Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Re: Female werewolf body shape. While I agree and think it's a little too similar to the male wwolf body shape, I don't think fem wwolves need a human bust line, I like that they look wolfie and not so human. I think if they reshaped the fem wwolf ribcage to look something a little more like the ribcage shape that greyhounds have it would help distinguish them from male wolves.

Buuuuut, that might not be doable because the clothing may not fit right.
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    > @SimsLovinLycan said:
    > 1. I think it's silly that werewolves don't get tails as a customization option without mods on account of "clipping" when A-line/flared-out skirts clip with furniture all the time...often badly. At least tails could be set up to curl around to sit on top of a chair cushion when a sim sits!
    >
    > 2. I don't think clipping is the reason werewolves didn't get digitigrade feet. I think they originally wanted werewolves to be able to wear shoes, but backed out at the last minute and didn't bother to fix the feet/didn't have time before launch. Those ripped-toed sneakers? They're a vestige of that scrapped idea.
    >
    > 3. I think it's kind of misogynistic that female werewolves have no proper bust slider and are forced into a masculine body type by default. It's like, just because they wanted werewolves to be able to be nude, they decided that female werewolves couldn't have a feminine body shape when they transform because the female body is somehow "inherently unwholesome and inappropriate." That's not "inclusiveness and representation," it's misogyny.

What is inappropriate about female anatomy? They're baby feeders, get over it. I mean the option to breastfeed should be seen as inappropriate too or the option to even have a bust, why not just remove them altogether?
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > It's true, though. Won't the lady werewolves be covered in fur, anyways? But look at the characters in Avatar, the outfits are very revealing- yet that doesn't make the movie rated R.
    >
    >
    >
    > And, yes! Let me add to that. Why omit certain types of people in game? Not like skin color stuff, I mean things like people with unique issues, or kid geniuses that get to go to college at a very young age, or drop-outs who left for whatever reason, or even homeless? Why do we need to have mods for all this? It's not cool to be <whatever>? Then don't play as them. It's too hard to watch <whatever>? You're only one person, just don't have that for your characters. I heard they have drop-outs in the high school pack, but that shouldn't be subject to a pack. But who cares if you want to be the Sim who has to live on the streets? Why must you have a house and pay bills, vote for NAPs, yada yada yada, or if you want to play a kid/teen doctor? (yes, this crazy thing actually has happened!) Or what if you want the kid to write or paint and sell their work as they're that good? Oh, wait. They can't have painting/writing skills yet. Or what about kid actors/musicians/singers/cooks? Or say you want to make a spoof on Iron Man, who made their first invention at age whatever? Or say a kid gets turned, and is now frozen in time? TBH, that would make more sense than letting them age up a bit, yes? Oh, yeah, that kid? He's actually ancient- which is why he pays the bills and such. He even took a few college courses, works as a civic designer, and owns a house. Oh, yeah, any he bites.

Mystique from X men?
    > @TheGrandTourFan said:
    > There need to be actual negative consequences in the game. I don't mean a moodlet that goes away after a few Sim hours or even a Sim day. This game is becoming way too positive and it's affecting my gameplay.

I second this, There needs to be negative consequences because even in real world scenarios, consequences are a part and parcel of living
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > It's true, though. Won't the lady werewolves be covered in fur, anyways? But look at the characters in Avatar, the outfits are very revealing- yet that doesn't make the movie rated R.
    >
    >
    >
    > And, yes! Let me add to that. Why omit certain types of people in game? Not like skin color stuff, I mean things like people with unique issues, or kid geniuses that get to go to college at a very young age, or drop-outs who left for whatever reason, or even homeless? Why do we need to have mods for all this? It's not cool to be <whatever>? Then don't play as them. It's too hard to watch <whatever>? You're only one person, just don't have that for your characters. I heard they have drop-outs in the high school pack, but that shouldn't be subject to a pack. But who cares if you want to be the Sim who has to live on the streets? Why must you have a house and pay bills, vote for NAPs, yada yada yada, or if you want to play a kid/teen doctor? (yes, this crazy thing actually has happened!) Or what if you want the kid to write or paint and sell their work as they're that good? Oh, wait. They can't have painting/writing skills yet. Or what about kid actors/musicians/singers/cooks? Or say you want to make a spoof on Iron Man, who made their first invention at age whatever? Or say a kid gets turned, and is now frozen in time? TBH, that would make more sense than letting them age up a bit, yes? Oh, yeah, that kid? He's actually ancient- which is why he pays the bills and such. He even took a few college courses, works as a civic designer, and owns a house. Oh, yeah, any he bites.

Mystique from X men?

[url="http://"]https://www.scholarships.com/news/college-classes/12-year-old-genius-to-be-a-doctor-by-age-18/3964[/url]
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I'm tired that people forgot that The Sims is just a game and the characters ale like dolls not real humans. In the community I see a lot of drama because peole care too much what other people do in their games. Everyday I see a comment like: "You can't use this hairstyle on white sims, this is unrespectful"; "People who whitewash premade sims are racist"; "Morgyn is non binary, you can't make they as a male". Guys realy? This is only a game, you can kill your sims without consequensec, you can ruin their lives, burn their houses and close in the basement if you want. You can also play only with lesbian sims, only with aliens and also delete all premades if you want to do that. This is your own game and you can do whatever you want. If you have a problem with any content creator just block that account. This is easy. If some people want to realise their controversial dreams in their game, good for them, but you don't have to risk your mental health to follow them.

Yes, absolutely and this behaviour confuses me somewhat. I want everyone in this world to feel included, to have equal rights and to feel safe from discrimination and harassment. I want a world where we can all live in peace and harmony.
    I don't understand exactly how that can be achieved by getting angry and trying to control how others play a fictional game because that seems to be putting walls up, not breaking them down.

How is it offensive if someone thinks a particular hair or clothing fashion looks amazing and wants to use it on their character? Such things are surely an opportunity for people of different backgrounds and identities to come together and discuss what they like about that particular style and what it means to them?

Yes, it is very, very frustrating when someone doesn't know something or gets something wrong about your identity, culture or way of life (my family and I have experienced this a lot in real life).
    But when I see angry comments launched against a bit of game content/ book/ etc, it does make me wonder, 'Did you actually talk to the content creator/player first and ask them why they did that, before launching your hate campaign?'
    It may have been just an honest mistake which they may have been willing to change. You might have had an opportunity to work together and it might have also been an opportunity to educate people so that they do understand. But people are less open to listening when they are being shouted at or being labelled as a bad person because they haven't done things exactly how you would do it.

Some players do not play the Sims as a representation of real life, we instead like to make up our own fictional world with fictional races and cultures. This is not repressing anyone else who does play realistically because you are not being stopped from playing the game how you like to play it. Nor is it offensive (as long as said fictional cultures are not a diliberate parody), it is just people using their imagination and creating their own worlds in a game. Because it's supposed to be fun! No one has the same imagination, therefore it is impossible to get everyone to play a creative game exactly the same way.

For goodness sake, can't we all just get along?!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I'm tired that people forgot that The Sims is just a game and the characters ale like dolls not real humans. In the community I see a lot of drama because peole care too much what other people do in their games. Everyday I see a comment like: "You can't use this hairstyle on white sims, this is unrespectful"; "People who whitewash premade sims are racist"; "Morgyn is non binary, you can't make they as a male". Guys realy? This is only a game, you can kill your sims without consequensec, you can ruin their lives, burn their houses and close in the basement if you want. You can also play only with lesbian sims, only with aliens and also delete all premades if you want to do that. This is your own game and you can do whatever you want. If you have a problem with any content creator just block that account. This is easy. If some people want to realise their controversial dreams in their game, good for them, but you don't have to risk your mental health to follow them.

Yes, absolutely and this behaviour confuses me somewhat. I want everyone in this world to feel included, to have equal rights and to feel safe from discrimination and harassment. I want a world where we can all live in peace and harmony.
    I don't understand exactly how that can be achieved by getting angry and trying to control how others play a fictional game because that seems to be putting walls up, not breaking them down.

How is it offensive if someone thinks a particular hair or clothing fashion looks amazing and wants to use it on their character? Such things are surely an opportunity for people of different backgrounds and identities to come together and discuss what they like about that particular style and what it means to them?

Yes, it is very, very frustrating when someone doesn't know something or gets something wrong about your identity, culture or way of life (my family and I have experienced this a lot in real life).
    But when I see angry comments launched against a bit of game content/ book/ etc, it does make me wonder, 'Did you actually talk to the content creator/player first and ask them why they did that, before launching your hate campaign?'
    It may have been just an honest mistake which they may have been willing to change. You might have had an opportunity to work together and it might have also been an opportunity to educate people so that they do understand. But people are less open to listening when they are being shouted at or being labelled as a bad person because they haven't done things exactly how you would do it.

Some players do not play the Sims as a representation of real life, we instead like to make up our own fictional world with fictional races and cultures. This is not repressing anyone else who does play realistically because you are not being stopped from playing the game how you like to play it. Nor is it offensive (as long as said fictional cultures are not a diliberate parody), it is just people using their imagination and creating their own worlds in a game. Because it's supposed to be fun! No one has the same imagination, therefore it is impossible to get everyone to play a creative game exactly the same way.

For goodness sake, can't we all just get along?!

I agree, I saw people getting bent out of shape over someone's edit of Rory, because they were convinced Rory was coded or something. (I don't remember, I blocked the Tweet and the account) I was just so confused, like why did they care that this one person decided to make Rory "pretty", like it was their own private game and they wanted to share their creation because they were proud of it. I've also been called a biggot for making daring to make Morgyn male, because I wanted them/him to have a child with my sim, who they/he was married to. I just don't understand how these people function if the idea of someone not playing the way they play their game.

It's like people forget that the sims is a life simulator and not a reality simulator, like its fine if YOU want YOUR GAME to match your reality, doesn't mean that others will do the same nor is it ok for you to police how others play their game.

Sorry if I just repeated what you just said, it's been a long day and I am tired my critical thinking skills have gone out the window. xD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Re: Female werewolf body shape. While I agree and think it's a little too similar to the male wwolf body shape, I don't think fem wwolves need a human bust line, I like that they look wolfie and not so human. I think if they reshaped the fem wwolf ribcage to look something a little more like the ribcage shape that greyhounds have it would help distinguish them from male wolves.

I think rigging the werewolves for one body type across both genders of sims was tricky enough, heck some of the clothes look weirdly stretched on werewolves. So I don't see how they'd be able to rig two different gendered wolf bodies and then the clothes on top of that, like I mean it'd be doable, just extremely time and resource consuming which EA probably wouldn't allow.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I agree there should be an option to make werewolves more feminine. I didn't think anything of it one way or the other at first until I watched Claire's Let's Play on werewolves, and she was surprised the females could breastfeed in wolf form. That made me feel sad.

I thought about it after that and decided it was misogyny, albeit unintentional. It reminds me of the "not like other girls" trope that has been so overused by Hollywood. Girly girls are looked down upon as dumb, not progressive, and weaker. In order to be smart, strong, and progressive, you have to throw away your femininity. Werewolves apparently must sacrifice their breasts for strength, speed, and ferociousness.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love my female wolfies to have more curves.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    There need to be actual negative consequences in the game. I don't mean a moodlet that goes away after a few Sim hours or even a Sim day. This game is becoming way too positive and it's affecting my gameplay.

That's because the gurus are gearing it more towards children and "family play" rather than catering to the adults who make up the majority of their consumer base. So unlike Sims 1, 2, and on a smaller scale 3, the adult/mature themes have been toned down quite a bit and we aren't getting the same level of adverse consequences for our sim's negative actions.

The surprise element has also been removed to a great degree. When playing Sims 2 or 3, I can't leave my game running unattended for too long because if I did, I'd come back to either a dead sim, a disaster that took place in my absence, or something else that was totally unexpected. In a mod-free Sims 4 game, I can leave my game running for hours, and nothing out of the ordinary happens.

It can get pretty boring without the mods that add a great deal to my game.

Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    High school EP is a joke & Zerbu's mod is still BOSS.

Your sims literally don't do anything in class! After lilsimsie & other YTer previews, EP makes Bantu EP exciting O.x
    edited July 2022

I think rigging the werewolves for one body type across both genders of sims was tricky enough, heck some of the clothes look weirdly stretched on werewolves. So I don't see how they'd be able to rig two different gendered wolf bodies and then the clothes on top of that, like I mean it'd be doable, just extremely time and resource consuming which EA probably wouldn't allow.

They are basically sims in werewolf costumes. They can rig the female werewolves in the same way that they rig the female sims.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Rabbit holes with popups is terrible gameplay, it's repetitive and not fun.
    Shae wrote: »

They are basically sims in werewolf costumes. They can rig the female werewolves in the same way that they rig the female sims.

Maybe they just didn't have time or budget to go as in-depth as they would have liked with the werewolf designs, at least out of the conception phase. I'm not saying it was right and they did do female weresims dirty, but you have to try and think of it from a dev prospective and what they can and can't do.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

Maybe they just didn't have time or budget to go as in-depth as they would have liked with the werewolf designs, at least out of the conception phase. I'm not saying it was right and they did do female weresims dirty, but you have to try and think of it from a dev prospective and what they can and can't do.

As an indie dev, I understand. I would simply love to have a more female werewolf in an update. It's clear that they have a decent female model and werewolf model, all they would really have to do is sculpt the werewolf a bit. Just to give the ladies a more feminine bust.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I don't care that there are no cars/garages. I rarely used them in Sims 2 and 3. I mean it would be cool for the people that want it, but if they never add cars or garages, I'd feel fine.
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    I don’t like the magic, vampires, or the werewolf expansions & game packs. I only liked the fairies..

I can see it from a dev's perspective, but EA has a history of cutting corners to put out mediocre products that they know their consumer base will continue to buy. So why switch up a winning formula now? If mediocrity is what the people want, it is what they will continue to get.

Hopefully, they'll get some stiff competition from Paralives, and this will cause them to kick it into high gear so that we can finally start getting our money's worth. If I'm going to pay 40 bucks for an expansion pack, I, as a consumer, should get that and so much more back in the form of adequate gameplay.

• KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2022
    CelSims wrote: »
    I hope they don't change female werewolves, It's bad enough that werewolves barely look animistic as it is with no tails and human legs, I don't need the females looking even more human.

I agree with you, not wanting to change the female werewolves. I like that the female werewolves don't have big eyes and melons. That would be so...weird. But werewolves are weird. They're both ape and canine (in modern lore, at least). I like the Sims werewolves' design. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have a problem with it at all. They look kinda cool, maybe not like wolves, but like some kinda giant fluffy monster.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    It doesn't bother me that my sims who live in one world have to travel to another for certain activities. I have a loosely organized world system where it doesn't make sense for some day travel but for the most part my sims go where I want them to. With no break in immersion.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    The Sims 2 version of Bella Goth and Michael Bachelor, that everyone all knows and love, is a whitewashed version of their Sims 1 versions. In the Sims 1, both sims use heads labelled Asian (In the Sims 1, heads came as a complete package, ie, no changing hair and facial features), as shown below via the Sims 1 Make a Date application which displays both head and body meshes and texture names.

fpX30r6.png

D08UexF.png

While in game, this may have gone unnoticed for Bella, given that it is difficult to see facial details for Bella in Sims 1 quality, for Michael, it is just inexcusable given how obviously and clearly east Asian he looks. In the Sims 2, they just give him a completely different face. If they decided to make Bella and Michael siblings, they should've gone the way that didn't remove his entire ethnic identity. In fact, the only thing the 1 and 2 versions have in common is a name, because they certainly decided to ignore everything else, such as making the fresh out of college graduate the older brother of a woman with a school age child, and have him die of old age 25 years later.

This was partly due to the limitations of Sims 2 CAS in that every sim essentially had manipulations of the same base face, and as such ethnic minority sims were much more difficult to create.

I just felt the need to post this in here because everyone loves the Sims 2 version, and during the whole discussion about the whitewashing of older characters in the Sims 4, they would often point to the Sims 2 version. People would say that she was Latina, native American, Italian, black etc (or worse, say she was canonically that ethnicity based on no evidence whatsoever), often based on the names of her parents and grandparents that were retconned into existence. As far as I'm aware, the above game files are the only explicit description of her ethnic identity in the entire franchise. Sure she could be those other ethnicities in part, but the main part should always have been her Asian identity.

Maybe this is a result putting way too much time thinking about these people than when what was put in originally created back in 1999/2000.
  • Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    Eliza and Bob Pancakes are a loving, happy couple who actually do adore one another.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top