Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why give us her name if she isnt even in the game?

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
Aine is not in the gallery, not one of the NPCs or unplayed households, she doesn't exist and I just find it bizarre they went out of their way to give us a name for her when she's not even available in game. I'm really annoyed that we have no way to replace the gross sages they've stuck us with, when I use full edit mode and go into the gallery to replace them, they lose sage status and another ridiculous NPC takes their place. A function that allows us to assign sims NPC roles is sorely needed in the game.

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I have my sages replaced just by editing them?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

I don't want to just edit them, I want to use the ones people have already placed in the gallery that look exactly like the trailer sages. I'm not the best at recreating Sims into others, they end up looking off.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't know if answering a question on twitter counts as going out of their way to tell us her name but I agree, she should've been either in the game at launch or added to the gallery by now.

The Sages being different is a whole different kinda mess-up (I remade mine in one save & will do so in any other saves because it bugs me to no end that they're not the ones I expected.) and definitely should not have happened. I'm also surprised I didn't see it brought up during the gameplay livestream but then I didn't pay attention to them then either :/
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    mika wrote: »

I don't want to just edit them, I want to use the ones people have already placed in the gallery that look exactly like the trailer sages. I'm not the best at recreating Sims into others, they end up looking off.

.....I did this...?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

.....I did this...?

Doesn't work for me. They just randomize a new sim to be a sage, and the one I replace ends up with the homeless
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Since editing them in CAS favorites them, you have to unset them as favorites after you finish (and that has to be done before you load up into the world.) Otherwise they'll end up as townies.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I edited them by clicking on them after I put in the full edit cheat. Not manage world. They stayed sages for me.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member

I've been really disappointed that they haven't uploaded ANY sims to the gallery with this pack. Usually we get something with each release. I'm even more disappointed that Aine is missing. She was kind of our first introduction to magic in TS4 and she was also super cool! I saw a few fan arts of her for goodness sake! There's demand!

Where's our lost Sage(s), EA?

#JusticeForAine
    Cupid wrote: »
    Since editing them in CAS favorites them, you have to unset them as favorites after you finish (and that has to be done before you load up into the world.) Otherwise they'll end up as townies.

This worked, thank you !
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I agree, bring back the original Sage.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Okay, here is a thing about release trailers, gameplay trailers and other sneak-peeks into pending content: they show how things are at that stage of development. Why do we have the Sages we have, and not what we saw? Who knows?

Why is it a big deal? You want that Sim? Make her. She's probably all put together out of presets.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    If you add a sim the trait for the sages and set him unplayed and homeless right after you can choose your sages
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Okay, here is a thing about release trailers, gameplay trailers and other sneak-peeks into pending content: they show how things are at that stage of development.
    Huh. Why do we have Morgyn, Grace and Tomax then? They look pretty developed to me.
    Why do we have the Sages we have, and not what we saw? Who knows?
    Who cares? Why don't we have the other sages?
    Why is it a big deal? You want that Sim? Make her.
    No. lol Why should we make sims which are already existing? Why didn't they add them in the first place or simply uploaded them to the gallery? Takes far less time than recreating them.
    Post edited by puderosasims on
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Okay, here is a thing about release trailers, gameplay trailers and other sneak-peeks into pending content: they show how things are at that stage of development.
    Huh. Why do we have Morgyn, Grace and Tomax then? They look pretty developed to me.
    Why do we have the Sages we have, and not what we saw? Who knows?
    Who cares? Why don't we have the other sages?
    Why is it a big deal? You want that Sim? Make her.
    No. lol Why should we make sims which are already existing? Why didn't they they add them or simply uploaded them to the gallery? Takes far less time than recreating them.

I'd also like to add that some people (me) are terrible with cas, so recreating isn't a viable option. Plus, it's just nice to have the "official" version for some of us. Premades are a big part of the game for me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What are the sage's other outfits? What do they wear to a party or in winter?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Aine is not in the gallery, not one of the NPCs or unplayed households, she doesn't exist and I just find it bizarre they went out of their way to give us a name for her when she's not even available in game. I'm really annoyed that we have no way to replace the gross sages they've stuck us with, when I use full edit mode and go into the gallery to replace them, they lose sage status and another ridiculous NPC takes their place. A function that allows us to assign sims NPC roles is sorely needed in the game.

agreed.
    they keep doing this, annoying, all those missing club members from get together :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What are the sage's other outfits? What do they wear to a party or in winter?

I capped them all here!