The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and Retirement.

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
So, why can't my X centuries old Vampire retire? The game recognises them as a young adult, but they introduce themselves as elders... yeah, I get that. Why lock off retirement to Vampires?
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    @_natalie Imagine infinite retirement until you perish due to vampire vulnerability IF you have any lol. It should be doable but perhaps by design it is not.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I have thought about this more than once. It is possible to get around it to make YA vampires retired. CAS Fulleditmode them and turn them into elders. After that go into live mode and have them retire on their phone. Then go back into CAS and turn them back into young adults. You have your retired YA vampire. How I know this is because I’ve done it to normal sims lol.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @iamoz96 I'll give that a try, thanks!
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    @iamoz96 Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    @iamoz96 Have a work around for this?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2019
    For vampires it makes sense. They wouldn't want everyone to know they are immortal so they'd just have to quit.. (or fake their own death, move and procure a new identity.) :P

For actors the retirement fix was included in the pc june patch.. which we apparantly haven't got all of yet. So hopefully that'll be inlcuded in the next console patch. You can see what patches consoles have had here... https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/update-notes#updates-notes-console and then you can compare our notes to what patches the pc has to figure out how far behind we are. It's a fun little game called "Now why wasn't that included in our patch?"
    It'll be interesting to see if the Column patch will be included with this months console patch or if we'll have to wait another 1 or 2 months to get it.
  • alabuck3alabuck3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I added 1 point of Day Phobia to my vampire and i was wondering if it will add negatively to my job performance in the medical field and if it dos how do i remove the point??
  • jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    @alabuck3 A negative day phobia moodlet can be overcome by other positive moodlets, but if your sim learns Vampire Lore skill they can create a Draught of Reconfiguration at the bar to reset their powers & weaknesses.
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    alabuck3 wrote: »
    I added 1 point of Day Phobia to my vampire and i was wondering if it will add negatively to my job performance in the medical field and if it dos how do i remove the point??

my vampire has 2 points of day phobia, he is tense all day, I love it, he is so grumpy, he's a doctor and really a handful to work with that way :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited October 2019
    There is a mod you can use to retire young adults that I am sure could be used by your vampires. I don't know if it can be used for console game though.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    Console don't have access to mods, yet.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧