Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Build: Mystics Manor

PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Welcome to the progress thread for my massive Victorian era build inspired by the magic and mysticism of Realm of Magic. As I work from room to room I'll add snaps of the interiors, as well as further exterior work to come.

I first started with the front facade as I had a rough idea of how I wanted the house to look. Inspired by the Winchester Mystery House , I knew I wanted both the exterior and interior to have a higgledy-piggledy appearance, as though the manor owners had added more and more rooms as the years went on. I have a list of rooms I definitely want to include in the build, so I'll be building backward from the facade and that will dictate the layout of the manor.

EXTERIOR
This is a bird's eye view of the exterior progress to far (I'll update this image periodically as the build expands).
biV69tq.jpg
Post edited by PixelNest on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have set up a WIP thread for your Mystic Manor build :) It will be lovely seeing the updates
    It is a lovely Victorian Manor home :) Very nice exterior design, dormers, and the towers and roofing are lovely! Very elegant glass roof section !
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    THE DRAWING ROOM
    In a Victorian manor home the Drawing Room was essentially the "relaxed" version of the Parlour Room. It was a place to more informally entertain guests. For Mystics Manor I imagined it as a place the lady of the manor would regularly use, so I wanted it to very much have a feminine vibe. Lots of pink ensued, along with girly flourished such as floral arrangements and delicate patterns. In each room of the house I want to keep the lighting pretty subdued as the bright house lights we have today did not exist in the late 1800s.
    frUTGoB.jpg
    K7Fv57W.jpg
    5CQCEBh.jpg
    Post edited by PixelNest on
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you have set up a WIP thread for your Mystic Manor build :) It will be lovely seeing the updates
    It is a lovely Victorian Manor home :) Very nice exterior design, dormers, and the towers and roofing are lovely! Very elegant glass roof section !

Thank you so much! I figured it was better setting up a dedicated thread than keep spamming the new builds post :)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    THE LIBRARY AND THE STUDY
    The two story library is my favourite room in the house so far. Downstairs is a seating area gathered around a grand fireplace. A sized down archway from Get Famous work fantastically as a surround. Upstairs I added decorative objects to the spaces in the bookshelves to break up the repeated objects along each wall. With the view that the library would be more of the man-of-the-house domain, I kept the colour scheme dark and masculine.
    7NTMfDu.jpg
    XrpP1vV.jpg
    FIb45Xw.jpg
    Across the hall from the library upper level is the study, also dark and masculine.
    YgXNknv.jpg
    r19Hcje.jpg
    i3R4ceA.jpg
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Gorgeous work throughout - so many details, so much beauty that I'm speechless <3<3<3
  • Options
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Gorgeous work throughout - so many details, so much beauty that I'm speechless <3<3<3

Thank you for such a lovely compliment, you've made my day :)
  • Options
    The drawing room is very pretty! :) Very lovely wall pattern, ceiling lights and curtains! The vases of flowers and pink and brown colour scheme are pretty! Very lovely two level library! The rich brown wall paneling is very nice! The archway fireplace is lovely! Very nice sitting area in front of the fire, Very nice upper level walls of bookcases! The design and colour scheme of the study are very nice!
    Each room you have posted is lovely! :) Very special and detailed furnishings, colours and wall pattens/panelling !
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    THE FORMAL DINING ROOM
    I'm aiming to have two dining rooms in the manor; one formal and one informal for when the owners aren't entertaining. Off the formal dining room is a staff room where the basement kitchen sends food up via the dumb waiter. This dumb waiter system extends to the second floor so staff can also furnish the informal dining with meals. I knew I wanted a rich red wallpaper in this room, so I made the chairs teal to make sure they popped.
    K0DmzRR.jpg
    ep2qPZt.jpg
  • Options
    Very beautiful formal dining room! :) The red and brown wall panelling, the long dining table with pretty flowers and candles in between, the framed wallart and the teal dining chairs are very lovely!
  • Options
    TVRM98TVRM98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I just wanted to say how gorgeous this looks. I have just gotten onto the forums here to see more things like this. I generally build antebellum American or fine Victorian or Edwardian homes so I look forward to seeing what others do, and these shots are simply gorgeous!
  • Options
    bananasims10bananasims10 Posts: 21 Member
    Sul, sul !

In one word : fantastic...
    ✔️ YouTube ➡️ https://bit.ly/3339TBy
    ✔️ Instagram ➡️ bananasims10
    ✔️ Twitter ➡️ bananasims10