Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Branch.

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
Is there really no way to change your sims' career branch? I want to change Baako Jang into a Musician but the game has him set up as a Comedian. If I demote him too far he just ends up loosing his job and only able to re-apply for the same branch position.
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• shanetra09shanetra09 Posts: 31 Member
    The only way is to have him quit his job and then go into the music career
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    If I demote him too far he just ends up loosing his job and only able to re-apply for the same branch position.

@shanetra09 No, if Baako quits and re-applies to the Entertainment career (which branches off into Comedian and Musician) he starts at the position he left... in Comedy!
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I don't think you can change it though. Once you pick a branch you are stuck in that one unless you choose to have them start back over.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    This is one thing the team should really implement as people have been asking to be able to switch career branches without mods since The Sims 4 released.
    @shanetra09 But that is what I am saying, I didn't pick the career. The game had Baako pre-set in the entertiainment career, through the comdey bramch at level 8. I now can't put Baako in the entertainment career at any lower then what he left it as, let alone change his branch.

@Prink34320V2 Yes! Why hasn't this been implimented yet? It's so frustrating.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    _natalie wrote: »
    @shanetra09 But that is what I am saying, I didn't pick the career. The game had Baako pre-set in the entertiainment career, through the comdey bramch at level 8. I now can't put Baako in the entertainment career at any lower then what he left it as, let alone change his branch.

@Prink34320V2 Yes! Why hasn't this been implimented yet? It's so frustrating.

I didn't say you did as i know the game has his career already picked out. I was saying in general but yeah i see even what i said is pointless as you wouldn't be able to start over.
  • kat_kat_ Posts: 8 New Member
    I had a similar problem. Had a sim in the journalist branch of the writing career but wanted to switch him to author. Game wouldn’t let me so I just had him quit his job and be a stay at home author instead.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    have you tried quitting his job, then choose a different career (not entertainer) maybe go to work there for one day, quit that and try the entertainer career again?
    I am not sure if that works, but I know that I had sims quit their jobs on a pretty high level (at least higher than the one where you choose the branch) and had them pick a totally different career and when I switched back to the old one and they started at level 1 again, but I do not know if that was a bug or intentional.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

edited September 2019
    @RavenSpit I'll double check that tomorrow, but, if I'm not mistaken he'll still start where he left off in the entertainment career.

Edit: Unfortunately, it didn't work.
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    darn it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat