Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Aren't Doing Anything...

There are some moments where my sims will just be standing idly as if I have autonomy off. I only have it off for the selected sim, but I rarely switch over to the other sims. I have a sim right now who is on the verge of passing out and he's not doing a single thing. No simulation lag, no actions are queued up... The only way to fix it is to keep resetting them and it's getting tiring.
IMG-6587.gif

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    Download the latest game update?

They sometimes will fix/alter things that are not included in the patch notes.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yeah, I get this a lot too especially when they are gonna interact with a pet or animal.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Download the latest game update?

They sometimes will fix/alter things that are not included in the patch notes.

My game is all updated
    IMG-6587.gif
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, I get this a lot too especially when they are gonna interact with a pet or animal.

Yeah, I'm having this issue too. This topic should have been posted at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4, though.

Edit: And I only started having this issue today.
    Post edited by DrewRowland on

Yeah, I'm having this issue too. This topic should have been posted at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4, though.

Edit: And I only started having this issue today.

Yeah, I'm gonna post it there too if someone hasn't already. For me, it started after the patch
    IMG-6587.gif
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @sproot your Sim in your signature looks like Eric Liddell :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oh that happened to me today. I thought I had autonomy off but when I checked it was on. I guess they broke something in the mini update.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I had that issue with one of my Sims while he was exploring the jungle from Jungle Adventure. He got caught on fire and no matter what I told him to do he wouldn't move. I had to reset the game to fix it.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've noticed this too. Simulation lag has always been a problem with the sims 4 but recently it seems to be becoming a bigger issue, I've found the only way to snap them out of it is to either reset them or pause the game and then unpause it, it seems to wake the game up a little.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I have this issue and now dead silence. There was a time when my Sims would always talk at the dinner table or watching TV but either ROM or the patch has killed the social.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm having issues with my sims not doing anything as well.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    When it happens, I've found, save the game and go to edit neighborhood. Then go back to the sim. It wakes them up. If they start echoing, it's best to exit game and start again. After hours of game play, it starts to lag. Reboot.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    When it happens, I've found, save the game and go to edit neighborhood. Then go back to the sim. It wakes them up. If they start echoing, it's best to exit game and start again. After hours of game play, it starts to lag. Reboot.

That's like a lot of work. My solution is just close the game and don't open it again. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Like, quit?
    I'm relieved to hear that you guys are experiencing this as well! I was worried that maybe it was a mod, but my mods are all updated. I posted about this on the Answers HQ page as well.

Haha, it's actually Malcom Landgraab! :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member

I can usually get mine going by just clicking on the "manage worlds" icon and then canceling. But other times I have to save and go to manage worlds and then go back in.

I've noticed also that I have this problem more when everyone's home (I currently have a six sim, two cat household) than when the kids are at school or adults at work.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    sproot wrote: »
    There are some moments where my sims will just be standing idly as if I have autonomy off. I only have it off for the selected sim, but I rarely switch over to the other sims. I have a sim right now who is on the verge of passing out and he's not doing a single thing. No simulation lag, no actions are queued up... The only way to fix it is to keep resetting them and it's getting tiring.

I've noticed this as well. They will just stand there like they are glitching out.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That's like a lot of work. My solution is just close the game and don't open it again. 😂
    Oh how I miss having a LOL button.
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    sproot wrote: »
    I'm relieved to hear that you guys are experiencing this as well! I was worried that maybe it was a mod, but my mods are all updated. I posted about this on the Answers HQ page as well.

Haha, it's actually Malcom Landgraab! :D

Liddell was known for throwing his head back when running, but not that far back!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm having this issue, they stand their with their arms sorta out. Usually it resolves after a while and two or three times resetting them but 2x I had to exit and lost my save progress as the full game ended up freezing after the sim did.

So far it's mainly happened when they are interacting with their pets or the pet is nearby for me.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have a bug in my game where all the sims on a lot will freeze up if any sim does serenade. I wonder if this is what's affecting others as well.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My alien sim has frozen a few times in the last couple of days while doing random things. Once was after coming out of the shower and another after checking the babies. I cancelled the tasks in her queue, and all was fine again.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My alien sim has frozen a few times in the last couple of days while doing random things. Once was after coming out of the shower and another after checking the babies. I cancelled the tasks in her queue, and all was fine again.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    i've seen this happen but only when someone is mentoring another sim doing homework and someone else comes along and talks to the sim doing their homework and then literally everything stops like everyone saw 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kill a guy with a teacup or john wick with a pencil, totally entranced until i have to find the sim talking and end the conversation and then everything goes back to normal, with or without mods it is the same and has been there since i started playing TS4.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Atleast they seem to stay hydrated. But I've also had times where my Sims stopped taking care of themselves, and just stand there until everything go red.
    You're Breathtaking!