Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 University: Would you prefer a traditional closed-campus, or a campus woven into a city?

I've never had a University EP before, but from my understanding, the university world has always been just the campus, a suburban/small town-type campus. What if they made the world for the Sims 4 version a city, with lots that non-students could live on and visit, as well as student/faculty-only lots?

Would you like for your sims to have a city college experience, or would you prefer they had a traditional, suburban, closed campus world?

Sims 4 University: Would you prefer a traditional closed-campus, or a campus woven into a city? 192 votes

Traditional Campus - I would prefer a suburban, small-town, or rural campus world
35%
rudy8292brackencat31alexspoom13alan650111aprilroseimhappyMi9shaoscarWritin_Regsam123Isb917BrokenChaos69SimQueenie9IrdiwenAnmirlaThetfordrobyngravesAeroprincess87R0bertaelelunicybrookiepeoples 69 votes
City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
32%
icmnfrshKita5399MadameLeestoryyyouilivefor92PlayerSinger2010SimburianVageniusalanmichael1SxcDannii202AngellulusekojranaKalaniCoolCAF84determigJerrellosimmietimedavina1221KhrisstyneBabykittyjade 62 votes
A Different Kind of Campus - Maybe a blend of the above? Something entirely different?
31%
DannydanboWedDJQ1308Elegantblkchina1JnyxJestTrufruitsbasket101loubyloulougoodcakebaker62isaiahzayDarcVader1KiaraSims4ModsAwkwardAquaHimRumiHestiaSimChic1taydevphantasmkissmmb_abrIvyeyed 61 votes

Comments

• City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
    I think the city campus would be cool if we get a University pack for the Sims 4 because the world could be useful for university gameplay, as well as other stories. Also, I think it would be nice to have another city world, and it could be very different than San Myshuno (we have cities like NYC, Tokyo, and London to take inspiration from)
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Traditional Campus - I would prefer a suburban, small-town, or rural campus world
    I prefer a traditional campus, not that one useable outside of gameplay wouldn't be good, but I feel like a world purely dedicated to university would mean the team will be able to fully cater it to that gameplay. At the end of the day though, I don't mind so long as we actually get University.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
    I love a lot of lots to build on.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'd like to see a more traditional campus. I honestly wouldn't want to see non students or my sim that I playing in college run into his/her parents or family members that weren't students. For me it would kind of take away the whole "going away to college" feel.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    A Different Kind of Campus - Maybe a blend of the above? Something entirely different?
    I'm going to say other because I'd ideally like there to be an option of a couple of universities to choose from with each within their own world. That's way too much for me to hope for, I know, but either way I'd like to see a balance between city and traditional.
  • City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
    I'm going to say other because I'd ideally like there to be an option of a couple of universities to choose from with each within their own world. That's way too much for me to hope for, I know, but either way I'd like to see a balance between city and traditional.

This is a cool idea!

The most realistically feasible way I could see them doing this is if each university/college is in a different neighborhood in the same world, with a central, downtown-type neighborhood with community lots. So the world would be a college town with students dressed in different school colors and interests walking about.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I voted traditional mostly because I want them to focus on building a world that gives the most university gameplay possible. The University worlds haven't always been strictly campus, OP; TS3's university world had a handful of community lots. I think TS4 could do the same: one neighborhood for dorms, one for university buildings, one for Greek houses/private accommodation, and one with a few cafes/bars/restaurants.

Given the worlds they've been providing in the last few packs, I don't think anything more than that is feasible.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I'd be okay with the actual "campus" being a kind of special lot your sims visit active-career style. Especially if, in place of a build-a-world, they have some pre-made campuses, but then you can also do as many build-a-schools as you like. Like with lot types, they'd have minimums for what needs to be included for gameplay to actually work. But you could do what you like otherwise, and customize what the schools education focuses on or whether it's private or public or requires tuition.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Please don't trap me on the campus I don't want to go to class with my Sims. I did that with TS3 and it was a NIGHTMARE.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I voted traditional mostly because I want them to focus on building a world that gives the most university gameplay possible. The University worlds haven't always been strictly campus, OP; TS3's university world had a handful of community lots. I think TS4 could do the same: one neighborhood for dorms, one for university buildings, one for Greek houses/private accommodation, and one with a few cafes/bars/restaurants.

Given the worlds they've been providing in the last few packs, I don't think anything more than that is feasible.

I'd like them to focus on building a world that gives us the most gameplay as well. The breakdown you mentioned for the neighborhoods would be cool.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A urban campus is closer to the reality of uni here.
    I used to live in a city that had 2 major university campuses in the CBD, plus smaller ones dotted around. Dorms aren't on campus, they're in the city, some of the students live in share houses or flats in the city, or in the surrounding suburbs, or at home with their folks.

I think a concept like this could be utilised nicely for those of us who want our sims to live at home, and commute, but also for those who want their sims to move on campus, and live 'the dorm experience'
    It creates a much more versatile set of options.
    You could have a young family, with toddlers or kids, and the parents be studying at uni.

Not everyone wants an american style uni, not everyone wants dorms, greek houses, cheerleaders, and mascots. It's time they made a more versatile, diverse, and global concept, more options means more gameplay, more different ways to play the game, more ways to make it personal.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I wouldn't mind being surprised. I've enjoyed previous versions' universities and would be perfectly happy with more of the suburban college-town vibe, but I do like the idea of non-student Sims being able to interact. I went to college as an adult with a small child and that's something I couldn't do in the games. Of course, in real life I couldn't go to toga parties or join crazy frat/sorority hijinks, so the game was still a lot of fun!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I’m always going to be in favour of an “options, please” choice.
    If “campus” encompasses everything from dorms to classrooms, then I’d love to see both a traditional one with only students spawned on it & no one else appearing unless we bring them there ourselves, but also the kinda uni I know: dorms “neighbourhood” or buildings around that world, the actual school being like one of the active career lots. Variety is nice.
  • Eefje96Eefje96 Posts: 32 Member
    Same world, but a big neighborhood with a public lot en Some schools to choose from and ofcourse the options to build it yourself or make Some charges in the building tou dont like (imsorry i have no translate right now) i really would like to see the option travel with the Subway or train to campus.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2019
    bit confused over options but basically id just want what earlier sims games had
    closed off world with only students and possible drop outs that are just hanging about like join the dark side :joy:
    but no i don't want kids and elders to invade my wild student parties
    (unless they are mrs crumplebottom and came to slap everyone with bag)

I also like old style anything over modern things so i feel old style universities would look prettier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I want to build my own campus!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I want a school that can be separated by gender, so one school for the guys and one school for the girls.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I want the option of sims to either a)live off-campus in apartments or b)live at home
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think traditional would focus all the resources and gameplay on University. However, I would love an option to create our own campuses
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is a closed world so will be a closed campus like TS2 regardless of what backdrops they use
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I believe a combination of both urban and rural would be perfect. Similar to Strangerville how the town has different sections for cute trailer park-esque part to the more "middle class" area.

There could be:
    1. School buildings section for class/studying.
    2. Some suburban townhouses and frat/sorority houses
    3. Urban housing would be the dorms because they may look similar to the apartment buildings in City Living
    4. Then an actual Urban styled town square that has a couple of lots for college sims to mingle- for example: Bar, cafe, park, and maybe new commercial lot that is exclusive to university??

**Side Note**
    Watch the newest video from Pixelade and you might be in for a surprise.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    A build mode venues of Community College, University & Grad School.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It would be awesome if we could build the universities and place them in whatever world we want and use a university venue with requirements kind of like the mod. Then have a dorm, sorority, and fraternity lot trait that triggers specific actions on that lot, so we could also build our own. Wishful thinking.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    As long as it’s a world that includes snow, I’m good
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    Traditional please and no bar lot, it's overused.
    ihavemultiplegamertags