Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrities are really getting on my nerves.

It's a shame too because I really like the DLC.

I like the build items, clothing, and I really like the acting career.

However, the NPC Sim Celebrities are way too in your face! They are at every bar, night club, park, party event, coffee shop, and restaurant I visit. They're even standing around in front of my house! Then when someone calls my sim and says "Hey, there someone famous at the lounge! Want to go see?" NOOOOOO! I see them everywhere! Why would I take time out of my busy simming to go see someone I literally see everywhere???

Sorry, I suppose that was more of a rant. Hehe. Really though, if they could put a leash on those celebs, it would be much appreciated.

Happy simming! :)

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, I would like a break from celebrities showing up randomly in Forgotten Hollow. Though they do make a good snack... No, get rid of the annoying celebs that should be a rare occurance outside of Del Sol Valley.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yes, I would like a break from celebrities showing up randomly in Forgotten Hollow. Though they do make a good snack... No, get rid of the annoying celebs that should be a rare occurance outside of Del Sol Valley.

Yes, it should be very rare.

You did give me an idea though. I'm currently playing a spellcaster and have yet to test out a spell I learned called inferniate. >:)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I thought that was supposed to have been fixed a while ago. Well, that's disappointing to hear. :'(
  • Options
    zirizezirize Posts: 15 Member
    I used to be annoyed by celebrities,too. Now all of my sims have simrays, which can make them sleep or frozen.

Problem solved. Happy casual life again.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    A lot trait to keep them from showing up would be nice. I find them most annoying at restaurants.
  • Options

I thought that was supposed to have been fixed a while ago. Well, that's disappointing to hear. :'(

Definitely not fixed. They are everywhere. It's especially annoying when they show up to a night club or somewhere with music and everyone is drooling all over them and even the DJ stops playing music. They completely interrupt normal game play.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It would be really nice if they would just stay in Del Sol Valley and not appear anywhere else. I cringe every time I see a celebrity incite cheers.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    A lot trait to keep them from showing up would be nice. I find them most annoying at restaurants.

Yeah, that would be nice. That or have a lot trait designating celebrity spots only. Then I might even build a nice big celebrity club.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It would be really nice if they would just stay in Del Sol Valley and not appear anywhere else. I cringe every time I see a celebrity incite cheers.

Oh, yeah. The jumping up and down with their arms out like complete tools.

Next time I see that they're getting a fire ball >:)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Definitely agree. I actually disabled Get Famous for this very reason.
  • Options
    Where the lots that don't have Celebrity Home,Hottest Spot in Town or Up-and-Coming Hotspot lot traits, NPC celebrities should visit with disguise like IRL.
  • Options
    zirize wrote: »
    Where the lots that don't have Celebrity Home,Hottest Spot in Town or Up-and-Coming Hotspot lot traits, NPC celebrities should visit with disguise like IRL.

That would probably be ideal.
  • Options
    > @Arzekial said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That would probably be ideal.

I should include one more. The lot with social or scheduled events related celebrities, celebrities can appear without disguise.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've noticed that new ones seldom spawn, so after the first generation dies out I've seen very few. But I rarely play the acting career & have removed all the celebrity lot traits, so that may be why.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    I know that not everyone is comfortable using mods, but I found LittleMsSam's "Gender & More" custom lot trait incredibly helpful. With it you can choose to ban celebrities, fans and paparazzi from any lot and they won't show up there. You can also use it to ban pretty much any other type of sim, so you can really customize who autonomously goes to what lot. For example, if you want a teens only hang-out, you can ban all the other age groups.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412863403/gender-more-custom-lot-trait-this-mod-adds-a
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I know that not everyone is comfortable using mods, but I found LittleMsSam's "Gender & More" custom lot trait incredibly helpful. With it you can choose to ban celebrities, fans and paparazzi from any lot and they won't show up there. You can also use it to ban pretty much any other type of sim, so you can really customize who autonomously goes to what lot. For example, if you want a teens only hang-out, you can ban all the other age groups.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412863403/gender-more-custom-lot-trait-this-mod-adds-a

Im going to piggyback off your suggestion and add that the Road to Fame mod has lot traits that keep celebrities away I believe. I played with it a few times but have been exploring a different storyline so my memory could be off
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    IRL? Same.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2019
    That's why they gave us RoM, to kick their plum. Jk, they don't really bother me that much, but it is in fact weird that they show up everywhere
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    IRL? Same.

LOL, I ain't ever seen a celebrity show up to the restaurants I go to in my little town.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In my game they are like rats, everywhere. They should be confined to Valley del Sol unless making a rare special appearance at some venue. Allied with this are the reactions to them. They are way over the top stupid, including 'attempt introduction'. I've met several genuine celebrities over the years, including Hollywood types, and what goes on is what one would expect - normal social interactions among normal people.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    In my game they are like rats, everywhere. They should be confined to Valley del Sol unless making a rare special appearance at some venue. Allied with this are the reactions to them. They are way over the top stupid, including 'attempt introduction'. I've met several genuine celebrities over the years, including Hollywood types, and what goes on is what one would expect - normal social interactions among normal people.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I don't know how many times a celebrity has knocked on my door and you can't even introduce yourself. On the rare occasion they will, but usually they will just read a book, eat your food, watch TV or hop on the computer. It's ridiculous. If they are visiting you at your home you should definitely be able to introduce yourself. So, I usually just let them stand at the front door until they leave. Is that good gaming? No, that doesn't even make sense. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this stuff is absurd.

Edit: I just wanted to add - I know it seems like I complain a lot, but it's because I really like this game. I mean, I've racked up like 6k hours in the game if that means anything. I just hate seeing nonsensical content added when I know they can create a more immersive experience. It wouldn't kill the game if it were a little more edgy either lol
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    Definitely agree. I actually disabled Get Famous for this very reason.

I'd probably do that if I didn't enjoy the acting career so much. It's pretty fun :)
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    OMG yes, they ARE everywhere. They did tone down everyones reaction though, it used to be way worse than a nightmare when one showed up. And they always did.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    It's a shame too because I really like the DLC.

I like the build items, clothing, and I really like the acting career.

However, the NPC Sim Celebrities are way too in your face! They are at every bar, night club, park, party event, coffee shop, and restaurant I visit. They're even standing around in front of my house! Then when someone calls my sim and says "Hey, there someone famous at the lounge! Want to go see?" NOOOOOO! I see them everywhere! Why would I take time out of my busy simming to go see someone I literally see everywhere???

Sorry, I suppose that was more of a rant. Hehe. Really though, if they could put a leash on those celebs, it would be much appreciated.

Happy simming! :)

Strange. Celebrities should only be found at selected places at selected times and they should always have bodyguards and a personal assistant for most of that. They shouldn't be doing what you suggest.

If they did that in real life, i'd be able to meet the likes of racing drivers, certain actors and other high profile celebrities out and about. Most Fans would be lucky to have a chance in encounter with one let alone all the time.

I've only ever met two people in my time who are famous, one is a politician, a local MP who sits in Commons (and i won't give a name as it points to a location) and the other was a well known historical presenter, Julian Richards. he did Meet the Ancestors. Both had bodyguards and a personal assistant with them and you couldn't talk to either of them unless they allowed it and even then, their time with you is limited to a handshake or a few comments before the celebrity would move on.

Reads like something that needs an overhaul as i don't have this celebrity pack.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Are they not mostly frequenting hot spots? I thought there are lot traits to control this? I didn't have this problem in my game, I think it's balancing quite well.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg