Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else want robots?

Comments

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Plumbots were great fun. Imagine if they did something similar, with craftable trait chips, and the ability to swap out a bot's traits on the fly, provided you had the chips for it.

My only request would be that--if we chose to--we should be able to have humanoid robots as well. Maybe one of the bot bodies/bot heads is one that resembles a normal Sim. CAS could have a metallic skintone if we so chose, or we could use "synthetic skin" to make robots indistinguishable from normal Sims.

That way, just like Vampires gave us the ability to make (nearly) any vampire archetype, we could make any kind of robot we wanted.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    A pack with robots and a futuristic world would be great! I also would love if they would patch aliens. And it would be great if we could have a fully functional servo in a household, but without needing a household-slot for him, like it was in Sims 1. :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I guess the costumes were our robots. :D
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I guess the costumes were our robots. :D
    Seeing as the Sims act like robots it makes sense.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I want more normal things that expand the game for a while....I'm a bit tired of all the crazy occult stuff right now....we got mermaids, possessed sims and witches this year...I'd like to see more normal. Of course that doesn't mean I wouldn't want robots but I'd prefer right now, for normal gameplay to be expanded upon.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If anyone puts those robot costumes on residents of Strangerville, please post pictures. :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want robots
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Not at all
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2019
    Bring them on!
    10-04-19_6-41-00nbspPM.png
    No, not that!

I am hoping a futuristic pack is coming.
    This is an extreme stretch, but Catloverplayer posted a thread about commenting on a waterfall and a Guru said that he is looking at a list of packs where that might fit. The picture was really futuristic looking.
    I saw a waterfall inside a mall on Twitter and commented to SimGuruDuke I'd love to see it added to The Sims 4 and to my surprise their considering.

I'm guessing it might be something related to indoor waterparks.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Bring them on!
    No, not that!

This is an extreme stretch, but Catloverplayer posted a thread about commenting on a waterfall and a Guru said that he is looking at a list of packs where that might fit. The picture was really futuristic looking.
    I saw a waterfall inside a mall on Twitter and commented to SimGuruDuke I'd love to see it added to The Sims 4 and to my surprise their considering.

I think he meant that a a joke about looking for a pack. I mean, really, where would that giant waterfall ever be used?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I want robots, plumbots as it expands on gameplay as long they are used in an meaningful way. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Robots, cyborgs, ball jointed dolls, love it all, would certainly welcome it in the game <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Bring them on!
    No, not that!

I think he meant that a a joke about looking for a pack. I mean, really, where would that giant waterfall ever be used?

Where would a chain of floating islands ever be used?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Bring them on!
    No, not that!

Where would a chain of floating islands ever be used?

A chain of islands can be used to live on. How many times are you going to create a build with a two/three story inside, inverse waterfall? Once, maybe. Absolutely no replay value.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes - I love all the bots and robot that have been in various Sims games. I especially loved the Sentry bots that were in the Sims 2 University. They were great for keeping unwanted Sims from invading my sims Geek House toga parties. They were a laugh riot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No, I hated it so much :D I rather have general gameplay first before the devs getting into all these 'strange' things.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'd be happy with Servos or plumbots just as long as they give us the hobby to make them like invention or robotics. Or maybe the station like in the sims 2 where you could even build drones, robotic firefighters, vacuums and servos.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The skeleton maid is already in the sims 4?? She came with Jungle Adventure, why are people going on about her lol
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    The skeleton maid is already in the sims 4?? She came with Jungle Adventure, why are people going on about her lol

That is not bonehilda - not the same thing at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    I love robots but when they bring them to TS4 they REALLY need to NOT make them sentient/sapient + subservient at the same time. In TS2 its very creepy because they have the same wants/fears, personalities, dreams etc as Sims but are constantly forced to do chores. Creepy! But they cant be sold after being brought to life. In TS3 its way worse because Plumbots with the Sentience chip, ie who have become complete 'free' individuals can still be bought and sold and that... is basically a slave trade.

I love the concept of synthetic beings, and if we could make cyborg sims (& disabled sims!!!!) too I'd love it, but they need to be somewhat more thought-out than they have been in previous Sims games!!
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I really want the robots similar to the ones that were in Sims 2 but obviously done better. I think they should be built from the science career. There should be different options as to what they are made for as well. Like make one into a butler/maid or make a robot dog or something, I dunno. Just spit balling at this point but it'd still be awesome.
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    That would be epic :)
  • Options
    Ceunon20Ceunon20 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd love to have robots but not like in the previous games.
    I'd like to see robots like Detroit Become Human or something like this.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Just call me Raven Baxter.

IbVlqbj.gif

6ys3FK1.png
  • Options
    Honestly, I like the look of these robots.