Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[EA Account] Turn on Login Verification & get a free month of Origin Access in November

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @EA_Mai any info on when and how the free month will start. Will we receive an email or some kind of notification. Is it supposed to be this long a wait for it to kick in or is there some kind of issue since it stated the 1st but it is now the 5th and I and from the msgs in this thread there are a few others still waiting. Any info would be appreciated.. Thank you.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I've just got mine - it was an e-mail telling me I have just redeemed an Origin Access membership code, so check your inboxes in the next few days everyone.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Just got mine. I signed into origin and downloaded project high-rise. Thank you EA. B)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited November 2019
    I got the email about Access a few hours ago, so they are slowly rolling out.

ETA: as expected, it's Win only for the free access (likely since they can withdraw said access easier once the membership runs out on Win) but ahoy there discount which does apply on any platform :D
    Post edited by SimmyFroggy on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I got mine too. I would like to recommed Oxenfree for anyone wondering what to play. I have that game and played it through in about six hours. The story doesn't fully unfold in firts playthrough but I'm saving my second one for later. I love the characters in that game but be aware they chitchat a lot! :smiley:
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    Hi! Glad to hear you are starting to get Origin Access :)

@Charliimai - I'm not sure exactly when we are expecting to be done with everyone's accounts, it's the first time we grant Origin Access like this :) That's why we didn't give an exact date. But I'll try to get info on how things are going.

Also, for everyone: this is not platform specific, the free Origin Access is applied to your account - no matter in which platform you play or from where you activated Login Verification. However, as I mentioned somewhere in this topic, Origin Access is a PC membership and you will need to be on Windows to access The Vault and game trials. You can still use the 10% discount on Origin purchases from any platform. Details here.

Did I miss any questions? :/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @EA_Mai only the one about whether we'll need to make sure to cancel the membership before month's end to avoid getting charged for an automatic renewal.
    Answer: no need to cancel, as far as I know. On my account, it's set as non-recurring so if we want to continue the membership, that's when we need to change it. The trial won't automatically renew.

(it's also good to see that the yearly basic membership means that Basic on that plan is only ~2€/month. Alas, as it's Win only, it won't be for me)
    @EA_Mai only the one about whether we'll need to make sure to cancel the membership before month's end to avoid getting charged for an automatic renewal.
    Answer: no need to cancel, as far as I know. On my account, it's set as non-recurring so if we want to continue the membership, that's when we need to change it. The trial won't automatically renew.

(it's also good to see that the yearly basic membership means that Basic on that plan is only ~2€/month. Alas, as it's Win only, it won't be for me)

Oh, I thought I had replied to that one! No, no need to cancel if you were not a member already.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nice, I got the membership today, so I started downloading Vampyr from the vault. I guess I can only play it during the month of the membership, isn't it? I'll have to play it as much as I can then.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If we already had login verification on (I think I switched mine on in the summer), do we still get an email? These are taking sooooo long to send out! Can't quite understand why - isn't it automated?
    Thanks for the info @EA_Mai and for staying active in this thread and giving answers where you can it means a lot that you take the time to do that. I havent received the email yet but thats fine I will keep an eye out for it now that I know how it works. I am glad that it is working for some hope you have fun playing!! :smiley:
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited November 2019
    Nice, I got the membership today, so I started downloading Vampyr from the vault. I guess I can only play it during the month of the membership, isn't it? I'll have to play it as much as I can then.
    Correct - you will be able to access the games in The Vault only while you are an Origin Access member.
    If we already had login verification on (I think I switched mine on in the summer), do we still get an email? These are taking sooooo long to send out! Can't quite understand why - isn't it automated?
    Yes, we send an email when we apply the free month to let you know. We are rolling out the free month in phases, it’s automated (would take aaaaages if we had to do it manually), but lots of accounts still :)
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @EA_Mai and for staying active in this thread and giving answers where you can it means a lot that you take the time to do that. I havent received the email yet but thats fine I will keep an eye out for it now that I know how it works. I am glad that it is working for some hope you have fun playing!! :smiley:
    <3 We will get to everyone - have you decided what game you are trying first?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

It's a great game, and you can beat it in 10 hours if you skipped all dialogues.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member

Me too! I've been meaning to play it for so long. I'm happy that I can try it for free even if I don't finish it.

I have another question though or rather verification on an answer. What do the upgrades do for games in our library and will it affect access to them after the trial? For example, I accidentally upgraded my Sims 3 and saw there was high-end loft stuff now. I'll still be able to play my sims 3 after the trial right? just not high-end loft stuff
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited November 2019
    @EA_Mai,
    Looks like I've not receive my reward because the origin still want charge me for 1 month membership as I click join 1 month basic membership since I activate my security code on 20th October.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    edited November 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Charliimai wrote: »
    <3 We will get to everyone - have you decided what game you are trying first?

Honestly I have no idea or much time to play so I havent really looked at the games list but my son has been begging me to buy Pvz garden warfare 2. Hopefully I'll be able to let him play on the weekend till he gets bored and stops bugging me. :wink:
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I havent got mine. And i have ativated the 2fa since a year ago
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited November 2019
    @izecson Myself and quite a few other simmers are still waiting according to Ea_Mai and Answers Hq they are rolling the free month out in batches. Hopefully we will get the email soon. Maybe @EA_Mai can shine more light on the situation.
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I haven't gotten mine yet either.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Has anyone actually received their free month? It's been 10 days and I'm still waiting
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    It's been a week and I still haven't got mine.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I have received mine through my e-mail. I downloaded a game and after that I was told my membership had expired. So I went through the link in my E-mail and that is the only way I am able to down load any games. So glad i didn't delete it after I read it.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I got the email, I just read it and the access has been working fine.

There was a question about which game we are trying first. I've been playing The Sexy Brutale. It's a murder mystery and really enjoying it. I hope the people waiting will get their access soon!
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

It's almost halfway through the month, and still no free Origin access for me.
    I'm not sure if the 30 days starts from the time they notify you, or if it's just a time-specific month? :/