Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id really like them to move onto Sims 5 already and them to focus on actual gameplay and not Diversity™
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Even though I'd love a family life pack, I don't want it to be like TS3 Generations. I liked it in TS3 but I think we have enough of the American family theme (toddler stuff, kids room stuff, parenthood). I'd love it if they combined that theme with aspects of family life from other continents. For example Italian culture is all about family. Bring back Monte Vista!

I would also like an Italian world. I would take a combination of France and Italy if they would like to do it that way.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    > @beville said:
    > I don't want to see werewolves, fairies, plant people, or zombie in the Sims 4.

plant people are already in the game.
    > @Becka28 said:
    > I dislike having weather and seasons in my game.

there should be a setting to disable weather.
    > @lasummerb said:
    > The game would be boring without mods and cc. Mods make the world go round.

that isnt really an unpopular opinion
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I don’t hate having swatches especially for when it comes to build buy mode. I like a color wheel but I’m fine without it.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I hate raising kids in the Sims.
    Grease is the word!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    - I find Sims 4 more fun than the other games in the franchise and it keeps me amused for a lot longer.

Same for me although I've only just recently realized it.

I've tried to love the Sims 3 and it really is a lovely game but I just don't enjoy playing it as much as I do the Sims 4. I have so much attachment to my Sims 4 sims and no matter how much I try I just don't feel the same way about sims in the Sims 3.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2021
    I like Sims 4 premades more tham Sims 3 ones. It's the main reason I started to play Sims 4 again, because I hated about 90% of premade sims in whatever Sims 3 town I played, they were all ugly and there were too many of them. Apparently I prefer smaller words.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Couldn't care less about Bonehilda, cars, grocery stores, or werewolves. This is a bit old, but I wish lilsimsie would use her platform to suggest something more useful than naming cowplants.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Rambling text dump coming up, you have the option, not requirement, to read. If you do, read at your own discretion. xD

Not sure how unpopular this is, but I'm starting to prefer Sims 4 over the Sims 3. A few more additions and modifications and in my opinion I think Sims 4 will surpass the Sims 3 in my books. I almost completely agree with there being quite a large amount of greed, cash grabbing, and backtracking going on, but I do also notice that some of the devs are actually trying to make an honest effort to please us. Is it always successful? No. Do I agree with EVERYTHING they do? No. For example, I don't agree with them that it's hard to make bunk beds, cars, etc., and they've made some pretty poor and fallible excuses as to why they won't, but I also don't agree with the statement that absolutely none of the devs care or that they're all just looking after themselves and not us. There are a few bad apples (which tends to spoil the bunch, as the saying goes), and maybe the higher ups and CEO are genuinely corrupt, but some employees genuinely do give two cents about our opinions and feedback. I don't think they'd open a good majority of these forums if they didn't, personally. It's an awful amount of work and dedication to just make forums to make themselves look good. I mean it's technically possible, but I just don't think that's the case.

I personally had some very good experiences with EA's employees. They were very helpful with my complaints, and very respectable, and actually made an effort to rectify the problems I had, as with a rather recent one I had about my account on here. No, I'm not a "sheep" to EA, I'm just giving my honest experience. I'm loyal to me, myself, and I when it comes to forming an opinion about something I happen to like.

I think the truth is is that adding the simple things like the ones I just mentioned earlier is just very low on their priority list and they're more focused on bringing some new exciting opportunities and some risk taking. Who knows? They may just get to it one day. I know there are die-hard legacy Sims fans who would disagree entirely, and state that us Sims 4 lovers are just licking EA's boots or lying. That really isn't the case, it's just a matter of preference and opinion. Nor am I interested in getting overly passionate and emotional about a video game when real life things are far more important to me. And I'm CERTAINLY not interested in getting into petty drama over it against those with differing opinions. These are merely my own thoughts, and me getting frustrated that people are judging each other for their differing views and values (as is common within the nature of the fellow 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sapien.)
    Anyway, the closest I got to getting truly angry was Journey to Batuu, but even that wore off, and now it's more like a hiccup to me (albeit a rather severe hiccup, but still a hiccup) and I still think the majority of the gameplay for the base game and other packs far make up for it. I'm far more passionate about how people treat each other.

I do think it's just to call out the greed and misdeeds of a company so that they'll learn, but not brand the people or employees all as bad people for seeing the good in things. I still have faith Sims 4 could improve, and that faith won't die until the Sims 4 is finished, and already I can see my own faith wasn't in vain for past experiences with the Sims 4 and some employees. Even if we never get absolutely EVERYTHING we want in the Sims 4, we'll still have plenty of positive memories and fun gameplay to relive for those who enjoy it (not saying everyone has to xD).

I really think a lot of the devs do care. We've had some very good packs over the years, and some crappy ones. That's just any game. They've listened to us on many things, such as toddlers, skintones, glitches... and they've even given us some pretty cool free stuff! I think what should be done is to just appreciate everything they've done for us already, and be patient with future additions they may or may not put in.

And I bet my bottom dollar... no, I prophesize, when or if the Sims 5 comes out, Sims 4 will end up being the best game to ever grace the game community's existence, and then Sims 5 will get all the beatings, and calling every person who works for or even has something positive to say about EA "money hungry and licking their boots". It's likely to be the same cycle as the Sims 3. Worst games ever until the new generation comes out, then they're the best games ever. Personally, I prefer to try and be as unbiased as humanly possible with the games, and develop my own honest thoughts and opinions. I'm an individual, just like everyone else. Some people will hate a game, others will love it. Some of us just so happen to prefer the Sims 4.

Yes, I'm fully aware they got a rather shameful "award" twice in a row. But that was then, I don't know much about their CEO, and not all humans that are affiliated with EA are automatically "evil". I can think of companies with much worse corruption going on (Tencent Holdings being a prime example). But even then, are they not humans just like the rest of us?

This was more of a ramble about how people are treating each other (including the employees, even the truly dedicated ones) over a video game, and that it's okay to have our own values and casual interests, no matter what others say. Just so long as we respect one another, and our thoughts. I'm not holding back the truth. I'm actually being as truthful as possible with my view on the game, and I'm aware that us with the same viewpoint might be disagreed with or even argued against. It's not the game that I'm overly passionate it about, it's what we're allowing it to shape us into.

Ramble over. xD
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Okay, I did not know those two words counted as profane, sorry...
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My daughter & I feel that Sims 4 is finally becoming what was fun with Sims 3 without the lagging. We are both very happy with Sims 4 & are looking forward to more improvements with it.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I don't care about Bonehilda.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    My biggest unpopular opinion is probably that I really don't understand the praise around Seasons. The game is a life simulator, seasons and weather should just be there without question. I shouldn't have to spend an extra 40 dollars for a system that should just be in the game without question, and I'm definitely not gonna praise them for making us pay a hefty EP price for something that was cut from the base game.
  • pjnpjn Posts: 7 New Member
    Stuff breaking is stupid and not fun. There should be an option to turn this "feature" off. Or at least make it WAY less common.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    pjn wrote: »
    Stuff breaking is stupid and not fun. There should be an option to turn this "feature" off. Or at least make it WAY less common.

Make sure you put all unbreakable objects in your Sims homes.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    I am not even a bit interested about farming.

Horses sure, but not in farming pack.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    a farming pack would be boring
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    The Sims should not be fully open world nor can it handle it, even with today's tech
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think the Ghosties in the Paranormal pack will do just fine as little floating emotion buffs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    I kinda like the eyeball ring

*ducks*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top