Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I prefer having a short time between telling simmers about the pack and then releasing it.

Still remember the release of City Living. When we finally got it I pretty much felt done with it. I was still hyped but it had mellowed quite. Now I just want to jump in and play.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I just wish that the little details of what would be included get leaked, all those sites just boast about themselves😒
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I just wish that the little details of what would be included get leaked, all those sites just boast about themselves😒

I think they don’t have any details yet, just like us.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

All they know is they get to sell it. Most retailers don't know anything about any of their products, just that they sell it and it costs x amount of $$$
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

By the way, Sims Community finally posted about the Dutch websites selling the pack on twitter. Half the people commenting are excited University lovers and the other half are being pessimistic that the pack will be a let down. So the usual lol.

By the way, Sims Community finally posted about the Dutch websites selling the pack on twitter. Half the people commenting are excited University lovers and the other half are being pessimistic that the pack will be a let down. So the usual lol.

Cool! The comments are just like here, then :D.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited October 2019
    Woot! Woot! Woot! I just aged up a teen from another household and moved him in with one of my families. He has the "Athlete" aspiration -- not Bodybuilder, this is different. The first leg of the aspiration is "Settling In." Among his tasks are: "Get to Know Roommate" and "Sleep the first night." Sounds like first night in the dorm to me.

Sorry guys, As @bizuktag points out below, the Athlete aspiration is part of the tutorial.
    Post edited by MVWdeZT on
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Woot! Woot! Woot! I just aged up a teen from another household and moved him in with one of my families. He has the "Athlete" aspiration -- not Bodybuilder, this is different. The first leg of the aspiration is "Settling In." Among his tasks are: "Get to Know Roommate" and "Sleep the first night." Sounds like first night in the dorm to me.
    Really I hope University is next otherwise why have those 2 aspirations?

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

Looking at the code around this aspiration, I think it's part of the tutorial stuff they added to the game. There's a lot of code in there related to it, and I'd be really surprised if they added that much University coding into the game by default.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

Looking at the code around this aspiration, I think it's part of the tutorial stuff they added to the game. There's a lot of code in there related to it, and I'd be really surprised if they added that much University coding into the game by default.

You're right. I've never done anything with the tutorial, but I checked and Athlete is one of the aspirations. It changes to Bodybuilder when you leave the tutorial. I'm surprised that didn't happen for my Sim, but he might have Bodybuilder when I go back to the game.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    You're right. I've never done anything with the tutorial, but I checked and Athlete is one of the aspirations. It changes to Bodybuilder when you leave the tutorial. I'm surprised that didn't happen for my Sim, but he might have Bodybuilder when I go back to the game.

I've never used the tutorial either, but yeah, maybe it will have changed when you go back? I don't know how it works. Either way I'm hoping University is coming next ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I found a pre-order on a Dutch website: https://livekaarten.nl/the-sims-4-discover-university-dlc-pc/afd-google-shopping/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRWw7ycdsKkeuV_wFOAIGAE0ryLknV4UVk0m8P-t00fh2kPW0ObOeqDhoC8b8QAvD_BwE

It’s obvious that the picture and title are placeholders. However, the site is legit and I have ordered games from them before.

Edit: found another Dutch website and a Norse website with the same pre-order date! And I chatted with one their helpdesk employees and they confirmed it is university-themed!
    I’ve been waiting for something like a leak for so long now. I hope this really means something then, I’m think maybe next week they’ll announce something
    Edit: those are TS3 sims though 😩 probably took whatever picture to have a placeholder.

I can't wait to see the actual coverart once this pack is confirmed.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I found a pre-order on a Dutch website: https://livekaarten.nl/the-sims-4-discover-university-dlc-pc/afd-google-shopping/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRWw7ycdsKkeuV_wFOAIGAE0ryLknV4UVk0m8P-t00fh2kPW0ObOeqDhoC8b8QAvD_BwE

It’s obvious that the picture and title are placeholders. However, the site is legit and I have ordered games from them before.

Edit: found another Dutch website and a Norse website with the same pre-order date! And I chatted with one their helpdesk employees and they confirmed it is university-themed!
    I’ve been waiting for something like a leak for so long now. I hope this really means something then, I’m think maybe next week they’ll announce something
    Edit: those are TS3 sims though 😩 probably took whatever picture to have a placeholder.

I can't wait to see the actual coverart once this pack is confirmed.

Me too! I loved the IL cover art. So realistic haha
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School

The surveys got :
    University:
    Strive for academic excellence! Women’s clubs and fraternities, secret societies and sports clubs can help you build strong professional relationships, but only if you have your diploma! Choose a specialty follow the course and write memory, all in harmony with an active social life.
    University - Send your sims off to University!
    Explore the University campus and decide whether your Sims are going to study to ace their exams or spend their days partying it up.
    Sims can also pledge fraternities and sororities and try to become members of these prestigious organizations.

rpdj0i10.jpg

When i read The Sims 4 On Campus, I can only think of a re-use of the club system for the cliques (so basically not new) and the rest is just a different explanation of things we can already do in the game. Worst part is that they even keep repeating them.
    I am worried.. honestly.

I know this was a survey thing, but this is what EA does. Not actually bringing us new gameplay, but re-naming existing animations.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ok guys wait, I checked another Dutch website with a rating of 4.9 on trustpilot and there was a little description under the product which gave away some details.

Now this description is clearly written by someone who manages the website, but it did talk about some things the EP would contain of.
    I do not understand why these things would be false on a website like this. It is however very interesting. I can translate if someone is interested ;)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Ok guys wait, I checked another Dutch website with a rating of 4.9 on trustpilot and there was a little description under the product which gave away some details.

Now this description is clearly written by someone who manages the website, but it did talk about some things the EP would contain of.
    I do not understand why these things would be false on a website like this. It is however very interesting. I can translate if someone is interested ;)

TELL US PLEASE
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member

YES PLEASE TELL
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Oh wow. The same thing happened with Island Living before it was revealed.

The one on GameSync? Because they have a pre-order option now, too!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

This is never a question you need to ask. ;) The site I saw only said: "Experience what it is like to visit a university
    Keep busy with studying and all other activities at the university." Nothing that we don't already know, so I hope that your info has more details.
    edited October 2019
    Found this from one of the sites. https://www.gamivo.com/product/the-sims-4-discover-university?npr=1&adm=1&currency=usd&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpSr7bGj5QIVAmKGCh1FOg3tEAkYAyABEgJJHPD_BwE
    I highly doubt it’s real. Murals came in CL, as did protests. Bowling has its own pack and simburgers? They just call them regular burgers too
    “Are your Sims ready for the time of their lives?

Heading off to university opens up new opportunities, from social connections to career growth.

From class activities to major-specific objects, your Sim will find new ways to learn!

And the university isn’t just about hitting the books. Join a protest, flirt at a bonfire party—there’s a lot to learn outside of lectures at the student union.

With new locations like the bowling alley and SimBurger to explore, and new activities like juice pong and spray painting murals to enjoy, your Sims are sure to have the time of their lives!”
    Found this from one of the sites. https://www.gamivo.com/product/the-sims-4-discover-university?npr=1&adm=1&currency=usd&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpSr7bGj5QIVAmKGCh1FOg3tEAkYAyABEgJJHPD_BwE
    I highly doubt it’s real. Murals came in CL, as did protests. Bowling has its own pack and simburgers? They just call them regular burgers too

Heading off to university opens up new opportunities, from social connections to career growth.

From class activities to major-specific objects, your Sim will find new ways to learn!

And the university isn’t just about hitting the books. Join a protest, flirt at a bonfire party—there’s a lot to learn outside of lectures at the student union.

With new locations like the bowling alley and SimBurger to explore, and new activities like juice pong and spray painting murals to enjoy, your Sims are sure to have the time of their lives!”

This was word for word the Sims 3 University.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_University_Life

So it's real, just the wrong game. Probably a place holder for TS4 later.
    Camkat wrote: »

😵😵 bowling came in UL for TS3? I don’t remember, makes sense then that it is a placeholder
    Camkat wrote: »

😵😵 bowling came in UL for TS3? I don’t remember, makes sense then that it is a placeholder

Right?! Hahah I don't actually remember it either, but then I didn't have TS3 uni, I skipped that one. I didn't have bowling in my game either back then... *hmmm* The bowling alley line was what made me suspicious though and look for that link. We already have a bowling stuff pack for TS4 so they wouldn't be adding it to another pack. Who knows with them lately though, maybe they actually would.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We got the bowling alley, coffee shop and comic book store. Each was geared towards one of the social groups that your sim was forced into.