Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Sorry to post twice but I just thought of another one :D

I'm OK with having not totally realistic gameplay - I play The Sims to escape reality!
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    giving this a bump for more opinions <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont like supernaturals in every other EP and I wish they were all tied to their own expansion
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sincere question: When The Sims 3 was still new, was that also claimed to be a new/different game and separate from Sims 2?

The idea that the games don't exist in the same series is weird to me, to say the least. Isn't that how the series is, well, a series to begin with? Isn't that why they're numbered?

I've only ever heard this opinion about The Sims.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Hmm let's see..... I don't think the sims 4 runs as good as it should or could on a gaming computer. I hope the next game is built on dx11 or 12 so it can scale to hardware properly and not be gimped from the start.

Have another one, I actually find the graphics of the sims 3 charming despite the pudding faces, same goes for 4 because it looks great despite the low poly count.
  • IotaIota Posts: 3 New Member
    I like that Morgyn exists and is non-binary. If I'm honest, I've been using they/them pronouns for them since I first saw them without anyone having to tell me. And as a non-binary person myself, I actually really like the gender customisation (though the ability to pick pronouns would be awesome!)
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I don't get it when people laugh about bugs. The fire toilet thing, dancing firefighters, townies in weird outfits, pets and dead people calling you to hang out. It ruins the game for me.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
    I love the Sims 3 graphics style. So many people say it's ugly but I really like the style.
    What's the deal with airline food?
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't want werewolves, fairies and superheroes.
    edited June 2020
    I don't think Seasons is a great pack (in The Sims 4).
    edited June 2020
    My First Pet Stuff is better than at least 5 stuff packs.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I actually like the loading screens. It's like the curtain closing between different scenes in a play.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I really didnt want the repo man to return. It is such an unreslistic silly thing. People dont steal random stuff if you cant pay your bills. The way it was (with no power or water ) is more true to life. I wish eventuallly you got punished with community service or something similar and more true to life. Or you get thrown off your lot snd have to survive rags to riches style until you can afford a new lot and bills (like foreclosing). Repo men reposses cars and other large objects thst belong to the company until you pay the loans off. And we dont have cars :(

I hate nostalgia for previous sims features purely becsuse they were there before without truly judging if it wss good or bad.I like new and different game features.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    a Farm and barn life type of pack would be incredibly boring.
    edited June 2020
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I really didnt want the repo man to return. It is such an unreslistic silly thing. People dont steal random stuff if you cant pay your bills. The way it was (with no power or water ) is more true to life. I wish eventuallly you got punished with community service or something similar and more true to life. Or you get thrown off your lot snd have to survive rags to riches style until you can afford a new lot and bills (like foreclosing). Repo men reposses cars and other large objects thst belong to the company until you pay the loans off. And we dont have cars :(

I hate nostalgia for previous sims features purely becsuse they were there before without truly judging if it wss good or bad.I like new and different game features.

Agreed, but now that our sims pay taxes, in real life, in some circumstances, if you dont pay they can freeze your bank accounts and take property, vehicles, etc, they should have made it more realisitic i guess but so many fans begged for this.
    Sims 4(with mods) is the best sims game in the series hands down.
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I love the babies and toddlers, but then, to me at least, the child stage is so boring until they age up to teens. They have so much life and personality as toddlers but as soon as they turn into children, they become lumps who move about the house like zombies. Real life children at 8 or 9 are fun and lively, but Sims kids rarely show that liveliness unless they are playing on a jungle gym.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    CAS 'Styled Looks' is such an under appreciated feature. There is so much potential there - create and share styles, for example.
    giphy.gif
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don’t understand the appeal of container homes.

When there are lots of bugs, oversights, and shortcomings in the game, I don’t understand or feel the need to defend/pacify EA/developers with this series no matter how much I love this game. The devs are not entitled to my constant praise; they are paid to make a game series. Payroll will run them their check whether I say good job, team 😊 or not. And when things are going wrong in the game constructive feedback should be encouraged by both the developers and the simming community. Computer programming, game design, animation, coding, etc. are all hard to do; I get that. But this is also an interactive creative field; that means feedback will be given no matter what ESPECIALLY in a game where the concept is to spend years constantly adding on to it. Why people think the feedback should only be positive or they get ruffled by negative feedback that they view as rude or entitled is, in my opinion, less productive than not. And also, not everyone communicates the same way, so how I might deliver constructive feedback is different than how someone else might deliver constructive feedback. To say anyone has to or should take on a certain tone when they give feedback is unnecessary policing.

The Sims is not the only game I play by any means, but it is the only game that I feel the need to constantly provide feedback for.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get To Work, and Island Living are the worst packs in terms of gameplay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top