Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    I would find a way :D you can use MCCC to directly impregnate your sim with the baby of a ghost so I expect it'd work for the wraith too.

Haha I remember doing the same with my friends when we'd play TS3 together. I was such a nice child...

At least the plushies don't break. My dolls houses are always being smashed by Vlad haha.

Months/days is a nice idea - could come up with some cute nicknames too like Janny for January for Febby for February.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    So you can have a ghost baby? :o

Do you sometimes feel guilty because of it? I do :joy:

Oh the doll house... I have plenty of ghosts that break it, not just Charlie.

Yeah the nicknames sound really cute!

New chapter later today :)
    @Queenarella
    You can have a baby from a ghost using MCCC but the baby isn't a ghost baby, it's just a normal baby. I miss having ghost babies in TS3!

I'd actually forgotten about it but now I feel guilty for sure! Having said that, the first thing I did in TS3 was to make my own family (including myself) and after I had played for a bit I got curious about what would happen if they died... So I starved my own family (including myself) to death lol. That wasn't malicious as they just happened to be the sims I was playing with at the time but it sounds psychopathic now that I think of it!

Maybe I should have just locked the door to the room with the dollhouse for Vlad so he can't get at it.

Yay new chapter :)

I always get worried about letting my elders exercise in case they die on me - although I do let them woohoo but I think they have to woohoo twice in a row to die of that.

Adrian's mer form is so beautiful.

I got worried for Adrian when I saw Grim turn up but he's a merman so he should have ages. Is it bad to say I'm glad it's Mark? LOL

I love ghost cats in this game more than the live cats - mostly because they never get sick and also because they change colours based on their emotions which is so cool

Omg you weren't exaggerating, Kinsley's boobs are bigger than her head :D

I'm also guilty of using skill books instead of actually doing the activities. Particularly for snowboarding or skiing it's a hassle to have to go to Mount Komorebi.

Sherlock playing with the chemistry set is reminding me of Sherlock in the lab in the TV series.

Awww I love that you got to name the baby John! This has been such a great naming theme :)
    @MaggieMarley
    I've never had a ghost baby as I didn't like occults (ghosts are occults?) in ts3 :sweat_smile:

It sounds a bit odd, yes :joy: But as a simmer I can see why you got curious :D

But then the locked door glitch shows up :p
    Adrian worked out on free will. My sims have a loveless life, no woohoo unless it's for baby making :joy:

Adrian's mer form is awesome! He doesn't look like an elder at all!

Same! There was no message or anything. I found Grimmy by pure accident. Nah it's fine, I felt the same :joy:

And they can't run away! Freya ran away so many times... I bet it was a glitch.

Kinsley gained a bit of weight with her previous 3 pregnancies but her boobs have always been huge :D Not bigger than her head huge tho lol

You have to go there eventually tho as the skill books end with level 9 :'(

I actually used one of my favourite Jim Moriarty lines there :D "I gave you my number, I thought you might call." :D

There would have been so many lovely female names :'( Uros, Enola, Molly,...

• TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @Queenarella
    No Mark! :'(:'(:'(!!!!!!
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
    @Queenarella
    They couldn't really do anything special but it was nice that ghosts could have babies in TS3. I wish they could in TS4 without mods :(

There's a locked door glitch?
    I like woohoo for bringing up the fun need when it's really low. I get lazy and it's an easy option to use!

At least you get to have Mark around as a ghost, that's nice. Maybe he knew it was his time and came back to you to die lol.

I think certain traits might make pets more likely to run away. I've had a cat which has never run away and has been around for 10 generations in one of my saves (Mayor W). He has the aloof trait so maybe doesn't mind not getting attention so much.

True. But I did find skiing and snowboarding pretty fast to complete when you do them actively though. I had Clemmie and Vlad go to Mount Komorebi and stay up all night working on them.

Omg I totally forgot that was a Moriarty line but now you've reminded me! Ugh I love him so much. Totally read that in his Irish accent.

Enola would've been such a good name... Maybe continue the Sherlock theme next gen if you get a girl?
    @TwinkiesLA
    But hey, this way his ghost will be around :)

@MaggieMarley
    I didn't like the transparent look in ts3. Ghosts look better in ts4 so I wouldn't mind ghost babies there I think :sweat_smile:

Yeah you had the same in your 100 baby challenge, didn't you? Like you need two locked doors or more because it suddenly is unlocked.

Ok, I do this too :D And social rises with it as well. It's risky with elders and also risky woohoo...

Mark wanted to stay by my side forever :joy: To be fair, he was at the front door every single day. For several hours.

Hm, Freya had a trait like needy or whatever it's called. But many times she ran away 5 seconds after someone has paid attention to her for hours :D

I have three different sims work on skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing at the moment. Once they're all at level 9 they'll visit Mount Komorebi :D

._. Andrew Scott has an Irish accent in Sherlock? I've never heard it before... :D In the series that is. For me it has to be super obvious like in Peaky Blinders :joy: But I know when someone's talking with a British accent. But not the different countries of Britain. Irleand included :sweat_smile: I know that Scottish can hard to understand for non-native speakers like me. Do you know Alec Hardy in Broad Church? He has an accent but I'm not sure where it's from. Scottland? Wales? No idea :sweat_smile:

But what if I get boys only again? :D What male names are left in this theme? Greg? Who else? :D
    @Queenarella
    I prefer how they look in TS4 too and I love how they change colour based on their emotions!

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. I ended up with loads of doors to the dungeon just in case :D I don't think I've encountered this bug recently so I hoped it was fixed.

That's actually kind of sweet about Mark. I recently realised that Scylla never comes over to the house although she's a vampire and is still alive in the game.

Needy probably makes the running away worse then! I bet when Rowan gets a dog it'll run away all the time lol.

That's a nice reward for them :) the rock climbing was so slow in my game but maybe that's because I was using the climbing wall from the fitness SP - could be that it raises faster when you climb a rock wall on an actual mountain.

Yes he does! Remember when he says "I will burn the heart out of you" - he says the "heart" bit in a really Irish way. I love Irish accents <3 I actually haven't watched Broad Church but I just looked it up and it seems Alec Hardy is played by David Tennant who is Scottish so if he's speaking in his natural accent then Alec will have a Scottish accent. Love David Tennant! He was probably my favourite doctor in Doctor Who.

Good point. Maybe only do the Sherlock naming theme again if the first baby is a girl :D but then again you're really good at coming up with naming themes anyway so you might have another naming theme in mind :)
    @MaggieMarley
    The colour based on the emotion is a great thing!

I still have two locked doors to the crypt just in case :D

Has Scylla visited before? Most of my sims' family members visit quite often. Or former bachelor/ette candidates :sweat_smile:

Why will Rowan's dog run away all the time? :sweat_smile:

I haven't tried climbing an actuall rock wall yet. It took me hours (if not days) to find the walls when I tried out the pack :joy:

I can't remember this line :sweat_smile: Oh right, he also played the Doctor! His accent sounds great but I had to listen carefully to undestand him :sweat_smile:

I don't have any ideas yet to be honest :D I still have plenty of time left to come up with names tho. I won't play too soon tho as I still have my thesis to write... I want to get this out of the way asap and then I can enjoy my holidays without feeling guilty :D
    @Queenarella
    So far I haven't seen any of my sims get into the crypt with just one locked door so hopefully I don't have that bug but if I do I'll have to add another locked door. It's so annoying that they mourn autonomously, if they didn't I wouldn't need to lock the door.

I can't really remember if Scylla has visited before. I want to say that she has but not for a long time. Her relationship with Galatea, Vlad and Caly isn't that high. I think they're not even friends :D oops. That's weird because Vlad and Caly both did the friend of the world aspiration so they both have the reward trait which means that your relationships don't decay over time. So the low relationship must just be because I didn't have them talk to her enough when she was at home. In fairness, she did spend most of her time trying to find microscope prints.

Probably Rowan's dog will run away all the time after I get his aspiration finished and the pet training skill maxed because then I'll just ignore it most of the time lol.

Took me a while to find the rock walls too, don't worry!

David Tennant was my favourite doctor :) but I can see how the Scottish accent can be a bit hard to understand.

Good luck with your thesis, I hope it goes well! I'm sure you'll come up with fun names, you always do :)
    edited August 2021
    @MaggieMarley
    The sims even mourn sims they don't know -.- So annoying!

Hm, hasn't she visited right after she moved out? I think I can remember some screenshots.

What aspiration does Rowan have? The pet one? That's such a hard aspiration!

Good to know I'm not the only blind one here :p I was wearing my glasses tho.

His accent is hard to understand but I LOVE accents like this :) I watch Peaky Blinders mainly because of the accents :D And Cilian Murphy is mwah too :p

Thank you :) The hardest part is usually to start it but then it's ok to write :) I won't have too many kids again... wait, I'll only have one last baby :o I need a super special name for that kid! Oh the pressure...

EDIT: I'll probably be lucky enough to have triplets THEN! :D
    @Queenarella
    All the mourning for sims they've met like once is super annoying!

I think she has visited since she moved out but not for ages now. I will have to invite her round some time. Maybe she'll come to the wedding I'm going to hold for Clemmie and her wife, Rowan and his wife and Oly and his husband :)

Rowan got the Strangerville aspiration but he completed it as a teen and I haven't given him a new one yet but I want him to do the pet one because he's a dog lover. I actually completed it for the first time in another save recently to test it out and you're right, it's really hard! But I'm going to put a lot trait on the house to make stray dogs come and visit to make it easier. You did that with the stray cats lot trait, didn't you?

I love accents too! I haven't watched Peaky Blinders but I think my brother does.

LOL well at least if you have triplets you won't have to raise them :D I look forward to seeing what you name your final child! I remember I wanted a good name for Vlad's hundredth child in my 100 baby so I know the feeling.
    @MaggieMarley
    They even mourn sims they've never met before! That's even more annoying.

It would be so nice to see Scylla again! :) And a triple wedding sounds awesome, too!

Good question, I think I did the stray cats lot trait because there were so many strange cats on the lot for some time :joy: It's really hard to befriend the pets tho... Breeding pets and selling them does not work, btw :sweat_smile:

For the German language I really love the Austrian dialect! It sounds so cool :D Oh Peaky Blinders is nice. I understand like 50% of what they say but it's cool :joy:

But then I'd need 3 epic names :joy: Luckily, all the kids in the current generation (last generation of kids I just noticed o.O) are still kids. Yes, all four are children. No idea how I managed that :sweat_smile:

I'll post a new chapter later :) ("I will post more than once a week now as I'm on holidays" blablabla. It's Saturday again and I haven't posted since last Saturday :joy: )
    And here it is! The new chapter :)

Chapter 8.7
    @Queenarella
    I remember you found that breeding and selling the pets didn't work! I don't think I'll have enough household slots for that anyway.

Now I need to see if I can tell the difference between a German and an Austrian accent... I'm guessing they probably sound very different to native speakers but I imagine I'd have trouble as I'm an ignorant English person lol. But in fairness a lot of people who aren't British struggle to tell Scottish from Irish accents or different accents within England.

Last generation of kids... Aww that's kinda sad. I can't wait to see what they look like as teens :)

Post whenever you get time/feel like it, it's your challenge!
    I hate that when they destroy the dollhouse you can't just click on it to replace it.

Mycroft is a cute kid. He's gonna be a handsome teen I just know it! Great eyebrows too :) OMG YES THE ERRATIC TRAIT!

Jim playing with Adrian, he's so evil already haha.

Aww Mabel's an elder. You're right, she's still pretty though.

I am so in awe of how you always manage to max all the toddler skills. I have done that in other saves but in my legacy I always get distracted with the older sims and end up neglecting the tots.

John is so precious! Suits the angelic trait.

I think elders only die if they woohoo twice in a row. At least I hope that's the case because I make my elders woohoo all the time and I don't want to lose them!

Jim is such a cute kid!!! Still my favourite. The geek trait is still a nice one and there's time for him to become erratic still...

Now I want to know your idea for your next founder :o

Never heard it before but I love the name Hobart!

LOL 'don't slap' :D
    @MaggieMarley
    I felt like a genius for coming up with that idea and then it didn't work lol

The thing with German is, these aren't accents but whole dialects :sweat_smile: The Austrian and Bavarian dialect are very similar (tho both dialects have tons of variations :joy: ). I watched the video of Moriarty again a few days ago and tried to listen carefully for his Irish accent. I failed :joy:

All four kids look a lot like their parents, iirc from looking at their adult forms in CAS. :) I'm a bit sad it'll be over soon but at the same time I can't wait to start the new one :D But yeah, I have 4 ideas for a founder now...

I would have time and feel like posting but I always forget :joy:

It literally takes seconds (so five sims hours) to repair it but still, soooo annoying!

Mycroft looks a lot like Kinsley, I'd say :) It's just so funny that the one character from the series that's the sanest, the most senisble one, gets the erratic trait in my legacy :joy:

I really hope Jim will get some mean traits. It's not that unlikely as Charlie has the mean trait.

Mabel is pretty but no one can come close to Adrian being an elder :sweat_smile:

I do it the other way around: I neglect the older sims and care for the toddlers mostly. That's why I could never travel anywhere with a toddler :sweat_smile:

Well, John is the one who hits people in the face in the series :D Sherlock included lol

Jim needs to become evil, mean, hot-headed or erratic. If not, I will be highly disappointed :'(

I have four ideas by now. And the latest one is kinda my favourite at the moment :D

The name Hobart sounds like Dudley from Harry Potter looks and acts like imo :sweat_smile:

@Queenarella
    I have decided that the pet aspiration is my least favourite of all the aspirations. It is so difficult! Mostly because when trying to make friends with strays they keep running off or there is a lot of standing around before your sim will actually interact with them. Never again (yes I have finished it in my legacy save now, really need to start writing the legacy chapters lol).

Haha well I guess we are equal if you have trouble detecting Moriarty's Irish accent and I would have difficulty discriminating the different German dialects.

I can't wait to find out who your next founder will be :)

Haha true erratic probably doesn't suit Mycroft the best, but it's still a great trait.

Do you use the legacy challenge official trait randomiser thing? I just use the in game randomiser because I found when using the official randomiser all the kids would share most of their traits (because they would inherit traits from their parents).

Adrian is a really hot elder!

I hope Jim turns out erratic. But maybe he'll have a hidden mean streak even if he doesn't get any of those traits ;)
    @MaggieMarley
    Don't feel bad about it! I love pets but I despise this aspiration. But congrats that you completed it! :)

I saw a video yesterday where a guy talks in a lot of different accents and the Irish accent he did (not Northern Irish, I know that one from Derry Girls, love the show :D ) didn't sound like Andrew Scott at all :sweat_smile: At least for me :D

Instead of narrowing it down to one founder I get more and more ideas :s

Out of the four boys it suits Mycroft the least :joy: But I'm happy I have the trait again :love:

I use the randomizer for the aspirations but since the randomizer in game was added I only use this one for the traits :)

It's crazy how young Adrian still looks :sweat_smile:

If I had to decide Jim's traits they would be erratic, evil and I'm not that sure about the last one. Maybe childish? Or genius? I'd go with genius as he's really smart to do all the crimes :D

I haven't started on your house yet but I'm almost done with my thesis! I just wanted it to be done before I get to know my next school (can be anywhere in Bavaria :bawling: ) in case I have to move... Today is the day where I get the information. I will be a bit busy this weekend (my birthday tomorrow and my family comes to visit. So I really need to clean more than perfectly because my grandma will see my flat for the first time :sweat_smile: ) but I will start on your house soon :)

But I will still have enough time to post a new chapter tomorrow :sweat_smile:
    edited August 2021
    @Queenarella
    I am so glad to have that one done now! I hope my next heir doesn't roll that aspiration...

OMG Derry Girls <3 love that show so much. Ohhh I will have to do a Derry Girls naming theme at some point, although it'd be a bit unfortunate if I only got boys lol.

For the aspirations, I number the ones in the game and use a random number generator to decide!

I bet Jim will end up with the good trait :D:p

Don't worry about it, you've been busy! I have actually played quite a bit of the legacy now (Rowan already has a baby now!) and since I started playing again the lag has been unbelievable. I was getting about 20 FPS (or less) the majority of the time and it was so slow and laggy that the game became unplayable. Even putting away all the collectibles and downsizing the garden didn't help. In the end, I had to replace the house :'( I replaced it with the premade house that is on that lot in Willow Creek when you start a new game (and added a crypt). The game has been playable since and the lag is less but I am still concerned that the game is more laggy than it should be and is going to get laggier as time goes on. I mean, there wasn't much lag when the family first moved into red brick manor (the house you built) and then over time the lag became unplayably bad. That could happen again with this smaller house... I may end up having to save everyone to my library and transfer them to a new save if things get worse.

Your houses are so much nicer than the premade ones so I would definitely love to have a house from you if/when you get time! But this is why in the mean time they're living in a boring premade house :( I just hope that if you make a new house for them, my game can handle it. I don't know what it is with this save, it's just extra laggy. I've got up to gen 15 in another save which I've been playing for years and don't have lag like this.
    @MaggieMarley
    As I will probalby start a new legacy soonish, I will have to do the aspiration again... I really don't feel like it. It's the hardest aspiration in this game :D Tho I heard outdoor enthusiast is awfully hard with Seasons too (have never tried that one!)

Derry Girls is sooooo funny! And their behaviour is so much more relatable than most teen shows imo ^^

Oh that's a nice idea as well! The trait generator needs all the parents' information so you have to type in sooooo much... :sweat_smile:

Jim will be such a disappointment :'( Kidding :D

The lag seems to get worse with every time you play! Hate that so much... The game was meant to be playable on most computers but that's less and less the case. I totally understand you had to replace the house and I really don't mind it. I will start on Monday with your new small house :) A lot of legacy players do this at some point. I was too lazy :#

Do you think it's connected to the lot? Maybe the big lot size causes extra lag? That's actually why I avoid playing on a 64x64 but no idea if that actually makes sense...
    @Queenarella
    It's a horrible aspiration though you'd think a pets based aspiration would be fun! Outdoor enthusiast wasn't too bad but yeah seasons does make it harder because you need to harvest various plants in Granite Falls but you can't do that when they're out of season. The main problem is that there can sometimes be a bug when one of the plants you need to harvest (fireleaf) only spawns as one plant which is unharvestable even in the correct season. I had to make Vlad remove all of the plants and wait for new ones to spawn in order to get a fireleaf plant which wasn't bugged and which I could actually harvest.

It's such a great show. I kept seeing it everywhere and decided to try it. Then I got hooked lol.

Yeah that's exactly why I don't use the trait generator for the aspirations, it is so time consuming :D

Haha I know that Jim is gonna be my favourite whatever traits he gets!

That's why I didn't pick a 64 X 64 lot either. I'm not sure if it's to do with the lot size because in another save I'm playing a family on a bigger lot without these issues. If the lag becomes unmanageable again I may try moving them to another lot because I'm sure that would be allowed as a bug fix. But if that fails too then I'll have to put them in a new save which really sucks. I'm just confused because when I first started playing the legacy again after Rowan's bachelor challenge it was mostly ok with patches of lag but then it just became lag the whole time. I don't know what changed :( could just be an issue with the save itself.

New chapter!
    Happy birthday!!!!

Not sure if you know this but for the cross stich, you can buy a cross stitch kit in build/buy and every time you want to do a new cross stitch you can click on that and choose what pattern you want to do. You still end up buying a new hoop but it's easier than buying each hoop individually in build/buy.

Did I effing stutter? LOL Jim is so funny. I haven't tried to have kids help out with cooking yet.

Haha Adonis also kept cross stitching by the edge of the pool and came close to freezing to death...

Bonehilda does push ups even though she has no muscles. Makes perfect sense!

When Adrian's hair turned red he didn't even look like an elder anymore :o

Charlie's face as he burns :D

That glitch where adult sims play with the toddler and the toddler just stays on the ground always amuses me. The toddlers just stand there looking kind of confused.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @Queenarella Happy (belated) Birthday :).
    I love that Kinsley was contemplating whether or not she was going to save Charlie :D.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
    @MaggieMarley
    The pet aspiration is one (if not the one) of the least liked aspirations for me. Haha, that's exactly what makes me scared of it :sweat_smile:

Netflix played the trailer over and over on the top page and it was kinda funny. Turns out the show is amazing :D

I might copy your system as it's waaay faster :p

As far as I remember you're allowed to move your family once within a save. But I'm sure no one would say anything if you moved them more than once for lag reasons. I've read in a lot of legacies that they had to start a new save with the family because of all the glitches, bugs and lag they had after some generations. Hm, yes, it sometimes feels like some saves run smoother than others.
    Thank you :)

Lol I did not know that :D Thank you! I will buy it next time I play.

That was the only time I've tried it. It was bugged. Of course.

Ah so it's a common thing. Charlie and Blue were also drawn towards the pool for knitting.

I didn't look at it that way :joy: Bonehilda is very special lol

I thought the exact same thing! Adrian looks sooooo young!

There might have been a bug with the fire because most of the sims - Charlie included - didn't really react to it :sweat_smile:

The glitch is funny but it's soooo old by now. Meaning, it hasn't been fixed in a loooong time -.-

@TwinkiesLA Thank you! :)
    That whole seen was so out of place :sweat_smile: I'm sure there was a bug or glitch going on as no one really reacted the usual way about the fire ^^