Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do people actually enjoy and or notice this "feature" with get famous?

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
So with the get famous expansion pack there is apparently a "feature" where if you make your own music and sell it to a producer it will play on the radio and sims will automatically change the station to it. however once the song is over the radio will shut off and you will have to turn it back on which is annoying to as every 5 min it seems like their song is playing on the radio and I am honestly curious if anyone actually enjoys this "feature" or even notices this.

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I have not tested that scenario yet but it wouldn't surprise me that no one ever noticed.
  • etoniaetonia Posts: 4 New Member
    If you sell the CDs of your music that are in your inventory, this won't happen anymore. I hate it, so those things always get sold from inventory the moment they're sent out into the world.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited September 2019
    I enjoy my sims hearing their own song on the radio - I never noticed it shutting off but my sims are such radio addicts they probably would turn it back on autonomously.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I played with it once and was annoyed with how pointless it was. It barely added any fame and there seemed to be no benefits to being under the contract of the record deal. It's cool to have your sims' songs randomly on the radio, but overall it's useless for me.

Easily a feature I'll never use again.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    etonia wrote: »
    If you sell the CDs of your music that are in your inventory, this won't happen anymore. I hate it, so those things always get sold from inventory the moment they're sent out into the world.

you know its funny i asked how to get rid of this "feature" when i first saw it and i was told go get a mod to get rid of it. i did not realize selling the music would stop that thank you :) its funny how no one mentioned it and was quick to say oh just find a mod for it.
    happyopi wrote: »
    I have not tested that scenario yet but it wouldn't surprise me that no one ever noticed.

well let me know if you find it happening.
    I played with it once and was annoyed with how pointless it was. It barely added any fame and there seemed to be no benefits to being under the contract of the record deal. It's cool to have your sims' songs randomly on the radio, but overall it's useless for me.

Easily a feature I'll never use again.

i do not like hearing the song on the radio because like i said after its played the radio gets turned off.
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I enjoy my sims hearing their own song on the radio - I never noticed it shutting off but my sims are such radio addicts they probably would turn it back on autonomously.

it would not be so bad if the radio did not turn off. but yeah you should pay attention next time tell if it happens with you that being said my sims never turn the radio back on -_-
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Whaaaaaat? I've wanted my sim to have an affair with Thorne Bailey (who is supposed to be someone who made money and fame off of music), but now I really want my sim to have an affair with Thorne Bailey.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    No, I do not enjoy this feature from GF. It’s incredibly annoying when their song interrupts the radio every few minutes and turns it off afterwards. Really when I think about it GF is actually a really annoying pack.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    I think the music career in GF has some potential but it should’ve been added in a singing pack rather than *this* pack
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    No, I do not enjoy this feature from GF. It’s incredibly annoying when their song interrupts the radio every few minutes and turns it off afterwards. Really when I think about it GF is actually a really annoying pack.

yeah its extremely annoying i agree and i am surprised and confused not more people are talking about this or even noticing. plus the reaction towards if you do not like it is request a mod if its not already been made and use that apparently.
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    iamoz96 wrote: »

yeah its extremely annoying i agree and i am surprised and confused not more people are talking about this or even noticing. plus the reaction towards if you do not like it is request a mod if its not already been made and use that apparently. or may even question why you are playing this game if you do not like something that is realaslistic and adds something to the game.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Didn't know it was a thing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't like it because for some reason it takes forever for the song to finish playing and usually my sims should be doing something else.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't mind if the sim plays their song but I really wish the radio resumed playing after. My sims are usually throwing a charity or dinner party when this happens and it annoys me.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I don't mind if the sim plays their song but I really wish the radio resumed playing after. My sims are usually throwing a charity or dinner party when this happens and it annoys me.

i also feel this way!

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    When my sims produced tracks and then played them on his dj boot on his house parties or in clubs, I did find it annoying that you have to keep the task running otherwise the music will stop playing, so it is not possible to let your sim do other things meanwhile. I also found it annoying that after the song is finished, the radios shuts off. That is what you mean right? They need to fix this and playing your own songs should not block your sim from doing other things and the music should keep playing after the song is over.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    awww sound like a great addition . I don't play GF I don't care of Celebrity stuffs it's boring me when a friend calls to see somebody famous in DSV. :/ I wanted it for DSV and for the items.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I love this feature. It is a little annoying that everyone goes and stands in front of the radio and that usually only or two songs play. But I think it's really cool and you get fame from it as well.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    The more you play them yourself, with the CDs with you, on public places where sims can listen, the more you get paid for them, I like that you can help influence that
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Yes, I am very aware of this feature. Also, if the artist doesn't keep up with the demand, he'll be summarily fired. The annoying thing about this feature, is the Sim who produced the piece will stop everything they are doing just to listen to it. Also, my Sim has yet to be nominated for the tune, which is played all over the place!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > Also, if the artist doesn't keep up with the demand, he'll be summarily fired.

Really?? Is it only for music production? I need to check this out :D

Personally I really like that small feature. I was so positively surprised when I saw it in game. I didn't really play with music production so it didn't get annoying for me ;)
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
    Yes, I am very aware of this feature. Also, if the artist doesn't keep up with the demand, he'll be summarily fired. The annoying thing about this feature, is the Sim who produced the piece will stop everything they are doing just to listen to it. Also, my Sim has yet to be nominated for the tune, which is played all over the place!

see i learned of a trick but it still sucks i have to do this most of the time. i can make my sim sell the cd.