Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 should have kept the system of one world per save. I think the amount of tiny worlds and the worlds being close together doesn't make sense. Focussing on just one larger world and its townies, with the option to move to another world permanently if you really want to, would be perfect imo. I don't like seeing Sims from other worlds walk around.

Mercy, no! I very strongly disagree. I'd hate to be limited as a player to one world, that's madness. It was one of the most restricting things about Sims 3 that I hated. I like to create a lot of households to put in my game and the more variety of environments, the more options I have. I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I love the Sims 4 world design mechanics for the most part.

I wouldn't mind too much though if most townies were restricted to their home towns, with some exceptions for big cities or vacation areas. StrangerVille and Batuu have townie limitations so it can be done. But I still want to be able to see my own Sims in other areas so I can interact with them.

For me it’s not the travelling that I dislike. I enjoy being able to visit other worlds. I just want the sims to be confined to their own worlds. Like take now for instance I’m playing a family in Newcrest. Every time my sim leaves the house to walk the dog, jog or visit a community lot there will be residents from other worlds ruining my immersion. Residents from Mt. Komorebi a place that in my imagination I consider to be a very long way from Newcrest. Sulani residents will be walking around the streets in their island attire. It all just feels very wrong to me. I want to be able to believe that Sulani is an island far away, Mt. Komorebi is a place on the other side of the world. I can’t do this in the Sims 4 because the game won’t let me.

Yeah, I think can relate to that. The famous Sims always turn up everywhere and disrupt everything around them. I would have liked them to be restricted to Del Sol. And you're right about Sulani Sims...I have specific wardrobes for my Islanders that are still lightweight for winter since it's a tropical area, but when they turn up in a blizzard with just a long sleeved shirt and bare legs under the long sarong, it's a little weird, lol. Same with heavy winter clothes turning up in Sulani in the "cold" season when it's only raining.

I think it's a little complicated for devs to make these decisions because sometimes you end up inadvertently restricting the players, like in Realm of Magic, when Occult players wanted to see Spellcasters using magic everywhere and there's none to be found, yet we have known townies showing up in the Magic Realm instead of random people.

I don't know. Maybe it's just Sims 4 mechanics overall. A lot of things seem to work in a backwards way.
    #Team Occult
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @Sharonia @LiELF I have this same issue with sim from other worlds (especially Sulani and when I get Snowy Escape, sims from Mt.Komorebi) disrupting my immersion in other worlds, but if you use mods I recently found this mod https://www.patreon.com/posts/39030724 and it helps with containing sims to their worlds, it's not perfect, but it helps a lot. I am afraid we might never get this change from EA, so I am really happy we have this mod...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2020
    It's not that unpopular but I would also like to be able to restrict townies or sims I am not playing to certain worlds. Relatives and friends are exceptions, I can see why they would travel. I liked how EL brought more emphasis on having relatives visit and recognize each other. That's an improvement IMO on what happened before. I would like being able to limit where townies show up in certain worlds or to choose my townies and then where they are active.

I like being able to travel between the worlds. I prefer that over TS3. I've started restricting how my sims travel based on how worlds fit together. So, Oasis Springs, Del Sol Valley and StrangerVille are all closer together and those sims can travel in between them, though StrangerVille is pretty remote.

Newcrest is mainly community lots and everyone can go there easily.

Willow Creek goes with Newcrest and it's not that hard to go to Brindleton Bay or Windenburg or Evergreen Harbor. Evergreen Harbor is kind of off on its own but Bess Sterling also hangs out in San Myshuno because she's originally from a city. Forgotten Hollow is near Windenburg.

Sulani is near nowhere and now Mt. Komorebi is a flight away from anywhere. Anyway, I'm sure everyone has their own preferences, but yes, I'd like to have the ability to manage this. An overhaul to townies would probably make sense. I edit some of them and want to keep those around, but no, I don't want a free-for-all between the worlds.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    @ChampandGirlie
    I'd actually put Mt. Komorebi near San Myshuno. Look at it like if you leave SM from the Fashion District you end up in Mt. Komorebi. Both are japan inspired.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't think toddlers are irritating. No more than older sims, anyway. They are almost the same as kids when fully skilled, and are yet incapable of all that stupid stuff like push-ups in the middle of the street, strange walkstyles when need to pee and idle animations.
    They act their age, unlike adult sims.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    @ChampandGirlie
    I'd actually put Mt. Komorebi near San Myshuno. Look at it like if you leave SM from the Fashion District you end up in Mt. Komorebi. Both are japan inspired.

Yes, fair enough. I just play San Myshuno to be more like NYC or San Francisco. It can really be any mega-city. It's just "the city" in my game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If your wife gets pregnant and you didnt impregnate her, why does the husband not register this as cheating? He should remember whoohoos and be upset when a wife is suddenly pregnant!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    I don't get why people are upset about cars or farms. You wouldn't be in control of it and it is mainly just some animation going to or from your house. That's development best used on something else. I didn't care for the car in FFXV either and felt it was a waste of development. If you want to farm then play a farm sim game. I recommend any of the Story of seasons games.

I think a farmer's market would be great though. It could be like the festivals that pop up every now and again.
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    If your wife gets pregnant and you didnt impregnate her, why does the husband not register this as cheating? He should remember whoohoos and be upset when a wife is suddenly pregnant!

Yeah, that one is weird, especially since the game always recognizes the child's real father in the family tree/relationship panel, so everybody in game, including the husband, knows it's not his child. And I think it's been that way in every Sims game, starting with Sims 2.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    - Bunk Beds don't belong in Tiny Living, the pack was centered around tiny homes not family life. I've never seen a bunk bed in a tiny home once, it's just not a thing. They belong in Parenthood/kids room stuff.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Actually if you google tiny house and bunk bed together there is a ton that have them because they are space savers. Bunk beds utilize wall space above so there's so it's a smaller footprint which makes it take up less room. It makes sense to do that.
  • MetaDoeMetaDoe Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't want any new tragedies (that haven't been in the past games) in the Sims 4. My life sucks enough already, don't exactly have a need to recreate sad moments in the Sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    MetaDoe wrote: »
    I don't want any new tragedies (that haven't been in the past games) in the Sims 4. My life sucks enough already, don't exactly have a need to recreate sad moments in the Sims.

I completely agree! I mean, my life doesn’t suck, but it has surely had its share of drama and sadness! I’m sorry yours sucks. :( I’m glad we have The Sims. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    Toddlers suck, age them up to kids and don't deal with the hassle of potty training and people picking them up and setting them down for 5 sim hours only to get them taken away because they're hungry LOL. of course AFTER getting a few cute screenshots to remember their little form!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    Even though I'd love a family life pack, I don't want it to be like TS3 Generations. I liked it in TS3 but I think we have enough of the American family theme (toddler stuff, kids room stuff, parenthood). I'd love it if they combined that theme with aspects of family life from other continents. For example Italian culture is all about family. Bring back Monte Vista!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Actually if you google tiny house and bunk bed together there is a ton that have them because they are space savers. Bunk beds utilize wall space above so there's so it's a smaller footprint which makes it take up less room. It makes sense to do that.

Sure some people have them but they're not very common in tiny homes at all, they're a kids room thing not a tiny home thing. Majority of people who live in tiny homes are couples without kids, if you look up tiny homes in general you might find one or two bunk beds but it's not common, they usually have loft beds or standard double beds instead.

Whereas if you look up kids rooms, half the results will have bunk beds because they're generally for kids. So I think although they're technically "space saving" they would fit way more with kids room stuff or parenthood instead. You could use them in a tiny home if you wanted but they definitely belong in a family pack instead imo.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    Bunk beds and lofted beds should have been included in Discover University. They're a staple in college dorms.
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    > @mikkimouse1978 said:
    > Unpopular Opinion: I don't enjoy the Sims 4.
    >
    > I just purchased The Sims 4 because it was on sale for $5.00 along with one of the expansion packs because it was on sale for $10.00; however, I do not enjoy the game. The most interesting thing I have found about this game is the Create a Sim. In fact, The Sims 4 makes me miss The Sims 3.

same. I literally only own the base game and seasons. the cas is one of the main reasons I continue to play 4.
  • MillyMilly Posts: 17 Member
    It's been 5 years since I created my own post... how does one create it here? I can't find the button for it.
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    so far my only unpopular is that I genuinely do not care for height sliders. I would be perfectly content if they never add this feature in any future installments.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Bunk beds and lofted beds should have been included in Discover University. They're a staple in college dorms.

My college phased bunk beds out a while ago.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Get to Work, Dine out and Vintage Glamour are underrated expansions
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Agree, however, it's a shame that Dine Out is such a broken mess. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member

I agree on GTW. A lot of players and simtubers rate at the bottom because it's focus is the 3 careers and retail so if your sims aren't in those careers or running a shop then it ends up offering very little or nothing.

I like the careers but I know I can't play them everyday cause I'd get bored but that is fine with me cause I kinda hated how active careers in ts3 you had to be active everyday or make no progress. Also I know that retail isn't as detailed as it was in OfB but I still like it and enjoy running my own bakery or flower shop.
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2021

Vintage glamour has to be one of my favorite stuff packs to date. So many nice items in that pack and the vanity table too🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top