Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Book of Life

ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
Has anyone used this to bring back a sim? How does it work exactly? Does it bring them back as the same age they were when they died or when you recorded them in the book?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have done this once a quite a while back, and I think it will bring them back the same age group they were when they died. But they will be at the beginning of that age group.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have done this once a quite a while back, and I think it will bring them back the same age group they were when they died. But they will be at the beginning of that age group.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the answer. Was kind of hoping it would bring them back the age they were added to the book.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is a work around with the age. You can take them to CAS with cas.fulleditmode cheat turned on. Once you do that you'll be able to adjust their age.
  • Options
    There is a work around with the age. You can take them to CAS with cas.fulleditmode cheat turned on. Once you do that you'll be able to adjust their age.

Yeah, I have MCCC and can easily change Sim age. Even with the mods though I try not to use cheats to do things like that. I try to use the in game mechanics like potions, or just turning people into vampires that I don't want to age. I know, it's silly.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

Yeah, I have MCCC and can easily change Sim age. Even with the mods though I try not to use cheats to do things like that. I try to use the in game mechanics like potions, or just turning people into vampires that I don't want to age. I know, it's silly.

It's not silly at all - as cheats can backfire in the Sims and turn bad - so I think you are smart not to use cheats personally. I learned a long time ago - want to avoid trouble in the Sims - don't use cheats. They will eventually bite you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I didn't even know about the book of life. Where do you find it, on their bookshelves, or do they have to buy it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    I didn't even know about the book of life. Where do you find it, on their bookshelves, or do they have to buy it?

you need to be level 10 in writing and completed the best selling author aspiration before you get the option to write it on the computer, you then use the sim who wrote the book to write the life story of another sim. so their tale is written down. then when that sim dies, the one who wrote the book can summon that sim back from the dead.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

you need to be level 10 in writing and completed the best selling author aspiration before you get the option to write it on the computer, you then use the sim who wrote the book to write the life story of another sim. so their tale is written down. then when that sim dies, the one who wrote the book can summon that sim back from the dead.

Ahhh, thanks for that. I was just looking for it. Now I have a mission for this young sim :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Ahhh, thanks for that. I was just looking for it. Now I have a mission for this young sim :)

They've changed it now - after the dead has been summoned they have to read their own book, so they have to be added to the household first. Everything else is still the same though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

They've changed it now - after the dead has been summoned they have to read their own book, so they have to be added to the household first. Everything else is still the same though.

I was going from several sites on the matter, it seems they don't have completely accurate information and it isn't entirely surprising to read about that. sorry @February11 i wasn't looking to give you bad information.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

I was going from several sites on the matter, it seems they don't have completely accurate information and it isn't entirely surprising to read about that. sorry @February11 i wasn't looking to give you bad information.

Please don't think that I was implying that your info was inaccurate. I thought that maybe you weren't aware of the changes. I only knew because I happened to be researching the book of life myself the other day. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

This is starting to sound more complicated that I imagined. :/
  • Options

Please don't think that I was implying that your info was inaccurate. I thought that maybe you weren't aware of the changes. I only knew because I happened to be researching the book of life myself the other day. :)

No you are right to correct me on that to make sure Feb got correct information, thank you doing that. I just wanted to let Feb know that i didn't mean to mislead even if the information given was only half way accurate.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Another good thing with the book is that if a sim reads the book when they are alive, the sims need will go up (the sim recorded in the book).
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack