Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[EA Account] Turn on Login Verification & get a free month of Origin Access in November

1235...Next

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LatteCrab :( but the 30 days for me started on the day I got the email, so it’s not ending 30 Nov. Since you don’t have it yet, maybe try contacting EA help? Seems like way too long a time even with staggered release.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    @LatteCrab :( but the 30 days for me started on the day I got the email, so it’s not ending 30 Nov. Since you don’t have it yet, maybe try contacting EA help? Seems like way too long a time even with staggered release.

I only just remembered to check about Origin last night, because I had last minute emergency surgery last week, and for obvious reason, forgot about it. I have now been checking on the little things, because I am going stir crazy nuts, not being allowed to do things I usually do. :#
    I'll just wait for a possible email then, if not, oh well. I was just curious if others were still waiting, since it seemed a bit long of a wait, but it's not a huge deal. :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Still no sign of an email. Have given up hope of getting one. Seems all very haphazard and unprofessional...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I still haven't gotten mine yet either. I mean, when they said they were going in batches, I figured I'd be later but half way through the month is kinda ridiculous. Ah well, there wasn't much in the Origin Basic access section I was curious about anyway. (I actually prefer TTRPGs to computer games)
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    I haven't got mine either so far :/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I never got it either, and the month is over half over. Oh well, haha! I was thinking of trying Sims 3 but haven't had much time to play lately anyways so not the end of the world
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    So I'm going to have a free month on December instead? I'm not complaining. I have a lot more free time on that month.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    You all seem so calm about it. I know I would have been upset if I hadn't gotten mine. Still hoping it works out for you.
    musteni wrote: »
    You all seem so calm about it. I know I would have been upset if I hadn't gotten mine. Still hoping it works out for you.

I had two step verification on from the start, so I didn't have to do anything. And there's not that much that I'm even curious about in the vault anyway. So while I am irritated, I don't feel enough like I'm loosing out to go to upset. :wink:
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey, sorry for the wait there :( I know it's 20th of November already and this might have affected your plans, but the rolling out is still going on. I'll make sure to post here when I hear from the team that this is complete.
    Also, I want to confirm that no matter when the free month is added to your account, you will still get a full month. That means that if you get it end of November, the free month will expire end of December, not November 30.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited November 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey, sorry for the wait there :( I know it's 20th of November already and this might have affected your plans, but the rolling out is still going on. I'll make sure to post here when I hear from the team that this is complete.
    Also, I want to confirm that no matter when the free month is added to your account, you will still get a full month. That means that if you get it end of November, the free month will expire end of December, not November 30.

Thank you for letting us know. It was helpful to know the time starts from the activation, and not set to specific month. :D
    (not all offers from companies do that.)

I finally got the email for the Origin Access this morning.
    e21eq5g.png

Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Hi @EA_Mai, is this free month a US-only thing? I'm thinking that could be the reason that some people have received their emails and others haven't. I'm in the UK.

Hi @EA_Mai, is this free month a US-only thing? I'm thinking that could be the reason that some people have received their emails and others haven't. I'm in the UK.

While it may be US only, I'm in the US, and still waiting as of this morning.
    Yay, enjoy @LatteCrab!
    Nope, not exclusive for US.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2019
    I already owned Sims 4 before you guys gave me a month free of access, once the month ends, you're not gonna take away the sims 4 and sims 4 packs that I had purchased outright before this promotion right? Like it won't effect already purchased games?

I hope not as I paid a lot of money for my sims games and I wasn't giving the option to decline this promotion.
    edited November 2019
    @GraceyManor nope, the games you have purchased will still be there when your Origin Access membership expires.

The games you add to your Game Library from The Vault for free as part of the membership, however, will only be playable while your membership is active.

For example, let’s say you own The Sims 3 with no packs. During your Origin Access free month you upgrade it to play with the Starter pack which includes Late night and High-end loft stuff. Once your membership expires Late night and High-end loft stuff won’t be accesible anymore, but The Sims 3 will still be there.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @GraceyManor nope, the games you have purchased will still be there when your Origin Access membership expires.

The games you add to your Game Library from The Vault for free as part of the membership, however, will only be playable while your membership is active.

For example, let’s say you own The Sims 3 with no packs. During your Origin Access free month you upgrade it to play with the Starter pack which includes Late night and High-end loft stuff. Once your membership expires Late night and High-end loft stuff won’t be accesible anymore, but The Sims 3 will still be there.

Thanks for confirming that ^_^
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    I already turn off the security on Nov. 17. I really dislike to type codes each time I log in. If this means I am disqualified of getting the reward, so be that! Yeah I'm a slob, sue me. :triumph:
    P.S: Type in bold for me to see words more clear. No emotion attached
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    edited December 2019
    Hi again! Everyone who was eligible should have received a free Origin Access month by now, so I hope you all are enjoying some new games!

If for some reason you didn't receive it, please, let us know here (<- read that post by @EA_Tom before posting please).
  • nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    Last night I was happily playing my Sims 3 game just fine with no problem. But today when I tried to upload the launcher it kept crashing within seconds several times. Then I finally realized that there was a notice on my Origin pop up saying, "Your Origin Membership has expired." I have NEVER payed for a membership on Origin. The ONLY EA game I have ever played is The Sims. The notice not only appears on the very top of the "Origin Access" page but it also shows up in "My Game Library" right on top of my Sims 3 game icon.
    WHY is Origin asking me to pay for a membership just so I can play a one person game like the Sims 3 when I have never had to pay before? Is this a bug? My EA "Player Control" page says I'm Unlimited but "Origin Access" page says I'm inactive and that it's expired. Like I said before, I have NEVER paid for a membership on Origin, EVER.
    Am I not understanding this right? Is Origin saying I have to pay again for my Sims 3 (which I have owned for 7 years) every single month just to play by myself? I didn't buy the Sims 3 just for a limit time use. That is not what the box said when I first purchased the CDs in a store 7 years ago.
    I don't get it.
    Can someone please tell me that I am wrong and overreacting and clear this confusion up for me? Is this a bug in Origin? And please tell me how I can fix it and get the launcher to stop crashing.

Thank You so very much for taking the time to read this. Any answer will be much appreciated.
  • nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    nycbigl wrote: »
    Last night I was happily playing my Sims 3 game just fine with no problem. But today when I tried to upload the launcher it kept crashing within seconds several times. Then I finally realized that there was a notice on my Origin pop up saying, "Your Origin Membership has expired." I have NEVER payed for a membership on Origin. The ONLY EA game I have ever played is The Sims. The notice not only appears on the very top of the "Origin Access" page but it also shows up in "My Game Library" right on top of my Sims 3 game icon.
    WHY is Origin asking me to pay for a membership just so I can play a one person game like the Sims 3 when I have never had to pay before? Is this a bug? My EA "Player Control" page says I'm Unlimited but "Origin Access" page says I'm inactive and that it's expired. Like I said before, I have NEVER paid for a membership on Origin, EVER.
    Am I not understanding this right? Is Origin saying I have to pay again for my Sims 3 (which I have owned for 7 years) every single month just to play by myself? I didn't buy the Sims 3 just for a limit time use. That is not what the box said when I first purchased the CDs in a store 7 years ago.
    I don't get it.
    Can someone please tell me that I am wrong and overreacting and clear this confusion up for me? Is this a bug in Origin? And please tell me how I can fix it and get the launcher to stop crashing.

Thank You so very much for taking the time to read this. Any answer will be much appreciated.

YES! EA Help on Facebook helped me to fix it. My game is up and running again! WOOHOO!
    After he checked out my account and worked on it on his end for quite a while, he then told me to not only clean out the caches and restart the PC like I usually do but this time to go to...

"Origin game repair and see if that helps. You can do this by going to your game library, right-clicking on The Sims 3 and selecting the repair option."

And that did it! It's finally up and running. YEAH! :)
    I had no idea that repair option even existed. You learn something new everyday. LOL! Wink

Thank you EA Help on Facebook!!! You Rock!
    <3