Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Got two: I have no desire to do chores/ cleaning in my gameplay (already hate cleaning in real life!) and find it a nuisance.

Second one isn't really an opinion as such but just wondered if anyone else had the same experience:
    When I first saw the Moschino Stuff pack, I thought the word Moschino was a pun on the sim word, 'myshuno' and didn't realise until later that it was actually an existing fashion brand!

This right here. And not only that, but I also don't understand why so many simmers looooove their chore packs...

As for more unpopular opinions.

- We don't have nearly enough occult states and it really grinds my gears whenever people complain that we have "too many" and "don't need more occults. We have only 3 packs entirely dedicated to the Occult (Vampires, Realm of Magic, Paranormal) and only really 4 occult lifestates (vampires, spellcasters, mermaids, aliens. I don't count skeletons and plant sims because they're temporary. And you can't make ghosts in CAS sooo. ) and two of those four are verrrry lacklustre, so I'd argue we only have 2 real occults and both of them have been nerfed in some way. So yes, it makes me very livid whenever somebody complains about there being "too many" occults. Because really... we only have 2... how is that too many? :angry:
    - On that note, I actually don't hate the idea of Kits but I'm defintely afraid occults will get shoved into those instead of coming in game packs all to appease the mundane loving chore pushers. And that scares me because I fear they won't be fully fleshed out.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I also don't understand why so many simmers looooove their chore packs...

I can't speak for other simmers but I really enjoy some of the more realistic aspects of the game. Including home maintenance. I'd love to see lawn mowers, a return of bed making, window washing, etc. I like the idea of Saturday morning chores then spending the rest of day doing fun family activities. I wish the Bust the Dust kit had dusting with a cloth included but I'll just make do with the vacuums.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

This right here. And not only that, but I also don't understand why so many simmers looooove their chore packs...

It’s a life simulation or at least it’s meant to be. I like things that add real life realism into the game. Chores are a part of life whether we like them or not and just like in real life we can choose to do them or ignore them.

I actually wish the Sims 4 had more realism in it. I’ve recently been playing my Sims 2 game of which I had pretty much forgotten everything and I’m reminded of things that I would love to have in the Sims 4 such as having sims go buy clothes before they can wear them or ordering groceries. Little details that really make it seem more like a life simulation.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I bought the country kitchen kit and the sportswear kit but I don't want, or need, dust all over my house. And the last thing I want is a dust bunny for a pet. :D
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I like EA Eyelashes
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I am willing to give kits a chance even though I agree they are a cash grab. I didn’t buy any of the ones that released the other day but I would have if they had something I really would enjoy.

If they are mainly cas or bb packs then I doubt I’d buy very many as I use cc most of the time.

I just feel starved for content sometimes and would pay £5 for things I really want. I say this while agreeing with a lot of the naysayers which I admit is hypocritical haha
    EdithV wrote: »
    I am willing to give kits a chance even though I agree they are a cash grab. I didn’t buy any of the ones that released the other day but I would have if they had something I really would enjoy.

If they are mainly cas or bb packs then I doubt I’d buy very many as I use cc most of the time.

I just feel starved for content sometimes and would pay £5 for things I really want. I say this while agreeing with a lot of the naysayers which I admit is hypocritical haha

every ea pack is a cash grab, even if it has awesome content.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    We will never get a base game overhaul, at least not for a while. We have proved that we will buy anything that EA throws at us. Would you spend hours creating free content, when you could easily create a product that will garner a lot of profit no matter what? (Excluding JTB, haha.)
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    @Elleupelluellu I didn't want to use the word 'you' as that'd be perceived as rude. But a lot of players buy every pack. This is my opinion tho, and I stand by it.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    @AbbyBaba729 , I was not either replying directly to you :) Just general :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Every pack has something worthwhile in it, even if only to get full gallery access/
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    I feel that Babies and Toddlers don't really need tons of options for game-play, as some have wanted.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I actually like the Country Kitchen & Throwback Fit Kits. I love that Vanilla players can finally start getting what the modders always got.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I actually like the Country Kitchen & Throwback Fit Kits. I love that Vanilla players can finally start getting what the modders always got.

I'm confused. Modders did not make the kits. So I don't understand how these two sentences go together.
  • LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    @CelSims I would guess they were saying that Vanilla players get smaller content packs similar to CC? I'm not entirely sure, and I hope i'm not misrepresenting what they were saying.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I like The Sims 4 Kits.

It gives me an alternative option to be able to buy a pack & enjoy the excitement in getting a new pack on the released day, without having to wait for weeks, months, or even years, while waiting for sales & sometimes being bitter or jealous that I can't buy the pack yet, not only its way out of my budget, but it's expensive, because I need to pay extra for the exchange rate & tax.

p/s: I just want to say it in one sentence, because I can. B)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I'm confused. Modders did not make the kits. So I don't understand how these two sentences go together.

I play vanilla. I believe what they meant is, with the kits, it gives us the vanilla players more options on items that we could pick & choose to be added to our game without having to wait for bigger packs to be released.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Unpopular opinion, you say? Well, I actually LOVE Sims 4. In fact, it's my favorite version of the franchise, and I have played all four. I only really have positive things to say about the game and my time with it. I love almost all the packs, and the ones I don't love I just 'like'. The game runs so smooth on both my old PC and my PS4, with rarely ever a glitch especially on the latter. The graphics are beautiful! I love the "cartoon-y" look, and I am perfectly content without mods. I never use them. I also pay attention to the little details in The Sims 4, especially when it comes to the pets. Some of their little behaviors are SO spot on but it's kind of a blink-and-you-miss-it type of thing. Most importantly, I can actually PLAY it! (I'm looking at you, Sims 3!)

I second this, except i do use mods and cc lol.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hate Sims 4 townies so much...

I think I'm going to make a $10.00 donation to whomever came up with this mod (Twisted Mexi) when I download the mod.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/25/the-sims-4-seasons-summon-lightning-strikes-on-sims-and-objects-cheats/

TS4_LightningStrike_RevealTrailer.jpg

That's it...if I get Sims 4, I'm definitely getting Seasons and going to town on these wretched townies.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I hate Sims 4 townies so much...

Well coming from you that's not surprising. 😄 I'm just surprised you'd even consider buying Sims 4.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    > @summertaffy68 said:
    > Unpopular opinion, you say? Well, I actually LOVE Sims 4. In fact, it's my favorite version of the franchise, and I have played all four. I only really have positive things to say about the game and my time with it. I love almost all the packs, and the ones I don't love I just 'like'. The game runs so smooth on both my old PC and my PS4, with rarely ever a glitch especially on the latter. The graphics are beautiful! I love the "cartoon-y" look, and I am perfectly content without mods. I never use them. I also pay attention to the little details in The Sims 4, especially when it comes to the pets. Some of their little behaviors are SO spot on but it's kind of a blink-and-you-miss-it type of thing. Most importantly, I can actually PLAY it! (I'm looking at you, Sims 3!)

I feel you! I definitely agree with the pet animations/behaviours looking nicer. When I got it for Xmas a few years ago I really wasn't into it, but it eventually grew on me and I've come to really enjoy it.

My unpopular opinion would be to do with the pricing of packs, content etc, since it's not something I've ever really been upset about. If a pack is too expensive for me for whatever reason, or if I think 'I'm not paying that for it!', then I always make sure to wait for some sort of sale before I buy it. I waited until Black Friday before buying most of my TS3 packs for that reason. If something is way too expensive for me even on sale, I don't buy it. As much as I love playing the Sims, it's not a necessity so I don't mind if I can't buy a pack or if I have to wait or save up.
    they/them or she/her
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I also don't understand why so many simmers looooove their chore packs...

I can't speak for other simmers but I really enjoy some of the more realistic aspects of the game. Including home maintenance. I'd love to see lawn mowers, a return of bed making, window washing, etc. I like the idea of Saturday morning chores then spending the rest of day doing fun family activities. I wish the Bust the Dust kit had dusting with a cloth included but I'll just make do with the vacuums.
    Sharonia wrote: »

It’s a life simulation or at least it’s meant to be. I like things that add real life realism into the game. Chores are a part of life whether we like them or not and just like in real life we can choose to do them or ignore them.

I actually wish the Sims 4 had more realism in it. I’ve recently been playing my Sims 2 game of which I had pretty much forgotten everything and I’m reminded of things that I would love to have in the Sims 4 such as having sims go buy clothes before they can wear them or ordering groceries. Little details that really make it seem more like a life simulation.

I suppose that makes sense. Maybe I just lack understanding because I play Sims more to escape reality or live out a sort of "Dream life" rather than simulate my actual day to day life. Lol.
    "SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion would be to do with the pricing of packs, content etc, since it's not something I've ever really been upset about. If a pack is too expensive for me for whatever reason, or if I think 'I'm not paying that for it!', then I always make sure to wait for some sort of sale before I buy it. I waited until Black Friday before buying most of my TS3 packs for that reason. If something is way too expensive for me even on sale, I don't buy it. As much as I love playing the Sims, it's not a necessity so I don't mind if I can't buy a pack or if I have to wait or save up.

I agree with this completely. The only pack I have paid full price for was Paranormal Stuff since it actually seemed like a really good value for the pack and I love occult things. Otherwise, I wait until a sale or I buy from a third party website.

Sims 4 isn't really that expensive if you wait until sale, or get it from a third party website as I have.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Every pack has something worthwhile in it, even if only to get full gallery access/

I sort of both agree and disagree with this at the same time.

I defintely think every pack is worthwhile in some way. Just not necessarily at full price. Like for me, I defintely wouldn't have paid $20 for Parenthood since that's not worth that price to me but the $10 I got it for made it feel more worth it to me since I mainly just wanted the CAS items.
    Monet11 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion: They should put cars in a kit. This game has loading screens every time you leave a lot. Sims are just going to get in the car, make a choice from a pie menu, and the car will disappear. Or shake if they do a woo hoo action. I think you could do that in a kit.

I also agree with this. I've never seen much of a need for cars in the game for this exact reason. (Which I don't have a problem with loading screens anyway.) But since so many people seem to want them, I feel this is the best way to do it.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I dont give a toss about not having an open world or loading screens, the loading screens give my eyes a break 😂 I blink lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top