfit can put it in the everyday category, while people who just want their kids to NOT be in pjs can dress themselves properly.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wow, I'm not even going to load the game if it does this. What part of CAS does Maxis not understand? I pick the clothes my Sims will wear for every outfit very carefully. What makes them think the game should pick those outfits? I might as well be playing MySims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense to me. From how it sounds, every Sim is just going to end up going to school in their pajamas unless we intervene, which is annoying, as changing clothes now involves a pop-up window that pauses the clock every time it is present.

It's certainly one of those things that makes me question who thought this was useful, why did they actually spend their time doing this, etc.

To cover up they can't fix situational bug so just let them wear whatever, and claim it's by design.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    For the school uniforms... couldn't they just have it set as

1) Children/Teens who are already wearing an Everyday Outfit will remain in said outfit on their way to school and;
    2) Children/Teens who are NOT in an Everyday Outfit will CHANGE into a random one from their choices on their way to school

This helps everyone - people who want to set one outfit for their school outfit can put it in the everyday category, while people who just want their kids to NOT be in pjs can dress themselves properly.

This sounds good in theory until people have Seasons & the more extreme weather. The Everyday outfits cause Sims to have adverse reactions even on the short walk from the front door to the poof point (which in some lots isn't right in front of the house, depending on where you set the door).
    It would help to have a "School" outfit category (or a School/Work one, so we could set those for YA and Adult Sims (and maybe a "None" option that would let them stay in whatever they are when they're leaving).

On the general "why did this happen" question, I do think it may have been the "but I have a uniform set, why do my Teens change" complaint. That doesn't solve the Hot/Cold weather outfits: do the Teens change into those before leaving on the appropriate weather days?

@Cinebar I think it's quite the opposite to what you're saying: the game stopped forcing the Everyday outfit regardless of what players wanted the Teens to wear to school (unless it was set in that particular slot), so now it's up to the player to make sure they change before leaving for school.
  • Options
    Then make it so that if there's Bad Weather outside, if a sim is en-route to poof point, they don't get any bad weather effects. If you cancel them going to the poof, the weather effects can begin.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Lmao I was wondering why my sim was always going to school wearing only a bra and undies. I thought it was because she was a slob sim.

Idk I think it's a neat feature. Maybe they should update it though to not wear underwear to school lol
    LR3g0ni.jpg