Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    "positive" people in this forums are the most toxic ones and don't seem to care for the franchise at all, just for their own fun.
    since they're having fun, then who cares about the amount of bugs, the flawed AI, the expensive prices, the reused content etc etc?
    seems like they can't see why so many people is disappointed with the game.

I wouldn't call people toxic for having an opinion. People like what they like and if they enjoy the game with all the bugs and awful design choices that the game has then that's perfectly up to them. Are these people good for the franchise? Definitely not because it teaches EA that they can release what ever rubbish they want and people will just throw their money at it no matter what or how bad it is. I was one of these people for a while but I've wised up since the Star Wars pack was announced. I have quit playing the Sims 4 now completely and it isn't because of the Star Wars pack, it's because I've realized that the quality that was present in all the previous versions of this franchise is completely missing from the Sims 4. I don't know what happened between TS3 and TS4 with the development team but something has gone completely pear shaped at EA/Maxis, it's like they just don't care about the quality anymore and it's sad. :/

no no, i'm not talking about the people who enjoys the game or genuinely believes on what they are talking about and posts their own opinion, i'm referring about the people who is straight up mean or silences OUR opinions with the examples i've posted above. negative people can be mean too, of course, but in this moment i'm talking about them because they are always complaining about how "negative people is so rude" while being even more rude themselves.

as for the state of ts4, i'm really upset at the treatment the game is getting. you know it's not good when ppl sees a trailer of paralives and says "the sims could never" or "wow, if only the sims could do this but of course it's all about the money". it's really sad because i truly love this franchise and seeing it being so hated because ea couldn't stop being actually so greedy it's enraging and completely unfair.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Monday wrote: »
    Strangerville is a great pack. I love the weirdness, I love possessed sims, I love the build/buy items, and I adore the world so much. Easily my favorite world along with San Myshuno. I like its story, also. Even if I don't interact with the story, knowing it's lurking adds such atmosphere to the world.

@Monday , Strangerville is one of three GPs I don't own. I thought about buying it when it was 50% off but wasn't sure if it could only be played while doing the mission. Sounds like you can play in that world the same as any other world?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    "positive" people in this forums are the most toxic ones and don't seem to care for the franchise at all, just for their own fun.
    since they're having fun, then who cares about the amount of bugs, the flawed AI, the expensive prices, the reused content etc etc?

"why are you complaining? omg stop, you're hurting devs feelings. you don't like the sims 4? then make a game yourself. if you hate ts4 so much then why are you on ts4 forums? different opinions? what's that? dude stop complaining smh the game is amazing. why are you so salty? i don't understand the negative feedback, perhaps it's people just whining cuz they didn't get what they wanted, ha. stop asking for x thing to be added to the game because i, me, myself don't want in on MY game- i mean on the game. stop complaining and asking for the game to be good! it's already so good, you're just an uncultured swine. We could also create a New Game Pack Whinge Bingo card. ugh, negative people is so...negative. let's all be positive and dream rainbows and unicorns yay the world is a beautiful place to live in and so is the sims 4! lalalala constructive criticism? i don't know her."

i'm not against all positive people, i'm against positive people that tries to shove down their opinions, excuses anything and tries to silence any other kind of feedback that they disagree with.

yes I know when I'm at party are picking friends its the negative people I want to be around
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd rather have a pack that is an advertisement for a Disney theme park I can't afford to visit, than an advertisement for fashions I wouldn't want to wear. ;)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I'd rather have a pack that is an advertisement for a Disney theme park I can't afford to visit, than an advertisement for fashions I wouldn't want to wear. ;)

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I like the scary Vampire & Werewolf portraits from Spooky Stuff.
  • the_red_simmerthe_red_simmer Posts: 36 Member
    I can start games with the intent of making my Sims miserable/killing them off but always end up falling in love with them and babying them until they die of old age.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    @CaprianaB Yes, you can definitely play in Strangerville like it's any other world! You can even put in cheats to make infected sims normal. The world itself has three states of increasing weirdness, plus a normal state. You can absolutely cheat the game into a normal state with narrative.start_narrative narrative_strangetown_act4 and it will finish the storyline without you needing to doing it, if you don't want any of the weirdness at all.

Either way, you can always just move your sims in and live there and never ever touch the storyline! It's a great old forgotten desert town, the sort that would thrive on local Area 51 rumors. Western, with maybe a bit of dated tackiness from a failed tourist industry. There are some American-west styled clothing choices and the build/buy is western/dingy with some secret-lab styled items as well. Keep in mind, though, that because it already has multiple world-state options, the Eco Lifestyle footprint options pristine/industrial don't work in Strangerville. Even in a normal world state, there might be NPCs that have titles over them, Conspiracy Theorist, Military Personnel, Scientist, but you can 100% treat them like any standard townie NPC.

Storyline aside, it's a great world with lots of personality and history!

Okay another unpopular opinion:

The Jealousy trait is one of my absolute favorites. It's strong and sims are constantly being influenced by it. I love a powerful negative trait!
    a63ftuN.png
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

me to

Thats actually a very good point, and to be honest I had not even thought of that. I was one against the idea of the Star Wars pack mostly bc I used to play SWOTR, but I am still happy for those happy for it. I am glad to read all of the opinions and thoughts of those that were excited and how it plays and all the new thoughts, it helps me get more perspective on it, and this is an angle i really agree with yet hadn't thought of. Im not a huge fan of many many of the clothes and hope that there can be at least more choices for men, toddler age up, because I am not a fan of many of the choices they have for them. I loved your point so much!

My unpopular idea, I loved working to get room buffs for environment before and seeing how I could do it with least amount of items, and loved my Sims having it all the time they were in it, and i do not like how it only lasts a certain amount of time. Making it harder, thats fine, more of a challenge to do, but making it only last so long, I don't like that at all.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Not unpopular exactly, but at the very least niche opinion - Vampire Pack was the best pack made for Sims 4.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Not unpopular exactly, but at the very least niche opinion - Vampire Pack was the best pack made for Sims 4.

I agree!
    #Team Occult
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    ArcherDK wrote: »

I agree!

I only play occult sims. I use a lot from the Vampire Pack all the time. I love this pack a lot.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    Oh man, I have A LOT of those, sorry in advance.

1. I like The Sims 3, but I don't like most expansion packs for it. University is a chore and I have no idea why you can only send one Sim at time, instead of living with friends/siblings like in The Sims 2, Late Night has some great ideas that are really underdeveloped (the weird way fame works, the always empty clubs, the terrible elevators that make sims late for work even if they leave the house pretty much immediately after the car arrives), Generations has a lot of stuff that's cute in theory but mostly doesn't do anything, Island Paradise is just a game breaking mess, Into the Future and World Adventures are probably nice, but just don't fit my playing style at all, so I have no interest in them, being a celebrity in Showtime feels very lackluster compared to Get Famous and Superstar...

2. I feel farming wouldn't make for a great expansion pack. Making a good farming game is a huge task in itself, a game pack will never be as good as Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon or other titles focused just on farming. If I want to grow some plants or have farm animals, I'd rather play a game focused just on that.

3. I don't see much point of adding cars to The Sims 4, seeing how there's no open world and they would have very limited use.

4. Without the story progression mod (or turning the story progression off completely) The Sims 3 is game breakingly unplayable for me. The EA story progression just doesn't work. When I played that way, I had to rotate families pretty frequently (which isn't great, because it resets the wants, and sometimes you have long term wants for your sims), otherwise the entire city would just grow old and die childless, and new sims would move in. No sense of continuity and super unrealistic. Sometimes sims just randomly disappeared, too, which really sucked.

5. I like rabbit hole jobs a lot more than I like repetitive active careers (with an exception for the creative ones, like the stylist).

6. I have a hard time explaining this one, so I'm not sure if anybody will get it, but... I think the best part of The Sims universe/culture/lore or whatever you want to call it are when they're being quirky and original and not just copying real life. Like, for example, Eco Lifestyle doesn't make sense to me, because sims don't have a global warming problem and energy appears out of nowhere, why would they suddenly care about being eco? Or the World Adventures stuff that's inspired by real countries. Or the Sims 3 University university system becoming more like the American universities. Or "Simstagram" being a thing, even though nobody has an account we can see. I just want The Sims world to be its own weird little world (like in The Sims 1, every next generation was worse about it), and I think doing it this way would require EA to take a much more creative approach, which would be nice.

7. I loved The Sims 1, I even managed to play it again a few years back and I had a lot of fun, but I think that if it was re-released, like some people apparently want, most people would hate it, because it's just not a very attractive game to play in 2020 and what was once revolutionary is boring now. It's way more difficult to keep your sims happy, there's very little to do that actually matters, unless you have a lot of imagination for your own roleplaying and all the sims are pretty much the same. I think somebody who never played it would be like "what, that's it?"

8. People are being too harsh on sims youtubers: if they say they like something, they're shilling for EA, if they say they don't, they're just trying to suck up to the community, and so on. I feel some people are taking their frustration about the game on them.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I wouldn't call people toxic for having an opinion. People like what they like and if they enjoy the game with all the bugs and awful design choices that the game has then that's perfectly up to them. Are these people good for the franchise? Definitely not because it teaches EA that they can release what ever rubbish they want and people will just throw their money at it no matter what or how bad it is. I was one of these people for a while but I've wised up since the Star Wars pack was announced. I have quit playing the Sims 4 now completely and it isn't because of the Star Wars pack, it's because I've realized that the quality that was present in all the previous versions of this franchise is completely missing from the Sims 4. I don't know what happened between TS3 and TS4 with the development team but something has gone completely pear shaped at EA/Maxis, it's like they just don't care about the quality anymore and it's sad. :/

Or, it's like, those of us who enjoy the game...enjoy the game and have our own opinions and the many opinions you listed in your little paragraph aren't fact.
  • heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    Playing with more than two sims is very boring
    5zUb897.jpg

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Playing one single YA sim is super boring for me, since everything feels easy. If I give them multiple romantic interests, affairs, or large households it makes the game more challenging for me.

Also 100% of my couples have kids. Not because I want kids IRL and not because I like playing them in the game. It's only so the genes and family line don't die out😅 I am obsessed with seeing how pretty my sim's offspring end up😂
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My unpopular opinion today is, i liked not having high number to pay for bills. I wish they had left that alone
  • ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    cars are overrated and the game can't have open world
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I have no complaints on Sims 4.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wish could play Sims 4 on my Switch. Not a mobile version but the same version consoles have.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I find toddlers boring and overrated.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
    > @Lief said:
    > universty is better when it was fun(ts3) then just doing acdemic stuff(ts4 and ts2 unviersty)

I agree, not that big of a ts3 fan, but ts4 uni is boring
    > @Lisamango0 said:
    > I don't like using CC/Mods.
    >
    > In my opinion, CC makes the sims too realistic, and I actually like their style. Next to that, CC is mostly glitchy. For me, it works fine the way it is :)

Try maxis match, it fits the sims 4 style
    > @TyrAVB said:
    > My unpopular opinion, I hate that I have to make random posts and collect likes in order to gain enough points to be able to post something of my own :(

Same

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top